9mm ammo

illinois_buckeye

i was just on target sports and found some where they had a lot of stock. In the 5 minutes it took to register the stuff was gone.

Just a question, what's decent for hollow points on 9mm? Saw this in stock.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/speer-gold-dot-9mm-luger-ammo-115-grain-jhp-23614gd-p-108599.aspx

Still new and learning, but don't have hollow points as of yet.

i was just on target sports and found some where they had a lot of stock. In the 5 minutes it took to register the stuff was gone.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/speer-gold-dot-9mm-luger-ammo-115-grain-jhp-23614gd-p-108599.aspx

Gold Dot, Federal HST, Winchester Ranger model RA9T are tops in 124 or 147 grain loadings. But beggers can't be choosers so the 115 Gold Dots are cool too. Always test HP in your gun. Some guns just don't like some bullets.

Ok. Might have to get a couple of boxes and run one through my gun. Got the Taurus g2c 9mm. Cheaper gun but seems ok so far.

I have a G2, which is the predecessor of the G2C. Basically the same gun, but with the Taurus security lock mechanism. I shoot Federal 115 and 124gr hardball, and 124gr HST and Hydra Shok hollow points. Zero issues, other than some duds when I shot Winchester white box.

I bought little today. So far I've only put 100 rounds through my g2c. I so far have used Winchester white box and a box of Speer lawman. I think it was 147 grain and it seemed to go fine.

I think maybe I'd like to look at polymer rounds. A friend of mine who's older but has been around guns a lot longer than me uses those and likes them pretty well. So far I'm happy with the g2c. Going back out and maybe put a couple more boxes through it in the morning.

Get this instead:

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/speer-gold-dot-law-enforcement-duty-9mm-luger-ammo-124-grain-jhp-53617-p-58577.aspx

Same stuff but it's cheaper ($40 for 50 instead of $20 for 20), it's 124gr, and it's always in stock (has been so far anyway).

If you're a "Prime" member at target sports it's $36 and free shipping.

At Bass Pro in Bolingbrook right now. They have Remington 9mm 124 for $12.99 plus

Winchester white box 500 rd. Boxes. ? The price on those.

Edit, limit 5 boxes but they didn’t say if the 5 box limit applied to the 500 round boxes.

$.26/ round isn’t bad in today’s world.

• 5 weeks later...

Federal Champion 9mm Luger Ammo 115 Grain Full Metal Jacket. $27.99/$25.75 prime.

Either they got a ton or this is approaching the right price/demand balance because it's been up for a while now.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/federal-champion-9mm-luger-ammo-115-grain-full-metal-jacket-wm5199-p-3154.aspx

Nope, already gone.

I was told yesterday, at Point Blank in Mokena, that the Midwest ammo is reloads.

Really

I wasn’t aware of that

Back when doing the range at a different store I was asked to research that brand

I found on the internet info and it mentioned they have there own manufacturing plant

We were looking to purchase in huge bulk but they don’t sell to anyone just their own stores as it was told

I was told yesterday, at Point Blank in Mokena, that the Midwest ammo is reloads.

Really

I wasnt aware of that

Back when doing the range at a different store I was asked to research that brand

I found on the internet info and it mentioned they have there own manufacturing plant

We were looking to purchase in huge bulk but they dont sell to anyone just their own stores as it was told

From the other 9mm thread: Midwest promotes itself as remanufactured vs reloads but it sounds like the difference is minimal per their website.

..."Unlike reloads, this ammunition is manufactured using commercial-grade, automated machines"...

..."This is what Midwest has engineered into a state-of-the-art process that reuses once fired brass. That being said, the ammunition we produce is not reloaded ammunition. The difference between the two terms are both connotative and technical in nature, and nonetheless stark differences."...

I work at SPB Hodgkins. The midwest is trash reloads. Dont shoot it. We had yesterday 150k of 9mm S&B or magtech. Not sure whats left. 16.99/box. Its not cheap but its what it is. Even my cost has gone up greatly.

Ill try and update tomorrow whats left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 weeks later...

I was told what a jerk I was not that long ago, for selling 9mil ammo for $20 a box of 50. Now its going for $65, and its actually selling.

Personally, these are the times that I take the muzzle loaders out of storage, PC are cheap, even now, and I have all the lead I'll ever need. BP appears to also still be cheap.

Perhaps not IDEAL for self defense, compared to the latest wonder 9mm, but at least a replica Remington 1858 New Model, or a replica Colt 1860, barring local statutes to the contrary, can be ordered by mail, no FOID required, and don't suck up the more modern ammo that cannot be replaced now, and give you six pretty fast shots without reloading.

And before some misguided person says replica muzzle-loaders require FOID, if you look at the FOID act, the definition of "firearm" has an exception for "antiques", as found by the director, and in the regulations, "antique" is given the exact same definition, including for replicas, as the feds use, and the former head of FSB of ISP admitted such in a deposition in about 2017, so I am real comfortable with that.

Archived