Renewal Instructors/Courses in the Chicago Metro Area

mrmagloo

With the flurry of of registrations coming up for renewals starting in February, I would have thought that we'd have a healthy listing of courses in the area in this section. So far, I've pulled to out of this section the following:

Thiokol - Lockport

AKA - Naperville

J28791 - Palos Hills

Drillgun - Zion

Craigcelia - Morris/Elburn

Compared to the scores of listings 5 years ago, this seems to be glaringly incomplete. Seems the SW portion of the Metro area is pretty well covered. However, nothing in the City or NW.

You instructors out there, let's start getting your details shared.

Thanks.

With the flurry of of registrations coming up for renewals starting in February, I would have thought that we'd have a healthy listing of courses in the area in this section. So far, I've pulled to out of this section the following:

Thiokol - Lockport

AKA - Naperville

J28791 - Palos Hills

Drillgun - Zion

Compared to the scores of listings 5 years ago, this seems to be glaringly incomplete. Seems the SW portion of the Metro area is pretty well covered. However, nothing in the City or NW.

Thanks.

I guess it's not on people's minds yet. I imagine that Jan / Feb will be busy for all the ranges, as people are more likely to think about it last-minute. Might as well get it done in the fall and be before the rush. :)

Great idea on creating a listing thread as IllinoisCarry members consider renewal. I'd certainly rather give my business to a fellow forum member.

Another forum instructor is:

KAP Guns (Kenny) - Loves Park, IL -- https://kapguns.com

I just tried to edit the first post so that I could add OrlandInstructor but I guess the editing is blocked. I was hoping to organize these by region, and keep adding all the instructors who replied, but I guess I'll send a note to the admin and see what they suggest. Thx!

They'll suggest you pay the annual $25 fee to be a Supporting Member, which also allows you to edit your posts. ;)

Thiokol - Lockport

AKA - Naperville

J28791 - Palos Hills

Drillgun - Zion

Thanks.

I guess it's not on people's minds yet. I imagine that Jan / Feb will be busy for all the ranges, as people are more likely to think about it last-minute. Might as well get it done in the fall and be before the rush. :)

Great idea on creating a listing thread as IllinoisCarry members consider renewal. I'd certainly rather give my business to a fellow forum member.

Another forum instructor is:

KAP Guns (Kenny) - Loves Park, IL -- https://kapguns.com

Kenny is added to the list.

Just talked with Mrmagloo. He is allowing me to jump on the idea to formulate a list. On this list I am including all IC CARRY Members who are instructors in the state (even for you southern folk :o ) so keep them coming here or send me a PM with website and where you are teaching please.

Thanks Mrmagloo :)

Just talked with Mrmagloo. He is allowing me to jump on the idea to formulate a list. On this list I am including all IC CARRY Members who are instructors in the state (even for you southern folk :o ) so keep them coming here or send me a PM with website and where you are teaching please.

Great idea! Do you have a link to the list? Might be a good idea for a "Pinned" topic in Training.

Great idea! Do you have a link to the list? Might be a good idea for a "Pinned" topic in Training.

How do we get a pinned post? I guess I could just post it in a separate post and an admin will have to pin it....Yes? Or, I could host in a google document and make it public....Need admin confirmation - how should we work this?

I've read one cannot renew until the "renew" appears at the ISP website. Is there a time frame when one can complete the renewal class as related to license expiration / or being able to renew on the ISP site? Or can you take the renewal class anytime and renew with the ISP when you can?
You can take the class anytime. Supposedly 5 months prior to your expiration date, your renew button will be active (but that is unconfirmed).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've read one cannot renew until the "renew" appears at the ISP website. Is there a time frame when one can complete the renewal class as related to license expiration / or being able to renew on the ISP site? Or can you take the renewal class anytime and renew with the ISP when you can?

You can take the class anytime. Supposedly 5 months prior to your expiration date, your renew button will be active (but that is unconfirmed).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Thanks again for running with this Craig. This is going to be a great help to all of the members, and no doubt a real considerate undertaking in getting the word out for the fellow instructors as well. Very thoughtful of you! Thanks!!

Well thank you, but really you initiated this whole thing. Great job and thank you for letting me run with it.

• 1 month later...

Dynamic Response, llc (https://m.facebook.com/TheDynamicResponse/) ig dynamic_response

We do IL Conceal Carry( FL, Utah) , Renewals , advanced pistol and rifle classes, quick draw, long range shooting , private hourly lessons, home security evaluation and planning etc...

We can come to you any where in the Lower 48 and also have private outdoor Range near Frankfort, IL

Our goal is to make every student better then the instructor we hold nothing back, we believe in small class sizes and a lot of one on one time. We specialize in Biomechanics and efficient movement to make you a better protector and marksman.

Archived