RKA CCL Renewal (FSG)

Constable85

Took my CCL renewal class at RKA Gun Gallery in Plano. The classes are through Firearm Safety Group but I think it's all the same people. Demetrius was the instructor. It was a small-ish class of ten people which was good. Everyone seemed normal, no wacky weirdos dressed in camouflage ready for battle. We completed the qualification right at the start of class and I thought it was good to get that out of the way. The qualification is easy but I still think it's good to get it off your mind at the beginning of class so you can focus on the lecture. Demetrius was a very good instructor. A good amount of humor without going over board, well informed on the law, and he was also good at taking questions and comments from the class without getting distracted. He kept things moving and focused on the materials. I highly recommend it, I believe it was $65 total. They also offered to help people submit their CCL renewal application online for $40. That may be a good option for older or less computer friendly people but I did it myself when I got home and it's very easy to do if you're the least bit computer literate. All in all, a very good experience.

Archived