Photo

After the 90/120 days then what?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#1 Franko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:47 PM

After the 90 days for prints and 120 without then what recourse do we take? I'm talking about people just stuck in "Under Review"
There are people now that is over 90 with prints and 120 coming up for no printers.

Call ISP. They don't answer. Call your Rep? Some supports CCL some don't.
What's the plan? Some has there permit in hand. I hope they don't forget about all the people who supported, fought and sent witness slips for this fight. I don't want to leave ANYONE behind.. List suggestions for a course of action..
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him.

#2 spaceman-spiff

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

If the ISP has accepted the fee but has failed to reject or approve the application within the time specified in the law, why not assume that we are approved? Carry a print out of the status page and application in place of the card. We've followed the law, it's not our fault that they haven't sent the card or rejected the application with the 90/120 days. It's a risk, but so is being unarmed.

#3 Dr. Rat

JMHO

• Members
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:00 PM

If the ISP has accepted the fee but has failed to reject or approve the application within the time specified in the law, why not assume that we are approved? Carry a print out of the status page and application in place of the card. We've followed the law, it's not our fault that they haven't sent the card or rejected the application with the 90/120 days. It's a risk, but so is being unarmed.

Because it's illegal to carry without a license?

#4 67vtx1800

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

After 120 and the bitching starts, they will find the no print apps from 1/5 that got lost. So about June 5 we'll get a license.

No Print 1/5er 98 Days to Active

#5 protean

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:51 PM

Because it's illegal to carry without a license?

Ditto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Illinois Carry Supporting Member
NRA Benefactor Life Member

ISRA Member

#6 WillT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

I'd respond to your comment with what's currently rolling around in my mind, but I'd probably be banned.

I want to CCW my Mossberg 500. That's legit, right?

#7 spaceman-spiff

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:21 PM

Understood. I wish the law had something like "if the application is not rejected or approved within 90/120 then ...."

#8 us820

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:56 PM

After the 90 days for prints and 120 without then what recourse do we take? I'm talking about people just stuck in "Under Review"
There are people now that is over 90 with prints and 120 coming up for no printers.

You wait more.

#9 BobPistol

• Members
  • 9,133 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:09 PM

You shine the Todd signal?  

(not the Bat-signal, the one next to it)

The Second Amendment of the Constitution protects the rest.

#10 UpperAtmosphere

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:50 PM

What recourse do we take?

Give the ISP cheerleaders a severe earful, and then get told "don't worry, I'm sure the ISP will come through for you!" by everybody who already has a license, hear that "they're working extra-extra hard, sometimes for a whole entire eight hour shift with a mere two hours for lunch and one more for smoke breaks", everybody yells at everybody else, somebody posts that they sent in their application the day prior and had a license hand-delivered six hours later, somebody else throws a shoe, arrests are made, various individuals threaten to leave and never return to the forum, and in the end everybody keeps waiting.  Circle of life.

#11 Franko

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:21 PM

Is there anyone out there with prints at 68 days now?

Edited by Franko, 12 April 2014 - 10:26 PM.

There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him.

#12 GcDm2010

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:31 PM

Send a contribution to Senator Sullivan, Pat Quinn and Mike Madigan's reelection campaigns. If anyone jumps in to run against Randy Frese, better donate to him as well.

Edited by GcDm2010, 12 April 2014 - 10:32 PM.

#13 Franko

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:34 PM

Send a contribution to Senator Sullivan, Pat Quinn and Mike Madigan's reelection campaigns. If anyone jumps in to run against Randy Frese, better donate to him as well.

I'm not at 68 days, I'm at 98 without. I donate to ammo, not politicians.

#14 rubicon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:50 AM

Has anyone over 90 days called to confirm that the ISP actually has your fingerprints? I did and found out that the LiveScan vendor never transferred the prints to the ISP. I contacted Red Dot Arms and they review the facts and refunded my money... but now I am a guy that has no prints and a bogus fingerprint number.  I called Joliet, ISP Identification Bureau at 1-815-740-5160 and when the recording started, hit #2. I was speaking to a live person in seconds and she informed me that the ISP has no information from Livescan for me. I hope you have better Luck!

#15 Drylok

• Members
  • 8,739 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:08 AM

I've typed out 3 replies to this but deleted them all in fear of being banned but gosh damn my blood is boiling after reading this! Hang in there guys, answers are supposedly coming "soon", whenever the heck that is
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks"
-Thomas Jefferson-

Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I feel. One is the colors that fly high and proud the red, the white, the blue. The other ones got a rattle snake with a simple statement made, don't tread on me, is what it says and I'll take that to my grave
-Aaron Lewis-

#16 michaelludwig

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:08 AM

I am at day 98 with prints still under review. I called the BOI on Thursday of last week and my TCN# and prints are good. called ISP they took my info and said they would check into it and call me back. Ya right still no phone call from ISP and still under review at day 98 days.

#17 Franko

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:13 AM

I am at day 98 with prints still under review. I called the BOI on Thursday of last week and my TCN# and prints are good. called ISP they took my info and said they would check into it and call me back. Ya right still no phone call from ISP and still under review at day 98 days.

Also email and call your Rep

#18 michaelludwig

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

Thanks Franko I emailed isp last week Monday with no response now I have to call my Rep.

#19 TJSum1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:52 AM

It is obvious things have changed around this topic. Based upon what I am reading, if you don't submit prints, then you can expect to wait 120 days. I think that point has been made.

It has been common place on this site to speak in less than favorable terms about the Federal Government, Ill State legislature, Michael Madigan, Pat Quinn, Rahm, Mark Kirk, Durbin, Holder etc.. Including name calling (Governor Jello, Rahmistan), speculation about motives, conjecture about decisions made, processes followed, etc. Anyone that has been around and read through the threads will understand.

There are plenty of reasons to question, speculate, and comment based upon conjecture, relating to the licensing process. Seeing the disparity in issue times is reason enough. It seems "intent" is mostly in question for those without prints. Clearly, an additional 30 days was granted. An argument could be made that the additional time would be added to issue times for licenses with prints. Not a stretch, as the 90/120, with prints/without prints, time table. Does not seem like that is happening.

I will make my point in question form. Why so defensive of the ISP?

#20 Franko

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:05 PM

It is obvious things have changed around this topic. Based upon what I am reading, if you don't submit prints, then you can expect to wait 120 days. I think that point has been made.
It has been common place on this site to speak in less than favorable terms about the Federal Government, Ill State legislature, Michael Madigan, Pat Quinn, Rahm, Mark Kirk, Durbin, Holder etc.. Including name calling (Governor Jello, Rahmistan), speculation about motives, conjecture about decisions made, processes followed, etc. Anyone that has been around and read through the threads will understand.
There are plenty of reasons to question, speculate, and comment based upon conjecture, relating to the licensing process. Seeing the disparity in issue times is reason enough. It seems "intent" is mostly in question for those without prints. Clearly, an additional 30 days was granted. An argument could be made that the additional time would be added to issue times for licenses with prints. Not a stretch, as the 90/120, with prints/without prints, time table. Does not seem like that is happening.

Agree

#21 Dr. Rat

JMHO

• Members
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:50 PM

Well, yes, if you read the FCCA you'd know that people who submitted without prints can expect to wait 120 days for approval. No surprise there. In fact, many no print apps have been approved in fewer than 120 days.

Out of 30,000 active licensees, the ISP may have missed the 90 day deadline a couple of times for people with valid prints, but we really haven't even seen that confirmed.

You haven't presented any data on the median time for approval of apps with or without prints, so you can't really speak to the issue of "disparity in issue times".

What was your point again?

#22 TJSum1

• Members
  • 551 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:56 PM

Darn, you caught me. It pays to be the smartest rat in the sewer.

Edited by TJSum1, 13 April 2014 - 12:56 PM.

#23 GT1

• Members
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:56 PM

Since today is day 98 for 1/5ers I don't see where anyone can come to the conclusion that it is a 120 day wait. A recent rash of no print apps were approved, making it well over 3 weeks ahead of that 120 day count.

I haven't seen anyone defending the ISP administration nor gov jello. I hope no one is calling out the desk jockeys doing the processing, that would be foolish. They are putting in full days, and doubtful they are taking two hour lunch breaks, nor hourly smoke breaks.

gun totin' liberal
All fundamental liberties are interrelated. When you weaken one, you weaken them all, even if it is not immediately apparent to the short-sighted and fearful.

#24 Dr. Rat

JMHO

• Members
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:00 PM

Are you saying your post was supposed to have been in purple or admitting that you screwed up - again?

#25 TJSum1

• Members
  • 551 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:06 PM

Are you saying your post was supposed to have been in purple or admitting that you screwed up - again?
Do your parents know you are on the computer again?

#26 Franko

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:11 PM

This is the email from ISP my Rep got for me.

"The order in which the CCL applications were submitted is not a true
indicator as to what order they will be completed. The Department of State
Police has the 90/120 days to complete a CCL permit from application. Like
the FOID cards, there are multiple reasons why one application might take
longer than another.

So they don't approve in order received, random? Maybe why some with prints is over 90 and some approved at 30 days? Glad the restaurants I go to doesn't have this policy.

#27 Dr. Rat

JMHO

• Members
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:55 PM

Do your parents know you are on the computer again?

That's your answer to why you don't post any data to back up your baseless, non-stop complaining?

#28 michaelludwig

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:16 PM

well Dr Rat I am the proof that the isp has missed a 1/5er with valid prints. I am at day 98 and still under review. Called the BOI last week and my TCN# and prints are good.

#29 michaelludwig

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

Well I looked on the ISP web site just now at 4:30 and went active today. Only 8 days past 90 not too bad

#30 RockerXX

• Members
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:48 PM

Hang in there guys, answers are supposedly coming "soon", whenever the heck that is

Soon is an empty excuse in an attempt to placate people, nothing more...

What weighs six ounces, sits in a tree and is very dangerous?
A sparrow with a machine gun!