Current (2017) Instructor Questions

Wolverine Waffen

First, let me say this illinoiscarry.com is a fantastic place! I've been doing a lot of reading here, recognize some people, am impressed with the pro-active work before CC passed and since, and there are great people giving great answers.

On the other hand, can ISP make their rules, website, processes, etc. any worse?!? (Strike that; I don't want them to take that as a challenge!)

So, my first question: I submitted my Instructor application through the web portal. No where I saw did it say "print out this page," but when I read the pinned thread here titled "IL CC Instructor Short Guide," it says to mail in an "instructor application" with notarized signature page. I also find on the ISP FAQ page an answer which says the same thing. So, I log back onto the portal, thinking I could click back through the pages I submitted, find what I had missed, and print it. Nope! When I log in, all I can see is the Status screen which says my FOID is valid and my CCI is pending approval.

Is there a seperate form (other than the curriculum approval form which has a third page which also must be signed and notarized) which also must be completed as was posted back in 2013 or 2014 in the pinned (and archived) thread? If so, how do I find it?

First, let me say this illinoiscarry.com is a fantastic place! I've been doing a lot of reading here, recognize some people, am impressed with the pro-active work before CC passed and since, and there are great people giving great answers.

On the other hand, can ISP make their rules, website, processes, etc. any worse?!? (Strike that; I don't want them to take that as a challenge!)

So, my first question: I submitted my Instructor application through the web portal. No where I saw did it say "print out this page," but when I read the pinned thread here titled "IL CC Instructor Short Guide," it says to mail in an "instructor application" with notarized signature page. I also find on the ISP FAQ page an answer which says the same thing. So, I log back onto the portal, thinking I could click back through the pages I submitted, find what I had missed, and print it. Nope! When I log in, all I can see is the Status screen which says my FOID is valid and my CCI is pending approval.

Is there a seperate form (other than the curriculum approval form which has a third page which also must be signed and notarized) which also must be completed as was posted back in 2013 or 2014 in the pinned (and archived) thread? If so, how do I find it?

I suggest you send an email and ask the instructor department -

Instructor_Docs@isp.state.il.us

I suggest you send an email and ask the instructor department -

Instructor_Docs@isp.state.il.us

Ah, thank you, Molly!! An email address! :-)

I wish someone with a sense of logic was in charge of their website.

Archived