Will Most of the Republicans Leave Illinois?

chancemccall

I’ll admit my first feeling is one of pessimism. True, realistically Illinois cannot tax it’s way out of the years of “pension tax holidays” they took to dig them into the huge hole they (we) are in. My pessistic self says history shows Illinois politicians will do it anyway. They have no concept of what fiscal discipline means.

I have no doubt they will try to tax their way out, but the one article I read says just to get the pension funding current (not to sustain going forward) would require about a $20K bill for every resident of IL, just to get current, how do you tax each and every resident that much immediately, let alone continue taxing enough to sustain for the future? Seriously though, I'm a family of 5 that means we are on the hook for $100K just to get pensions current, that $100K will buy me a lot of land out of state vs sticking around and having it stolen.

I do know the liberal answer, tax the wealthy and tax business, but to be blunt, I don't see them footing that kind of bill if pushed when there are plenty of other states that would welcome them with open arms and tax breaks.

I’ll admit my first feeling is one of pessimism. True, realistically Illinois cannot tax it’s way out of the years of “pension tax holidays” they took to dig them into the huge hole they (we) are in. My pessistic self says history shows Illinois politicians will do it anyway. They have no concept of what fiscal discipline means.

I have no doubt they will try to tax their way out, but the one article I read says just to get the pension funding current (not to sustain going forward) would require about a $20K bill for every resident of IL, just to get current, how do you tax each and every resident that much immediately, let alone continue taxing enough to sustain for the future? Seriously though, I'm a family of 5 that means we are on the hook for $100K just to get pensions current, that $100K will buy me a lot of land out of state vs sticking around and having it stolen.

I do know the liberal answer, tax the wealthy and tax business, but to be blunt, I don't see them footing that kind of bill if pushed when there are plenty of other states that would welcome them with open arms and tax breaks.

Tax the Democrats?

At 62 I'm staying for the time being. At this point I am invested enough that I can't really leave. Plus all my family is here. That may change if things go completely bonkers (almost there but not quite).

House is not built yet, but on the hook with a mtg on the property. Luckily it is not in a collar county and is a rural setting.

I will be watching very closely.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Taxing Business ONLY raises prices for the consumers !!

Why is it so hard to understand that Business passes all Taxes and Costs to Consumers !!!

This is perfectly fine in the eyes of democrat pols. It enables them to put the blame on the evil greedy corporations that are taking advantage of the poor people by raising prices and paying CEOs, board members and share holders outrageous salaries and dividends. .

Archived