Photo

New Sig Sauer SAS

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 spanishjames

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:49 AM

[quote name="djmarkla" post="1233928" timestamp="1570722394"][quote name="spanishjames" post="1233823" timestamp="1570637389"][quote name="drumgod" post="1233803" timestamp="1570629768"][quote name="Bitter Clinger" post="1231438" timestamp="1568719827"]
How do those sights work?  With only rear sights which are flush mounted into the slide, how do you line up on the target?[/quote]

I believe it is the same as these sights that have been around for quite a while:
 https://www.meprolig...ro-ft-bullseye/

So, basically a fiber-optic ring and dot that are only glow bright when both are correctly aligned.[/quote]
Yup, same thing, except the Springfield has the sight built into the slide, so it doesn't stick out.[/quote]
I think you meant to say the Sig has it built in to the slide[/quote]
Correct, thank you.

To disarm is to consent to slavery.

#32 Raw Power

• 1,453 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 11:03 AM

Handled one last week. It's on my short list.

I have more Sig's then fingers and toes can count, not only but favorite, as soon as they have one with a hammer I'll buy it.   

We all have our preferences... 

Oh no no no safety, if you don't want it to fire, don't pull the trigger. 

It's a striker-fired design. I don't imagine that they will ever develop one with a hammer. I would love a DA/SA gun that has a trigger like the P365 in single action, but I don't know if it's possible.

I've been looking at a CX rami BD for appendix carry, but it's definitely a much larger pistol than the P365.

#33 SiliconSorcerer

• Members
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 11:24 AM

Handled one last week. It's on my short list.

I have more Sig's then fingers and toes can count, not only but favorite, as soon as they have one with a hammer I'll buy it.   

We all have our preferences... 

Oh no no no safety, if you don't want it to fire, don't pull the trigger. 

It's a striker-fired design. I don't imagine that they will ever develop one with a hammer. I would love a DA/SA gun that has a trigger like the P365 in single action, but I don't know if it's possible.

I've been looking at a CX rami BD for appendix carry, but it's definitely a much larger pistol than the P365.

I don't know a P229 compact with that magazine design would make a difference, actually a P225 compact with that magazine/capacity/thin frame. 

You give peace a chance; I'll cover you if it doesn't work out.

NRA Benefactor Member

Gun Owners of America

Remington Society of America Life Member

Ruger Collectors Association Life Member

Texas Gun Collector Honorary Member

Colt Collectors Association Honorary Member

Ruger Society Honorary Member

etc etc etc

#34 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• 3,175 posts