Photo

REAL ID and full middle name.

Best Answer Lou , 12 November 2019 - 11:46 AM

I got my DL upgraded to a Real ID a few months back. 

I provided my passport as an ID which has my full middle name. My DL, FOID and CCL all have just a middle initial.  

They had to update my DL with my full middle name so it matches by passport but my FOID and CCL still just show my middle initial.

i’ve check the ISP website several times since and my FOID and CCL still appear as valid 

Bottom line, don’t worry about it.   

As an aside, if you intend to update to a Real ID go early in the day.  Not every clerk works on the Real ID and when they reach a certain point they stop accepting upgrades for that day.  

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 InterestedBystander

• Supporting Members Team
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:11 PM

Do they make copies of your documents or just look at them?  There is no way I'm giving any state worker my banking/financial information so they can copy it after I leave,

I've read they do make copies of documents.

..."Please note per federal law, the documents you bring in will be scanned."...

Edited by InterestedBystander, 14 November 2019 - 01:17 PM.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#32 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 13,773 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:11 PM

Do they make copies of your documents or just look at them?  There is no way I'm giving any state worker my banking/financial information so they can copy it after I leave,

Yes they do.  The position that processes the Real ID has a scanner and they do scan your documents.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#33 InterestedBystander

• 6,897 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 01:14 PM

Has anyone renewed with just the standard DL (without the REAL ID designation) and purchased a firearm since? I've been wondering if this has been affecting purchases at an FFL/if I need to go upgrade my DL before I buy anything else.

REAL ID in IL is not effective until 10/2020. So far the only state I have read of requiring a REAL ID for firearm and ammunition purchases is CA. Hopefully IL will not go there.
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
FFL-IL Supporter
SAF Member
GOA Member
🇺🇸

#34 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 13,773 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:27 PM

For those interested in getting a Real ID from the SOS they are having a special day on Monday December 2nd at two of their offices which are not usually open on Mondays. They will be processing Real ID cards only. A friend went to the last one at the Lombard site and said it took him just over an hour.

Join us for a special event
providing service to
REAL ID Customers ONLY.

Woodstock Facility

Mon. Dec. 2 - 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
428 S. Eastwood Dr.
••••
Lombard Facility

Mon. Dec. 2 - 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
837 S. Westmore B27

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users