IGOLD 2018 Date?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 NukemJim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:22 AM

Having to put in for vacation time at work soon. Has the date for IGOLD 2018 been set yet?

Thank you

NukemJim

#2 mikew

• Members
  • 4,151 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:16 AM

March 21, 2018.

It's a Wednesday.

Mike.

#3 JTHunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:25 PM

Thanks Mike.  I was wondering the same thing myself.

Can you tell me why they switched back to March from April like this year?

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

#4 mikew

• Members
  • 4,151 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:41 AM

It's complicated and based on session calendar and the like.

Moire important is that people get down there and show:

1. support for their pro-gun legislators out on a limb

2. the resolve to show up and be counted.

And it shouldn't take a crisis or the need for CCW,

but there's human nature to consider..

It looks like stormy legislation ahead, we need to get down there.

#5 ilphil

Ornery Skeptic

• Members
  • 2,827 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:52 PM

What is the date for the 2018 Primary Elections?

#6 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,649 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:47 PM

What is the date for the 2018 Primary Elections?

March 20, 2018

Edited by InterestedBystander, 08 October 2017 - 07:48 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
🇺🇸 "Remember in November" 🗳️

#7 RacerDave6

• 3,388 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:05 PM

I heard that the date has changed to sometime in April. Truth or rumor?
Firearms are not a talisman against evil. When used properly, they are an antidote to evil. T.Dunn

"Shoot the bad guy and keep shooting him until he stops doing whatever it
was that got him shot in the first place."

Match Director-IDPA at ASC
United States Riflemans Asscn instructor
NRA Certified instructor
NRA & ISRA member
Illinois Firearm Concealed Carry License instructor

#8 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 15,113 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:40 PM

Considering the spring schedule has the GA in recess almost the whole month of March, I would think they will have to change the date.
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#9 RacerDave6

• 3,388 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:57 AM

April 25, 2018 is the new date being reported by the ISRA.
Firearms are not a talisman against evil. When used properly, they are an antidote to evil. T.Dunn

"Shoot the bad guy and keep shooting him until he stops doing whatever it
was that got him shot in the first place."

Match Director-IDPA at ASC
United States Riflemans Asscn instructor
NRA Certified instructor
NRA & ISRA member
Illinois Firearm Concealed Carry License instructor

#10 Ralffers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:43 PM

I'm making it a point to get more involved politically involved & active – this certainly includes this year's IGOLD being mandatory.  This will be my first time attending.  

How do you all get down there?  Drive alone, carpool or do we rent buses?

#11 InterestedBystander

• 4,649 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 06:09 AM

I'm making it a point to get more involved politically involved & active – this certainly includes this year's IGOLD being mandatory.  This will be my first time attending.  

How do you all get down there?  Drive alone, carpool or do we rent buses?

All are options but there are no official bus rentals this year.

http://illinoiscarry...25#entry1130053

Do you know if there are any buses running?

No busses unless a local group is doing one near you.
I'd suggest Amtrak if your near a station, otherwise there are usually a few folks here that have room to carpool.

ISRA IGOLD page
http://www.isra.org/...ents/iGOLD.aspx
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter

#12 Illinois Sucks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 06:44 AM

Can someone describe the event?  What do you actually do there?  Stand in a big group outside the capitol building for a group picture?  How long are you there for?  Any speakers?  Do you get to meet your representatives?  I would like to attend so having an idea of what goes on there would really help me.

Thanks!

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government... The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair."     Alexander Hamilton

#13 AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

Firearm Instructor and Gun Rights Activist

• Members
  • 8,216 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:07 AM

Can someone describe the event?  What do you actually do there?  Stand in a big group outside the capitol building for a group picture?  How long are you there for?  Any speakers?  Do you get to meet your representatives?  I would like to attend so having an idea of what goes on there would really help me.

Thanks!

We meet up, we march to the capital building, we show the strength in our numbers. Once at the capital building we seek out our elected officials and POLITELY engage. 

The biggest thing is the show of numbers in my humble opinion. 

-Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
www.alphakoncepts.com  www.gunrights4illinois.com  @AlphaKoncepts

#14 3ddiver

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:52 AM

Thanks!

We meet up, we march to the capital building, we show the strength in our numbers. Once at the capital building we seek out our elected officials and POLITELY engage. 

Yes this. Some reps and senators will meet with you and some will not. Usually the pro gun ones will be more open to meeting with you if they are not busy. I now that mine are happy to meet with us as long s they are not busy with other commitments. I have also met with several other reps that were very friendly and eager to listen. 

#15 Illinois Sucks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:47 PM

Thanks!

Yes this. Some reps and senators will meet with you and some will not. Usually the pro gun ones will be more open to meeting with you if they are not busy. I now that mine are happy to meet with us as long s they are not busy with other commitments. I have also met with several other reps that were very friendly and eager to listen. 

How do they meet with you?  Never been to Springfield but even if all the people that show are evenly distributed between the general assembly, there will be 50+ people per office.

What time do you usually meet up?  How long do you stay?  It is a 6 hour round trip for me.  Trying to see how that could work out with my wife and 2 year old son.  I would really like to participate.

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government... The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair."     Alexander Hamilton

#16 soundguy

• 5,105 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:35 PM

How do they meet with you?  Never been to Springfield but even if all the people that show are evenly distributed between the general assembly, there will be 50+ people per office.

What time do you usually meet up?  How long do you stay?  It is a 6 hour round trip for me.  Trying to see how that could work out with my wife and 2 year old son.  I would really like to participate.

You will meet your two elected officials by going to their offices. You will probably pick up some printed info from IGOLD to leave with them. Often, it's just a quick visit to the office to say hi, unless you actually know them. Chicago Dems likely will not see unscheduled visitors that day.

It's quite thrilling to see such activity on the capitol grounds!

Life is a cooperative venture... That's what makes it work.

#17 Xwing

• Members
  • 8,836 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:19 PM

It's a real blast!  Many people meet personally with their reps, many do not.  But everyone drops off a quick note to their representative and their senator to show they're there.  (The notes are pre-formatted at IGOLD and you just fill out your name & info.)  It's really nice to see the large stack of notes on each Senator and Representatives' desks.  It counts for a lot when they see how many people take a day off work and travel, and it's really an influence multiplier for our cause.

BTW, bring your son (but bring a stroller)!  Several people bring their children of any age.  I plan to bring my 3-year old daughter this year. :)  There are a few "must do" activities in the day, but also some "free time" where you can check out the capital with your family, etc... 

NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
CCW - 50 State Firearm Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Gun Range Tools & Logs: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#18 cherryriver

Actual Member

• Members
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:13 PM

(I am always chiming in with this:)

If you are anywhere in the Chicago-St. Louis corridor, Amtrak is always a good option.

The fares are cheap- I pay about $30 round trip from Joliet station- and the service is getting pretty reliable.

From the north of Springfield, the train timing is near-perfect, arriving 10:15am and departing about 5pm with a later 7:30ish one.

From St. Louis, it's a little less favorable but it's workable.

The event begins with gathering at the Convention Center, about five blocks from the Amtrak station.  There is an assembly and speakers, and then the march gathers up.  This is about 1.5 miles (guessing here!) and ends at the front steps of the Capitol Building with another set of speakers.  Then the group enters the buildings and goes about meeting up with reps and senators.  There is another final assembly in the rotunda near the end, about 3pm-ish.

It's important we put up a good show with numbers.  It's numbers that count to the politicos.

Just being there is enough.

Winter may change to summer, but the silly season goes on and on...

#19 Raw Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:14 PM

If anyone wants to car pool from the city, I can potentially make room for up to 3 people.

#20 spaceman spiff

• PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:13 PM

I've never been to IGOLD, but this year I must go. I see that the date for IGOLD has been moved back a few times and is now set for April 25th. At this point is another reschedule likely? I ask because I am looking to book a hotel in advance.

NRA Life Member

ISRA Member

GOA Member

Aspiring Law Enforcement, Looking Forward to Taking the Oath to Uphold and Defend

#21 spanishjames

• Members
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:44 PM

Amtrak is one of the best ways to get there. You can catch it at Union Station downtown Chicago.

To disarm is to consent to slavery.

#22 Xwing

• Members
  • 8,836 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:14 AM

I've never been to IGOLD, but this year I must go. I see that the date for IGOLD has been moved back a few times and is now set for April 25th. At this point is another reschedule likely? I ask because I am looking to book a hotel in advance.

I believe it will not change at this late point in the process.  But we are always at the mercy of the legislative schedule.  If the legislature decides to take that week off, we'd have to change the date.  I'd give it about a 95%+ chance of staying on 4/25, but it wouldn't hurt to make a refundable reservation just in case. :)

NRA Lifetime Member

#23 vern

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:36 PM

It should have been today or the last bad Wednesday

#24 vern

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:37 PM

Is April 25th going to be too late?

#25 Scipio24

• PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 08:35 PM

Ok, so a few questions.  I'm planning on going this year (never been before).  You just show up?  Or do I need to register and/or sign up anywhere?  I suppose we can't carry there either...if going in the capital and such, correct?  Thanks in advance.

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem"

Translation: "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."

Letter from Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, January 30, 1787

#26 Glock23

I am no one.

• 3,922 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 08:51 PM

Thinking of going this year, depending on what's going on at work. How is parking in Springfield? Only been there once to take a state level test, and I was able to park at the building I was going to.

** Illinois Carry - Supporting Member

** National Association for Gun Rights - Frontline Defender

** Illinois State Rifle Association - 3 year Member

** National Rifle Association - Patron Life Member

#27 spanishjames

• Members
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:54 PM

Ok, so a few questions.  I'm planning on going this year (never been before).  You just show up?  Or do I need to register and/or sign up anywhere?  I suppose we can't carry there either...if going in the capital and such, correct?  Thanks in advance.

There's a convention center downtown where we meet at in the morning. There you'll get an information packet with preprinted cards to deliver to your representatives. You can also buy hats and tshirts, and meet ISRA, Illinois Carry reps. There is a rally there, and then we march to the Capitol.

We go through security so absolutely no carry or any types of weapons can be taken in. Drop the cards off at your reps' offices, and meet at the rotunda at about 3pm for a final get together, and go home.

To disarm is to consent to slavery.

#28 Xwing

• Members
  • 8,836 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:25 AM

Thinking of going this year, depending on what's going on at work. How is parking in Springfield? Only been there once to take a state level test, and I was able to park at the building I was going to.

Parking is decent.  There is one parking garage next door, plus a medium amount of street parking and a few more garages / parking lots within several blocks.  You will certainly be able to find parking; but if you get there later, you may have to walk a couple of blocks.

NRA Lifetime Member

#29 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 12,907 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:36 AM

http://illinoiscarry...+igold +newbies

This thread is old but has a ton of good information.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#30 InterestedBystander

• 4,649 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 03:42 PM

A month out so thought worthy of a bumping in case some reading are not aware or plan to go but have been putting off details.

http://www.isra.org/...ents/iGOLD.aspx

IGOLD%202018%20EVENT-SPRINGFIELD%20CENTE

Edited by InterestedBystander, 24 March 2018 - 03:47 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users