JB Pritzker Stance on Firearms

Molly B.

JayBee the Hutt is a bad person.

If the republicans nominate a ham sandwich, I'm voting republican.

I don't see any other choice, I however will complete my must have/buy before the election.

Hopefully suppliers will run IL specials.

New gov does not take office until 2nd Mon in Jan so you will have some buffer post election...although IF JB wins, there may be a high demand on some items in those 2 months.

We either eat a day old still in the warmer gas station hotdog (Rauner) or a week old piece of unrefrigerated salmon (JB)

I think J.B. is more like 2 week old gas station sushi.

JB is e-coli infected suishi. Poison.

Rauner is that day old still in the warmer gas station hotdog - meh taste, but the food is not poisoned.

This is how bad politics has gotten.

It is really sad that it’s been a long long looonnng time since I’ve voted FOR someone.

I always seem to be voting AGAINST someone.

Yes you will to hand them over IMHO

And Please stop using Liberal tactics "Bullied" Sheesh

How many residents of Deerfield handed in theirs? Park Ridge? Unincorporated Cook?

I'll stop using the word "bullying" when you guys stop slapping labels on me (another liberal tactic). Fair enough?

i am looking at it like This . Much you bring upon yourself . If Labeling is you consider Bulling well COC applies here

And JB thanks you for your vote And Support

JB is a political wannabe, who inherited (NOT earned) his money and isn't smart enough to stay OFF Federal wiretaps.

Madigan will roll out this doughboy and tie him in so many knots he'll WISH he was a pretzel.

It's already happened. Madigan wouldn't have pushed him unless he'd already agreed to be a puppeteered blame sponge, ala' Quinn. Tubby doesn't care; he just wants to be important.

"Tubby" is a progressive. And a willing tool.

Madigan is just in it for the personal power, and not to advance the progressive agenda.

Madigan has been a drag on the agenda of the progressives that have clustered around him in search of power.

His loss will not make things much better, it depends up how damaged the democrats are in the battle.Things could get worse.

WE see democrats of the chicago machine - but looking closer shows the distinctions (and the hidden battles).

I have had my eyes opened after some candid and off the record conversations with some smart Republican officials that I respect.

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., June 22, 2018 at 12:02 PM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., June 22, 2018 at 12:02 PM - No reason given

Yes you will to hand them over IMHO

And Please stop using Liberal tactics "Bullied" Sheesh

How many residents of Deerfield handed in theirs? Park Ridge? Unincorporated Cook?hat is not the point you made is i

I'll stop using the word "bullying" when you guys stop slapping labels on me (another liberal tactic). Fair enough?

That is not the point you made ! Now is it !! If they came calling to confiscate you would be on your Knees something in the air Begging Please dont hurt me You Sir is/are the problem Grow a Pair and use them

Perfect is the enemy of good. Is Rauner perfect? Of course not, but if you're sitting out the election because he's not perfect, that's insanity. There is no perfect politician that you will agree with 100%. Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Said well. The only person who could potentially be "perfect" in one's mind is oneself. Everyone else will have some imperfection or fallacy.

I look at this coming election this way: If I ranked, say 100 candidates for Governor (spanning the political spectrum) based on who I would vote for, Rauner would be in the middle of the pack. Let's just say 50/100. JB...well he would be 100/100. I plan on voting for Rauner, not because he's the best candidate for the job, but when it's down to just those two, I just can't allow myself to give JB any advantage by abstaining. A 50/100 is still better than a 100/100. Sure, neither is a 1/100, but that's the hand we were dealt and that's the hand we have to play.

You know I'm not. And I won't be bullied by being called one into voting the way someone else tells me. As I've explained, I will not sacrifice babies for gun rights. I will not. I refuse to make that bargain.

And, I will say it again...Pritzker is going to the the next governor of Illinois. This is a fact. It's a fact you gentlemen ought to just get used to.

As bad as Rauner's decision was on this, you seem to forget that the biggest purveyors of abortions are the LIBS and "dimocrats" !! Are you really willing to vote for that corpulent swine, knowing full well that he already supports that procedure? :ermm:

.......................................................... :no: :headbang1:

I'm sorry, I WILL NOT vote for a man that uses my money to murder babies. End of story.

As I've explained, I will not sacrifice babies for gun rights.

You're sacrificing everything, including babies by giving JB an edge withholding your vote from Rauner. If enough people like you refuse to vote for Rauner because you "choose babies over guns" and JB gets in, I'm holding you responsible for MORE babies death as it's already been pointed out to you multiple times by multiple IC members that JB will add to the abortion problem. Not too mention the stripping away of gun rights will result in less people being able to adequately protect themselves and even MORE potential loss of innocent life. You're doing noone any favors by withholding a Rauner vote. PS I am 100% pro-life, ANTI abortion and I'm voting for Rauner for the greater good despite my rebuke and disdain of the bill he supported!

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., June 23, 2018 at 06:02 PM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., June 23, 2018 at 06:02 PM - No reason given

MIND. BLOWN.

http://i.imgur.com/Ja6HGlW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/C8YpS2X.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/q8SML10.jpg

J.N. Is a Republican and NRA donor, the opposite of JB.

Einhorn is Finkle, Finkle is Einhorn...

JN=JB!! JB has Multiple Personality Disorder and dresses in drag!!! :)

Now that Sam McCann has entered the Governor's race as an independent, Gov. Rauner has very little chance of beating JB the Hut. Sam will be the spoiler. The gun owners of Illinois do need to try very hard to help Rauner however by spreading the word and encouraging others to vote for Rauner.

JB anti-gun?
From a Pritzker Group bio:
he currently is Chairman of the Advisory Board of the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence.
From out of state:
“Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom’s Safety for All Committee reported Pritzker gave $150,000 in January and another $100,000 in March." This is a quasi official group getting anti gun propositions on the ballot in California.
From His own Mouth to a downstate newspaper where gun control is not popular:
Reducing gun violence is a top priority for me. Too many families and communities across this state, from Chicago to Rockford to Peoria, are too familiar with the tragedies of gun violence. It is killing innocent people, destroying families, and ripping apart our communities. Reducing gun violence requires us to address the root causes by funding a budget that supports human services and creating jobs – something Bruce Rauner hasn’t done in three years in office.
My criminal justice reform plan includes a public health approach to addressing gun violence and holding law enforcement accountable. My plan includes changes to current gun laws that would increase firearm safety and fight the proliferation of illegal guns in Illinois.
As governor, I will also prioritize community programs like CeaseFire that interrupt violence at the local level. I would oppose attempts to legalize silencers in Illinois, support legislation that creates a Lethal Violence Order of Protection, and sign a gun dealer licensing bill. To stop the flow of illegal guns into Illinois, I will work with stakeholders to create a consortium of states to stop gun trafficking across state lines, and support amending Illinois’ “lost and stolen law” to discourage illegal gun trafficking. I will work to create a dedicated gun crime investigation unit within state police that coordinates with local police departments to focus on illegal gun trafficking and gun crime. We also need an inter-agency working group to evaluate our progress in providing prohibiting records to the federal NICS background check system.
We need universal background checks and a lethal violence of protection order so that families can step in to protect loved ones from harming themselves and others. I also support banning assault weapons and high capacity magazines in Illinois to help prevent mass shootings.
His hotel chain (Hyatt) is posted against concealed carry.
The two other options are to move out of state or give up our guns. Without a doubt there will be a court battle that could end up in the U.S. Supreme Court but that will take years and by that time, some will be dead, some will be in prison, and many will be without their guns.
There is also the issue of a dollar a round tax on ammunition that has already been floated in Cook County.

I'm holding you responsible for MORE babies death as it's already been pointed out to you multiple times by multiple IC members that JB will add to the abortion problem. Not too mention the stripping away of gun rights will result in less people being able to adequately protect themselves and even MORE potential loss of innocent life. You're doing noone any favors by withholding a Rauner vote. PS I am 100% pro-life, ANTI abortion and I'm voting for Rauner for the greater good despite my rebuke and disdain of the bill he supported!

You're not 100% pro-life. You're 49% pro life.

You're holding ME responsible...but you won't hold the man who actually signed the bill responsible? Tell me, if you would, what pro-abortion bills JB could possibly sign beyond what Rauner already has? If you can't, it's a moot point. Rauner gave it away.

As I asked earlier (and got no answer)...if now isn't the time to fight for principles, when will it be? 2020? 2022? I'll just sit here waiting for your answer. The silence tells me the answer is "never".

When Rauner signs 337 and 3256 in (yet another) attempt to pander to the left in the hopes of getting their votes, will you guys still support him? I mean, what does this guy have to do before you'll say "no more"? Slash and old lady's throat on TV? No, no...that's cool! As long as he's less anti-gun than JB!!!

When JB gets 51+% of the vote, who will you blame for Rauner's loss? Maybe then you'll start putting the blame where it belongs...on Rauner. I doubt it, though.

JB is going to be our next governor. I don't relish that fact...but it is a fact. You may as well buckle up for it. Decide what you are going to do when they ban your AR-15 and your "high capacity" magazines. I've already made my decision.

Perfect is the enemy of good. Is Rauner perfect? Of course not, but if you're sitting out the election because he's not perfect, that's insanity. There is no perfect politician that you will agree with 100%. Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I never asked for perfect. I have stated here and in other threads that I'm willing to tolerate a lot. But murdering babies with my tax money is a bridge too far. Sorry.

JB is going to be our next governor. I don't relish that fact...but it is a fact. You may as well buckle up for it. Decide what you are going to do when they ban your AR-15 and your "high capacity" magazines. I've already made my decision.

People (even many here at IC) also said Hillary would be the next president. Is she? It's not over until the results are tallied.

As for my guns and mags? They'll be staying right there at home, safe and snug as they are today.

People (even many here at IC) also said Hillary would be the next president. Is she? It's not over until the results are tallied.

As for my guns and mags? They'll be staying right there at home, safe and snug as they are today.

You realize that you just posted that you have soon-to-be banned firearms and "high-capacity" magazines, and will keep them at your home despite the lefties' unconstitutional laws, and that this can later be used in ways that could hurt you, right? Don't give them ammo.

When JB gets 51+% of the vote, who will you blame for Rauner's loss? Maybe then you'll start putting the blame where it belongs...on Rauner. I doubt it, though.

if JB gets 51% of the vote, I would blame those who vote for JB and those who refuse to vote for Rauner. Because those are the ones responsible for such a result.

And the decision of "I'd like to be a felon when they make all sporting firearms illegal with no grandfathering" is certainly a worse decision than "I'll vote for someone I don't particularly like who has some respect for the 2nd amendment and will veto such bills". Rauner has shown his support for the 2nd amendment (although it's not perfect.) JB has shown his utter disdain and tipped his plan to ban everything he can get away with. The difference is stark. I really can't see how come every single gun owner doesn't show up in Nov to vote Rauner. Doing anything otherwise is to destroy ourselves.

I started selling off my MSR several months ago. Walk into Cabelas and get 60% of their retail value. It’s not worth it to me to have a wall full of illegal weapons. I’ll hold on to the rest that are not banned but keep up the fight to stop any other laws. I felt and stated that

Trumps election would be the high water mark for gun rights. I was amazed we got SBRs and CCW over the last few years in Illinois one legislatively one by court order. We have been fighting metro Chicago’s influance since foid was enacted and may succumb to that

pressure next year with a governor who will lead the charge against us.

What I find disheartening is that so many of my shooting friend will NOT call, write or in anyway get out front of this issue publically. They fear coming to the attention of anyone they feel could come after them. I’ve been writing and calling anyone who can do us political harm for 47 years. Being on a “list” never entered my mind. Most gun owners in Illinois won’t care until it’s too late. Imagine all foid holder fighting back, never happen, but we’d own the state if so. We fight like heck but the bolder being pushed up hill is just getting bigger I fear.

You realize that you just posted that you have soon-to-be banned firearms and "high-capacity" magazines, and will keep them at your home despite the lefties' unconstitutional laws, and that this can later be used in ways that could hurt you, right? Don't give them ammo.

Technically, the post I quoted spoke to (potentially) soon to be banned items... I said "guns and mags."

That aside, I've stated multiple times that I won't willingly give up something that's banned after the fact. They can take them if they want, and I'll be a test case.

Realistically, though, any ban that may pass would most likely include a grandfather clause.

if JB gets 51% of the vote, I would blame those who vote for JB and those who refuse to vote for Rauner. Because those are the ones responsible for such a result.

My refusal to vote for Rauner doesn't help JB if he already has 51+% of the vote tied up. Do you understand math? If JB gets 51+%, that means even if you combined all the other votes cast and gave them to Rauner, he'd still lose.

I'm willing to fight that fight when it comes to me. I'm the one willing to fight here. I'm drawing the line.

When men with guns come to get me, how many of you will come to my aid? I guess I'll just say I won't be counting on any help.

My refusal to vote for Rauner doesn't help JB if he already has 51+% of the vote tied up. Do you understand math? If JB gets 51+%, that means even if you combined all the other votes cast and gave them to Rauner, he'd still lose.

IMO it is absolutely a false premise that Prtizker has 51% of the vote locked up. It certainly has a good likelihood of happening, but is far from a sure thing. Per all the polls, Hillary was going to win in a landslide; but that's not what happened. While JB will of course lock up Cook Co, a strong conservative showing from downstate could be enough to swing it for Rauner. And this isn't like the federal election, were a vote in Illinois means nothing. It's the popular vote, so every vote matters.

The Kennedy retirement raises some interesting factors for our state's election.

1. Many gun owners in the state might become complacent and not be as energized to vote figuring a more conservative court will solve the problem for us. IMO semiautomatics should be safe at SCOTUS after another originalist justice but they might not. It might be let each state decide. So how would a progressive Putzer/Madigan Illinois decide the issue?

2. Depending upon when and how the replacement falls out it can be a GOTV issue. It will energize conservatives and one would think especially 2nd Amendment types; but, it will certainly be used to drive pro abortion soccer moms over abortion. Rauner MIGHT be able to resist that somewhat because of his controversial vote. He didn't piss off prolifer's for no reason or because he personally is some abortion hawk. For each of us pro 2nd voters there are likely multiple suburban female voters who are just as driven on abortion rights as we are driven by gun rights. I fear that in Illinois this will drive more blue votes than red. If you live in a red part of the state you might not be aware just how blue the rest of the state actually is, and that keeps spreading.

Vote your conscience, but be clear. Being a "neverrauner" and allowing Putzer to win by inaction will not only hurt gun rights but will likely damage pro life politics. From what I've read SCOTUS will not likely be overturning Roe vs Wade but making the dynamics of abortion policy more state than federal. We are in a state that is blue, not red or purple, but that can have a RINO republican gov. Rauner responded to legislation on abortion when he was FORCED to make a political calculation given the demographics of the state. He responded better, and likely also from a considered calculation, on the 2nd Amendment. I would imagine Putzer will not only be aggressively anti 2nd but aggressively pro choice. for 4-12 years when the state's legal underpinnings are being established on the issue.

The point is, some of us are trying to change that percentage. But, as close as this election is shaping up to be, not voting for Rauner is almost the same as voting for JB.

My wife was out to a movie with a number of her friends on Saturday. When the discussion turned to Illinois politics she took the opportunity to discuss non-2nd Amendment issues and managed to persuade several of her liberal Democrat friends to turn away from JB and to vote for Rauner in stead. She was prepared and with real facts and she made a difference of five potential votes. More importantly, those five people can also make a difference by persuading even more people. That is what is it going to take.

It is interesting to note that many of these same women were afraid of and did not like guns several years ago. None of them yet own a gun, but they joke about how much safer they feel when my wife is with them because she carries. People listen to people they like and trust. Some things are a gradual process but women are now the fastest segment of growth in concealed carry licensure in part because they are meeting other women who do carry, and because of organizations like Well Armed Women. If enough gun owners get committed, we can affect this election.

I get the fact you are unhappy with Rauner over his abortion stance. I also get that JB would have taken it much further. Are you going to give up your guns to "punish" Rauner?

Archived