New IL House Bill to BAN carry in Places of Worship

RebeccaRich

Keep it up. Make your points known. Be respectful. Use examples of shootings in houses of worship in the past

http://i.imgur.com/Qtq2G5W.jpg

Because our country was founded on the principal the government has a place telling churches how, where and under what conditions they should conduct their worship... (Did that need to be purple or is the sarcasm plain enough?)

Keep it up. Make your points known. Be respectful. Use examples of shootings in houses of worship in the past

http://i.imgur.com/Qtq2G5W.jpg

So he doesn't have any support for his bill, and is grasping at straws for "the other side" rather than realizing that his bill is a terrible idea?

Sounds like a typical IL politician.

If an individual church doesn't want someone carrying, they can post a sign. It's really easy stuff, Mr. Kalish should be able to understand this.

This makes perfect sense to me. They can't outright ban carry so they'll just keep making more and more places into GFZs until the only place left to carry is your home (if it's a single family dwelling). Next they'll introduce a bill making all businesses gun free so the children will feel safe when they tag along with mommy and daddy on a shopping trip.

Shouldn't the individual church leadership have the right to set their own guidelines?

Seems like gubmint sitting on the edge of the church's bed.

You'd think so - that's what the "No Firearms Allowed" signs are for!

A business is free to post the sign - but a church falls under nanny government control?

Didn't Mary Shepard file a lawsuit against the state of Illinois specifically about being able to carry in a church?!?

I mean, legally, can the state even pass this since it was her lawsuit that helped usher in concealed carry?

This is why everyone needs to be calling and emailing this guys office and reminding him that we have CCL and it all started with a maniac attacking someone in a house of worship. I'm so sick of all these newbie politicians trying to come up with new ways to kiss Madigan's ***.

Shouldn't the individual church leadership have the right to set their own guidelines?

Seems like gubmint sitting on the edge of the church's bed.

Illinois wants to be a cradle to grave nanny state where every decision is made by the state. this is what the majority of idiots voted for.

Sad but true. Many of us knew that a democrat triple majority would unleash a torrent of bills, most of which are bad and make no sense at all. Unfortunately, the "bought & paid for " voters in this state (the majority of which are in the "Shicago" area) do what they are told. Then there are the "brain-dead" libs in such places as various universities, these misled, "indoctrinated" youngsters that have not yet lived long enough to appreciate the lives and freedoms afforded them by this country.

Archived