Illinois General Assembly 1/3/2013

mauserme

done. What to me is sad is that there are 1.4 million (so I've read) foid card holders in Illinois, there are over 3,500 members of IC and only 183 witness slips were submitted yesterday. It's like yeah I want my rights but I don't want to get involved in it.

Due to the back door sneakiness of this deal I think a lot of folks didn't hear of it until late last night or early this morning. My pistol club just sent out an emergency message this morning.

I never heard of a witness slip in my life until a few minutes ago. Sorry for my ignorance about them.

I filed them just now. It was a piece of cake. .

done. What to me is sad is that there are 1.4 million (so I've read) foid card holders in Illinois, there are over 3,500 members of IC and only 183 witness slips were submitted yesterday. It's like yeah I want my rights but I don't want to get involved in it.

Due to the back door sneakiness of this deal I think a lot of folks didn't hear of it until late last night or early this morning. My pistol club just sent out an emergency message this morning.

I never heard of a witness slip in my life until a few minutes ago. Sorry for my ignorance about them.

I filed them just now. It was a piece of cake. .

I was the same way. I am still not totally sure of how much of a difference they make, but a couple more votes against these crazy regulations cant hurt anything especially for the 1 minute it takes to do.

183 is sad...people dont understand they are already on the "radar" with 4473 and FOID.....people need to get a clue NOW

Not very many people know about them, Maybe someone from ISRA should send it out in a e-mail. I shared it on my FB page and one of my friends did it and tagged probably 80 people. We need to get the word out on these.

The news media only mentions assault weapons ban, some mention the "high" capacity magazine. Nothing about shotguns or all the pistols which would be banned. At least they can report the whole truth. What the hey!!!.

Yeah, WCIA in Champaign called Cullerton's office and that's the line of crap that they were fed and then regurgitated. They told them "Oh, we're just trying to ban "Assault Weapons"! But what is an "Assault Weapon"? Not that anyone here wants to see any class of small arms banned, but it makes a much bigger difference to the public at large when they say they want the rest. Just wait to see what happens when the ISP sends all those notices to FOID holders.

My letter to Sen. Iris Martinez, in case anyone needs a template. (As an aside, it's feels just wrong having to beg someone not to take away my rights.)

Dear Senator Martinez,

I've been informed that Senate President Cullerton is attempting to pass two bills -- HB 1263 and HB 815 -- during the Senate's lame-duck session today, January 3, 2013.

As a safe and conscientious gun owner, I ask you to please oppose any legislation that further restricts the rights of law-abiding gun owners. The recent Supreme Court decisions (Heller and McDonald) have established that the Second Amendment is an individual right guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution. With crime in Chicago at an all time high, law-abiding citizens (those who have already undergone background checks as part of the FOID process) should be allowed to possess semi-automatic firearms for self-defense. Indeed, it is their constitutional right.

As such, I respectfully request that you oppose these two bills.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

------------------------------

Chicago, Illinois

Archived