Laser Sights - are they legal in Illinois?

TomKoz

They are illegal in Chicago and Cook county. I mentioned them in our post for what we would like to see in the new CCW bill. Hopefully Todd was listening and will get this in the bill. There is no downside to the use of a laser pointer. It is actually a device that promotes safety by allowing you to hit your target, helping to eliminate stray bullets. It can also be used to keep a shooting from even happening, by simply turning the laser on someone attacking you it might get them to stop and re-think their actions.

Wow. I was joking. But of course theyre illegal in Cook Co. God only knows why.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

They are illegal in Crook Co because they turn any firearm into the "most powerful gun in the world"...

I have Crimson Trace grips on all my handguns - and I ain't tak'n 'em off!

I don't know why on earth it's illegal...it would improve accuracy and reduce misses. I'd put it on...and don't go waving it around to people. I do not ever remember a "sting" operation at a range to check peoples lasers. I think you would be ok...BUT I"M NOT A LAWYER!!

You might have a bigger problem if you live in Chicago and must present the gun in person for registration.

Archived