Cherryvale Mall 100 doors, 2-3 signs..

Retiredguns

Irks me that this giant mall has a sign or 2 while most of the doors are not posted. I realize better safe than sorry, but they aren't in compliance. I always enter through the lower level of Sears and it's not posted. How is a person supposed to know unless he picks the right door. Those Barny Fife mall cops may not let you off with a friendly "please leave". I don't want to press my luck, but I bet you could get out of misdemeanor with a decent attorney.

Irks me that this giant mall has a sign or 2 while most of the doors are not posted. I realize better safe than sorry, but they aren't in compliance. I always enter through the lower level of Sears and it's not posted. How is a person supposed to know unless he picks the right door. Those Barny Fife mall cops may not let you off with a friendly "please leave". I don't want to press my luck, but I bet you could get out of misdemeanor with a decent attorney.

Are any of the business in the mall posted that you noticed?

Outside of the bookstore, there's not a thing in there I'm interested in anyway.

Are there any signs posted inside the mall or at the entrances to the mall when leaving the stores?

I only saw signs on a few of the mall entrances that lead to the rows/corridors of shops. On the reverse of the sign it says something to the effect of thank you for shopping with us. The big entrances for department stores (bergners, sears) arent posted. I also didnt see any inside the mall, and none walking from inside the mall into other department stores.

There is a website that got a lot of traffic after that article appeared. Just some old geezer seems to be the only one posting on the forum there now.

It is interesting in the article that the Cherry Valley police chief says "I don't know of any police officer that is in favor of more guns on the street" "When they start taking their guns out of their home and walking around with them strapped to their hiip, bad things can happen. Well I can think of a couple in law enforcement advocating that the police chief of Detroit, and the sheriff of Milwaukee County. And of course the Illinois Sheriffs Association came out overwhelmingly for carry legislation. I don't expect the police chief of Cherry Valleys opinion has changed yet.

There is a website that got a lot of traffic after that article appeared. Just some old geezer seems to be the only one posting on the forum there now.

It is interesting in the article that the Cherry Valley police chief says "I don't know of any police officer that is in favor of more guns on the street" "When they start taking their guns out of their home and walking around with them strapped to their hiip, bad things can happen. Well I can think of a couple in law enforcement advocating that the police chief of Detroit, and the sheriff of Milwaukee County. And of course the Illinois Sheriffs Association came out overwhelmingly for carry legislation. I don't expect the police chief of Cherry Valleys opinion has changed yet.

Cherry Valley has an interim Police Chief. He's the guy who told me I shouldn't even carry on a pass-through bike path just to be safe. In other words, didn't want to find out or know the facts.

Went to Springhill the other day. Had my cane and used the handicap door (the far right door). My wife told me after I was in the mall that there was a sign at the bottom of the far left door. That was the only sign at that entrance. I said too bad. If they want to prevent a handicapped person from carrying they need to post the handicap door. I checked the handicapped door and that's all that matters to me.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Archived