Bridgestone - Firestone posted. Need help.

2AFOREVER

I have been working to get the signs down at the Firestone retail stores for a few weeks now. (And yes they are the approved signs) I have come to a roadblock and need your help. The gentleman I have been working with in there customer retention dept. is a gun owner (doesn't care for carry but has a few hunting shotguns and rifles). It is there company policy in all 50 states to "prohibit guns in there stores". They ARE willing to change this policy. They just need to here this from there customers. He has specifically told me that they WILL listen to there customers and if enough customers bring it to there attention they will change the policy.

They are based here in Illinois. If you can take the time to write them a letter it can help us get this changed. Thank you.

Bridgestone Retail LLC

333 East Lake Street

Bloomingdale, IL 60108

Attn. Legal Dept.

Cool,

I will join this as I usually get my tires and oil changes for my beater car there.

I will simply make them come out to me in the parking lot next time I go there!

I have been working to get the signs down at the Firestone retail stores for a few weeks now. (And yes they are the approved signs) I have come to a roadblock and need your help. The gentleman I have been working with in there customer retention dept. is a gun owner (doesn't care for carry but has a few hunting shotguns and rifles). It is there company policy in all 50 states to "prohibit guns in there stores". They ARE willing to change this policy. They just need to here this from there customers. He has specifically told me that they WILL listen to there customers and if enough customers bring it to there attention they will change the policy.

They are based here in Illinois. If you can take the time to write them a letter it can help us get this changed. Thank you.

Bridgestone Retail LLC

333 East Lake Street

Bloomingdale, IL 60108

Attn. Legal Dept.

I will go by the firestone near my parents house, where I had done business long ago, and I will see if they are posted. If they are posted I will gladly help you out.

Having said that if they aren't posted I will go to the closer firestone and ask about tires since my truck will probably need tires this year anyways.

Shared on my facebook pages.

Count me in for a response. FYI to anyone who is like me I use http://www.postalmethods.com/ to send letters for about a dollar. Before I found this service writing a letter was too much of a hassle, the extra cost is totally worth it to me. Call me silly and lazy all you want, but it gets me involved, where I otherwise wouldn't be...I choose to believe it makes a difference, when a rep/sen/biz receives my physical letter and not a email or other virtual message.

Count me in for a response. FYI to anyone who is like me I use http://www.postalmethods.com/ to send letters for about a dollar. Before I found this service writing a letter was too much of a hassle, the extra cost is totally worth it to me. Call me silly and lazy all you want, but it gets me involved, where I otherwise wouldn't be...I choose to believe it makes a difference, when a rep/sen/biz receives my physical letter and not a email or other virtual message.

LOL when I had a personal assistant I would write letters like crazy, now stuffing an envelope and putting a stamp on it seems like a lot of work. Dropping a stack on her desk and saying, please mail this was easy. But I may be as cheap as I am lazy.

Will do. Do they have an email contact as well? Magi globos ingentes

http://www.bridgestone-firestone.com/contact/index.html

LOL when I had a personal assistant I would write letters like crazy, now stuffing an envelope and putting a stamp on it seems like a lot of work. Dropping a stack on her desk and saying, please mail this was easy. But I may be as cheap as I am lazy.

I have a co-worker that has hired a personal assistant in Bangladesh to work for him for about 15 hours a week doing proofreading, phone calls, sorting his email, etc...I learned about this service from him...

What I don't like especially about about auto repair places and the like posting it a GFZ, is if you have to pull in for unscheduled repairs,what do you do with your firearm?Leave it in the vehicle,while the mechanic has access to your vehicle and keys while at times it's possible you won't be able to keep an eye on it?

Thank you CGS for posting there email. I did notice a different address on there contact info than what I was given. I believe the address that I was given is where there legal dept. and main offices are located. The one in the contact info maybe a general address.

Let's hit 'em with a 1-2 punch and everyone write an email and a US Postal letter. I too noticed the addresses were different, but best I could do.

This is very timely. Just this last Friday, my wife's SUV needed new tires. We drove over to the local Firestone dealer to do the wrk, and i saw that it was posted. We turned around and went to the local NTB store which is not posted and bought all new tires. For what it is worth, this is a direct sale and customer that Firestone lost due to their policy.

This is very timely. Just this last Friday, my wife's SUV needed new tires. We drove over to the local Firestone dealer to do the wrk, and i saw that it was posted. We turned around and went to the local NTB store which is not posted and bought all new tires. For what it is worth, this is a direct sale and customer that Firestone lost due to their policy.

Send them a copy of the receipt with a letter that explains exactly that.

I am going to email and write also. A friend of mine works at a Firestone and today I took my car in for some service and noticed they had posted. I am torn between NGNM and taking business away from my bud.

That's kind of in the same boat as threatening to quit your job because your employer posted. It's not always that simple, and sometimes priorities go the other way. Spending money/Working for a anti-gun business does not mean you are anti-2A, I'm sure many would argue.

My job is posted. I haven't quit yet. Unarmed I could be harmed and killed. However, without a job I can't eat which also results in death.

For now I think I'll keep going there for unsheduled maintenance, as I want to keep sending $$$ my friend's way, but I'll continue to do the routine maintenance myself.

I'll contact them, they don't need to know I won't buy firestone or bridgestone tires.

OK Weed, you piqued my interest; would you explain why?

First I don't patronize a company or business where I've picketed even if it was 20 years ago.

Second most of the tires with tread separation that caused hundreds of accidents and around 50 deaths were produced by "I'll be politically correct" and call them replacement workers at that plant.

I'll contact them, they don't need to know I won't buy firestone or bridgestone tires.

OK Weed, you piqued my interest; would you explain why?

First I don't patronize a company or business where I've picketed even if it was 20 years ago.

Second most of the tires with tread separation that caused hundreds of accidents and around 50 deaths were produced by "I'll be politically correct" and call them replacement workers at that plant.

Disgruntled union guy. Got it.

I always laugh at the derogatory terms used to describe replacement workers... and how the union membership gets a pass in using those terms. Whereas talking that way in any other situation would be called out. So sad really.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Thanks.I'm aware of locked containers and such for vehicles,but what I was referencing in my case ,was at my work we have trucks I drive w/ no glovebox that locks,or glovebox at all or a console,that get taken in at unpredictable times for repair.I have a Dovergunner™ designed lockbox for my own vehicle,but I usually can't switch it to company vehicles for one reason or another.Haven't encountered a problem yet,but it's only been about a month or so.

Archived