One More Casualty of ISP FOID - Having to Return An SBR Stamp

Elmer Fudd

I thought I would share an interesting aside as one more consequence of my experience with ISP and the FOID Revocation. Last July I filed a Form 1 with BATFE to convert an FNH SCAR 16 to a 10.5" barreled SBR. [i had the FFL 03 personally and an FFL 07 SOT for the business] so all of the requirements were met under NFA. After waiting around for 9.5 months the Form 1 was approved which would have permitted me to assemble the SBR. Due to the FOID still being in limbo I was forced to return the unused NFA SBR stamp to BATFE. So if I want to complete the project I have to start all over and file a new Form 1 and wait another year. Well the Treasury was kind enough to send me a refund check for the $200 that I sent in when I filed the original Form 1 SBR application. I am truly glad that this is almost over but, I never thought it would manage to screw up so much effort. However, it ought be encouragement to all of you that yes it IS possible to get an SBR approved in Illinois, Cook County even.

JSZ NFA 6 7 14.pdf

I was FFL 07 SOT....my SBR was going to have an SDN can on the end of it.......which you CAN't do with an 03 C&R. But thee is always next year....my point of frustration being how many people do you know that actually got a legal NFA stamp in their hands in Illinois?

I never knew what it actually was until you posted the picture. It's just a "piece of paper", yet it'll keep you out of federal prison.

It's just a "piece of paper", yet it'll keep you out of federal prison.

In much of America, it is just a $200 piece of paper that allows you to have all lot more fun. 9 years and counting (unless my wife decides that getting our youngest through high school is enough in one place).

To me it is also one more screaming example of the consequence inflicted upon me by a draconian process and an inept ISP.

"Inept" implies that the injury took place though ignorance and with no ill intent. You do them a service they do not deserve.

After years of {D}a powers dat be (DBA Da Machine) spending millions of our own tax dollars to continue their infringement of our rights, using legislative tricks and political extortion to continue our oppression and appointing people with similar "by any means necessary" attitudes into positions of authority I have little belief that any portion of it was by accident.

To me it is also one more screaming example of the consequence inflicted upon me by a draconian process and an inept ISP.

"Inept" implies that the injury took place though ignorance and with no ill intent. You do them a service they do not deserve.

After years of {D}a powers dat be (DBA Da Machine) spending millions of our own tax dollars to continue their infringement of our rights, using legislative tricks and political extortion to continue our oppression and appointing people with similar "by any means necessary" attitudes into positions of authority I have little belief that any portion of it was by accident.

You raise an interesting point...I have done my best NOT to assume that malice and requisite scienter was present....during the past eight months if I was thinking that way I would have had a very difficult time containing my anger.....we shall see how the story progresses.....your insight is appreciated.

I have done my best NOT to assume that malice and requisite scienter was present....during the past eight months if I was thinking that way I would have had a very difficult time containing my anger.....we shall see how the story progresses.....your insight is appreciated.

And I appreciate your taking the higher ground - if only to keep from proving their allegations. :drool:

Archived