JB not only wants our guns - he wants to track our driving

chancemccall

The Daily Herald reported on this in January. There is quite a discussion on Capitol Fax regarding this.

Apparently, JB expects us to purchase a GPS device that reports to the State, how many miles we drive and where we drive them so he can charge us a driving tax. All of this while telling us he doesn't want to raise our taxes. This device would also be capable of live time tracking of our locations and the speeds at which we reach them.

This sounds pretty much like the taxes being considered on ammunition and firearms that JB has also opined about.

How come I never hear any Illinois politician speak out on CUTTING SPENDING?! How about a 10% across the board cut on ALL funding? Let's start there. If that leaves a shortfall? Too bad, start cutting staff, services, whatever you need to do to come in under that 10% cut. ENOUGH ALREADY.

(use a whining voice in your head) But, then we couldn't enrich ourselves and our cronies.Weeee Weeee

How come I never hear any Illinois politician speak out on CUTTING SPENDING?! How about a 10% across the board cut on ALL funding? Let's start there. If that leaves a shortfall? Too bad, start cutting staff, services, whatever you need to do to come in under that 10% cut. ENOUGH ALREADY.

First thing they will cut is the people at the ISP that handle, FOIDs, CCLs and background checks.

Didn’t the Supreme Court rule that it was unconstitutional to have GPS trackers attached to vehicles without a warrant

One version I heard was you would pay "what they estimated you drove" or you can volunteer to have the tracker installed= with the carrot being "you might pay less that way".

What I read was, as proposed, no estimation...either a tracker or a $450 flat rate.

First thing they will cut is the people at the ISP that handle, FOIDs, CCLs and background checks.

That would be an immediate savings of about $4312.00 per month.

Hi,

Well the flat rate revenue could just as easily be raised by increasing the cost of your tags.

Face it folks, we are set to be screwed if Rainer is ousted. The state has unprecedented financial problems, and even with him there, the political will to change is weak. But with Dems controlling it all, I see no way out...

FWIW

Rich Phillips

One son coming out of 2 year college, another son graduating high school and a semi serious girl friend, new governor and new laws coming, father in law probably within a year of passing. I have folded up the tent of a successful contracting business and am unloading a lifetime of personals. I have one move left in me and this is it.

It is now or it is never.

I have given this state my whole life and I will not give them more than next year. I just cut my last check for property taxes; the next payment will come from the sale of our property.

I am willing to relocate and live on savings if need be for the chance to live in a free state, irregardless of the risk. I will not leave my children here to grow and live without the opportunity to experience real freedom, even if it means a complete restart. I will not leave them here to be taxed and regulated and have their views be considered the extreme. I will adjust to living in a rural community without the large array of services and government helps that we in Illinois have learned to expect as the norm.

Nowhere else is perfect and I expect struggles and difficulties with myself and our family adjusting.

I cannot wait.

GEESH!! Why in the world would any working person vote Democratic???

A lot of union members are brainwashed into thinking people like Rauner would have them working for slave like wages again if they had their way.

One son coming out of 2 year college, another son graduating high school and a semi serious girl friend, new governor and new laws coming, father in law probably within a year of passing. I have folded up the tent of a successful contracting business and am unloading a lifetime of personals. I have one move left in me and this is it.

I have given this state my whole life and I will not give them more than next year. I just cut my last check for property taxes; the next payment will come from the sale of our property.

I am willing to relocate and live on savings if need be for the chance to live in a free state, irregardless of the risk. I will not leave my children here to grow and live without the opportunity to experience real freedom, even if it means a complete restart. I will not leave them here to be taxed and regulated and have their views be considered the extreme. I will adjust to living in a rural community without the large array of services and government helps that we in Illinois have learned to expect as the norm.

Nowhere else is perfect and I expect struggles and difficulties with myself and our family adjusting.

I cannot wait.

I feel the same; My situation is a bit different; I am on the cusp of getting remarried but if JB wins I will not live in an AWB state, period. I am still young enough where starting over is possible.

Buddy of mine of over 40 years is closing down his business and moving to the southern tip of Missouri. His last job is a $420,000 job for a nursing home. He bought 40 acres for $700 an acre, put up a 1700 sf cabin and an outbuilding and he is going. He and his wife are leaving a business, beautiful home, and a 5 minute drive to see their grandson. At 53, he is willing to hump across the county doing service calls rather than stay here and continue to be back door violated over his rights, freedoms and his money.

He was motivated after another friend, who worked in city government in springfield, il, invited him down to see his place. A southern Il under sheriff is also down there.

We all have our limits to the amount of pizz and BS they put on a plate and serve us, thinking we should be thankful for all we are given. I'm not critical of anyone else, just letting folks here know that what is happening in Illinois is real and it is going to become surreal in short order.

Obviously the initial thought is that we shouldn't have put ourselves in this financial burden, but that's no solution. Therefore, I think a fair option is to adjust tag prices, specifically for those with electric or hybrid cars. They use less/no gas so their tag should be higher than those who use gas. That would "even-the-playing-field" for all motorist in the state.

I don't like the idea of any additional tax being levied but I am also realistic to what state we live in.

Archived