No Gun Purchases with Change of Address?

Saw this on another site. He claims he cannot purchase firearms while his change of address is being processed. Is this correct? Emphasis added to highlight.

"I just got off the phone with the Illinois State Police to do a change of address for both my FOID and CCL. The lady who helped with the change of address was very helpful with the process. She took my info and my payment. I can still carry my weapon and purchase ammunition. The bad thing about thing, in my opinion, is that if I see a firearm I'm interested in I won't be able to buy it during my review for a period of four to six weeks.
I'm posting this so members of this group would know what to expect when they do a change of address in Illinois.
BTW, it costs $81.00 plus a small processing fee to change your address for both the FOID and CCL."

Saw this on another site. He claims he cannot purchase firearms while his change of address is being processed. Is this correct? Emphasis added to highlight.

"I just got off the phone with the Illinois State Police to do a change of address for both my FOID and CCL. The lady who helped with the change of address was very helpful with the process. She took my info and my payment. I can still carry my weapon and purchase ammunition. The bad thing about thing, in my opinion, is that if I see a firearm I'm interested in I won't be able to buy it during my review for a period of four to six weeks.

I'm posting this so members of this group would know what to expect when they do a change of address in Illinois.

BTW, it costs $81.00 plus a small processing fee to change your address for both the FOID and CCL."

edit: COA $75 CCL, $5 FOID. Is the $1 processing fee the new name for the electronic convenience fee where you have no option or there is additional? Its not the money but the principal.

Archived