Illinois General Assembly 4/25/2018

mauserme

I think this is the House feed.

I'm watching the Senate, it just came to order. They are all welcoming everyone to the Senate. Waiting to hear them welcome IGold members.

Don't hold your breath. But the girl that has been a girl scout since kindergarten certainly needs an intro.

Yep, I wouldn't expect any recognition at all from this group....

Andrade is in the House trying to get a bill passed that will provide an exemption to the wiretapping law that makes Ring doorbells legal. I can’t believe I agree with him for once.

I can't believe we need a law to allow them.

You have to love that Illinois is one of 12 two party consent states.

Ring is illegal???

Technically if it records (until this bill passes both houses and is signed)

isn't it recording in a public area / public street. The expectation to privacy doesn't exist. I thought it was OK to record in public.

this would also imply that ALL exterior security cameras are illegal. I don't believe that to be true.

Seems like another useless and unnecessary law

Ring is illegal???

isn't it recording in a public area / public street. The expectation to privacy doesn't exist. I thought it was OK to record in public.

this would also imply that ALL exterior security cameras are illegal. I don't believe that to be true.

It's not a public area, it is on, by definition, your private property.

Ring is illegal???

No. The problem is ring records voice without the speaker of the voice being notified he's being recorded since the camera/mic can activate with motion. You're supposed to post a sticker on the house to provide warning, but therein lies the grey area where someone might sue.

Archived