ISP warns Pfleger over expressway protest

InterestedBystander

So, civil disobedience is acceptable when it's for a cause you believe in, one that can save lives?

A Constitutional right that is under attack, such as the 2nd Amendment, would qualify for civil disobedience of unjust laws. Correct?

Set the precedent, law-bending Fr. Pfleger, but what's good for one is good for all.

Founding fathers practiced civil disobedience over unjust taxes.

Just need to find what the king of Chicago cares about and throw that in the lake.

So, civil disobedience is acceptable when it's for a cause you believe in, one that can save lives?

A Constitutional right that is under attack, such as the 2nd Amendment, would qualify for civil disobedience of unjust laws. Correct?

Set the precedent, law-bending Fr. Pfleger, but what's good for one is good for all.

Just need to find what the king of Chicago cares about and throw that in the lake.

The king of Chicago cares about his next election. That's about it. I'd love to see him lose that election, but it's not likely. Chicago mayors are like popes, they're in there for life.

Plus, democrat voters keep their voting privileges even after death.

The king of Chicago cares about his next election.

Yes. He doesn't care about law and order except in so far as it might impact him getting reelected.

Since there is no public outrage over Pfleger's overt lawlessness and Chicago's complicity in it - the mayor doesn't enforce the laws. Enforcing laws in this case would cause outrage among African Americans and they would level the charge of racist against the mayor, ruining his chance of being re-elected.

This is a prime example of how self-serving politicians damage society by forgoing the greater good to instead do what is political advantageous for them. It is similar to the revolving door justice system of Cook County. It is politically advantageous for Kim Foxx to convince her constituents that she is meting out social justice, but anyone with any objectivity sees that, not only is she subverting the law, but she's doing it in an arbitrary manner.

This causes people to lose faith in the ability of government to maintain an orderly and civil society. These politicians who rule sanctuary cities, these politicians who violate laws or refuse to enforce laws that they disagree with, destroy their own legitimacy. They destroy the legitimacy of government. When there is no absolute truth, when there is no consensus about ground rules, when there is no social contract - it gives rise to tribalism.

When people lose faith in government to enforce laws, they begin to feel justified in taking the law into their own hands.

It is a very bad situation that ignorant self-serving politicians like Rahm Emanual are complicit in creating.

I believe in civil disobedience but not when it inconveniences several thousand people who had nothing to do with the problem you are protesting. The true cause of gun violence really is a bad parenting issue. 70 percent of Black Males don't have a Father figure. Father Pfleger should teach parenting skills, family values, hard work, discipline, education and vocational trades etc. Blaming gun laws is just ridiculous. Stop making excuses for bad behavior! How many of the people that did drive by shootings over the weekend care what the laws are? There is a moral problem in the city of Chicago and Father Pfleger has failed to fix it.

I believe we shall have a very photogenic event in the making.

Todd Vandermyde posted this on facebook:

My friends in state government say workers are busy putting new State Police decals on IDOT trucks and putting the plows back on them. . .

If I wasn't going to be previously engaged at Millennium Park, I would be getting the popcorn ready.

My friends in state government say workers are busy putting new State Police decals on IDOT trucks and putting the plows back on them. . .

If I wasn't going to be previously engaged at Millennium Park, I would be getting the popcorn ready.

It's smart for them to gear up for something more extreme than what they will probably require, because that way they're prepared for the worst.

Indeed, it would also be fun to watch, but, like a train wreck, it's probably better not to get in the way just to see the sights.

On a related note, would anyone here be capable of giving free/low-cost helicopter rides this Saturday...?

It's smart for them to gear up for something more extreme than what they will probably require, because that way they're prepared for the worst.

Indeed, it would also be fun to watch, but, like a train wreck, it's probably better not to get in the way just to see the sights.

On a related note, would anyone here be capable of giving free/low-cost helicopter rides this Saturday...?

The local tv stations will probably fall all over themselves to cover it live - I'm going to be setting my DVR's

to record blindly for a few hours Saturday.

My only dilemma: WHICH station(s)?

One thing [Rie'Onna] Holmon believes could help reduce the violence is stricter gun laws, not just in Chicago and Illinois but in neighboring states as well.

"They say that Chicago has the strictest guns laws ... but even if I do live in Chicago I can take a couple of minute drive to Indiana and purchase a gun legally," she said.

So blocking traffic in Chicago will make Indiana pass strict gun control laws? There's got to be a reason why no one thought of that before.

Also, unless you're buying a rifle or shotgun, a Chicago resident cannot buy a gun legally in Indiana.

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., December 12, 2018 at 04:20 PM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., December 12, 2018 at 04:20 PM - No reason given

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/07/john-boch/fr-pflegers-reckless-anti-gun-protest-to-shut-down-chicago-expressway-saturday/

Father Michael Pfleger loves the spotlight. The Windy City anti-gun priest has earned his reputation for hot air and left-wing social justice work. Along those lines, he plans a Saturday morning protest to disrupt Chicago-area holiday weekend commuters by shutting down the Dan Ryan Expressway (I-90/I-94).

Alienating apolitical motorists will never win them over to your cause. But don’t tell the attention-seeking “priest” that. In the words of Napoleon, “Never interfere with your enemy when he is making a mistake.”

The leftist activist priest claims to support peace but sometimes encourages violence. Especially when it comes to law-abiding gun owners. However in Illinois, good guy gun owners have frequently pushed back, blunting the effectiveness of Pfleger’s camera-ready antics.........

That would take care of the gang problem ... and Phleger :devil:

Rahm Emmanuel is kneeling at the feet of Father Flakey. We now KNOW who runs the city.

I guess there's just too many peeples for the 9.5 fingered tiny dancer running for reelection to risk offending by expecting them to obey the law.

The libune reports that Rahm Emmanuel has said that he supports the event.

“They should be allowed (on the Dan Ryan), yes, because they’re going to be talking about anti-violence,” Emanuel said Friday at a school budget event. “And I think there’s a proper way to raise that awareness. I don’t think there should ever have been a doubt about that effort.”

So NOW you darn well KNOW that good ole Kimmy Foxx ain't gonna charge nobody that "dint du nothing"...

(that's not what I typed, the board autocorrected me..)

The South side of chitcago is up for grabs.

Rahm Emmanuel is kneeling at the feet of Father Flakey. We now KNOW who runs the city.

I guess there's just too many peeples for the 9.5 fingered tiny dancer running for reelection to risk offending by expecting them to obey the law.

The libune reports that Rahm Emmanuel has said that he supports the event.

“They should be allowed (on the Dan Ryan), yes, because they’re going to be talking about anti-violence,” Emanuel said Friday at a school budget event. “And I think there’s a proper way to raise that awareness. I don’t think there should ever have been a doubt about that effort.”

So NOW you darn well KNOW that good ole Kimmy Foxx ain't gonna charge nobody that "dint du nothing"...

(that's not what I typed, the board autocorrected me..)

The South side of chitcago is up for grabs.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/mayor-rahm-emanuel-says-let-father-pflegers-marchers-onto-the-dan-ryan/

I hope no one gets hurt (with Henry Hale walking around playing with guns and such), but I sincerely hope this causes a nightmare for commuters. No better way to get more people p***** off and wanting to put an end to this garabage

Well, if Rahm truly believes that "They should be allowed, yes, because they're going to be talking about anti-violence" ..... THEN

Peaceful 2A Supporters should be allowed to shut down lots of things around town too.

May this be Rahm's equivalent of 1979 Blizzard!

Just heard on WBEZ/NPR some quite neutral coverage of the Right to Guns rally which followed the equally neutral coverage of the Pfleger March. It included a sound bite from the organizer and was in the top of the hour news block.

I’m previously booked... be safe and happy if you are attending the gun rally. Beautiful day for it!

But Father Pfleger has his critics in the clergy, too. Pastor Anthony Williams of the First Congregation Church was incredulous and inflammatory

"He can't continue to play Tarzan in the black community,” he said.

Williams said he’s planning a large counter-protest to denounce Pfleger as a showman.

"Nobody benefits. The only person who benefits is Pfleger. This is his dog and pony show,” he said. “He's not serious about helping to solve the system of violence.”

https://wgntv.com/2018/07/06/mayor-top-cop-throw-support-behind-pflegers-planned-protest-on-dan-ryan/

I love it. My new name for Snuffy is Tarzan.

Well, if Rahm truly believes that "They should be allowed, yes, because they're going to be talking about anti-violence" ..... THEN

Peaceful 2A Supporters should be allowed to shut down lots of things around town too.

May this be Rahm's equivalent of 1979 Blizzard!

So let's try to pull a permit for a Pro 2nd Anti-Gang Violence March down Michigan Ave. When they don't issue our Anti-violence March permit, remind him of his stance on marching.

I can’t watch anymore of it. Hearing these buffoons spout gun control catch phrases just pisses me off.

It does seem though the the ISP is doing a good job containing them. And with BLM there, I’m guessing uncle George Soros picked up the tab on the bus rides for everyone.

Ah what the heck, back to the tv. Maybe we’ll get lucky and they’ll rush the other two lanes and the cuffs will start coming out

Archived