Gun Owners Defying New Laws Worldwide

quackersmacker

Another thing that frustrates me about the proposed Illinois law and "non compliance" is that non compliance is a felony with proposed jail time and serious fines. This raises the risk (to me) to an unacceptable level. I have lived in Illinois for essentially 99% of my adult life, paid my taxes, and lived as a law abiding person. I don't even speed, talk on the phone while driving, or break any laws. I take great care to observe the letter of the law in Illinois.

And if this passes I'm supposed to make myself a criminal by non compliance. I don't think I can do that. Go to jail over a protest I can/will do but making myself a felon by non compliance is not something I can make register in my brain.

VooDoo

I understand your thinking...and the antis are hoping there are a lot of people like you. When is too much enough? Every person has to draw that line for themselves. Personally, my line is drawn WAAAAAAY before they cart me and my family off to Auschwitz.

Owning firearms is a distinct American freedom. If the state essentially makes it so difficult to own any kind of firearm, they are tyrants and the need to be resisted...even if that means dying or going to jail. We would not have ANY rights if men hadn't said "no more!" or "I'd rather be dead than live under tyranny". Where are those men now??? Are we not willing to sacrifice to protect what those men died to give us?

Non-compliance to unconstitutional law is mandatory in my opinion. It's the duty of American citizens to protect and defend the rights granted to them by the creator, as well as the natural rights of others.

If you're so afraid of becoming a felon and serving time in prison, just do yourself a favor and sell or turn in your firearms right now. You might as well, because you're already living by the sheep mentality. You've already lost.

I'll stay a law-abiding citizen until someone FORCES me to be otherwise, by attempting to enforce unconstitutional laws.

I'll continue to live my life the way I have until this very moment.

NO ONE IS TAKING MY HARD EARNED PROPERTY.

COME AND TAKE IT. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU.

In my book, what I have, what I own, and the natural rights granted unto me and my family by the creator, are worth defending and dying for.

Another thing that frustrates me about the proposed Illinois law and "non compliance" is that non compliance is a felony with proposed jail time and serious fines. This raises the risk (to me) to an unacceptable level. I have lived in Illinois for essentially 99% of my adult life, paid my taxes, and lived as a law abiding person. I don't even speed, talk on the phone while driving, or break any laws. I take great care to observe the letter of the law in Illinois.

And if this passes I'm supposed to make myself a criminal by non compliance. I don't think I can do that. Go to jail over a protest I can/will do but making myself a felon by non compliance is not something I can make register in my brain.

VooDoo

I understand your thinking...and the antis are hoping there are a lot of people like you. When is too much enough? Every person has to draw that line for themselves. Personally, my line is drawn WAAAAAAY before they cart me and my family off to Auschwitz.

Owning firearms is a distinct American freedom. If the state essentially makes it so difficult to own any kind of firearm, they are tyrants and the need to be resisted...even if that means dying or going to jail. We would not have ANY rights if men hadn't said "no more!" or "I'd rather be dead than live under tyranny". Where are those men now??? Are we not willing to sacrifice to protect what those men died to give us?

Well said.

Well...it looks like we may get our chance to die for our ideals. Some would rather be dead than to live under tyranny or give up their guns but I'd rather run away and fight another day. Sorry guys, I'm skeptical. I have my doubts that all ya'll Macho Guys are gonna go down in a hail of gunfire rather than comply with The Law. Kudos to you - I have a family to feed and protect and defying the law (if it becomes law) and going out in a hail of gunfire is not at the top of my list.

We all assume that we can defy the law and there will be no consequences but history says otherwise. If the US becomes a Police State (and it looks like they are trying) then non compliance will be a felony and you'll get your chance to be a stand up American and die for you ideals rather than be carted off to jail soon enough. I'm taking a deep breath and trying to deal with this day by day but if they succeed in disarming US it will open a door that will never be closed - they will enable forces and conditions that will ultimately end up enabling the very abuses they seek to remove. The only reason to disarm a free person is so they can enslave that person or force that person... ..we are being disarmed to remove the possibility of resistance. It seems philosophical and rhetorical right now but if these bills become law we will have a choice to resist and be felons or hide and be Resistance.

I have already sacrificed and I'm not standing up with my chest puffed up and thumping to die telling them I will resist. I'm not dying for this...I'll run away to fight another day. I'll mourn ya'll that need to thump yer chests and avenge you later.

Good luck.

VooDoo

Well...it looks like we may get our chance to die for our ideals. Some would rather be dead than to live under tyranny or give up their guns but I'd rather run away and fight another day. Sorry guys, I'm skeptical. I have my doubts that all ya'll Macho Guys are gonna go down in a hail of gunfire rather than comply with The Law. Kudos to you - I have a family to feed and protect and defying the law (if it becomes law) and going out in a hail of gunfire is not at the top of my list.

We all assume that we can defy the law and there will be no consequences but history says otherwise. If the US becomes a Police State (and it looks like they are trying) then non compliance will be a felony and you'll get your chance to be a stand up American and die for you ideals rather than be carted off to jail soon enough. I'm taking a deep breath and trying to deal with this day by day but if they succeed in disarming US it will open a door that will never be closed - they will enable forces and conditions that will ultimately end up enabling the very abuses they seek to remove. The only reason to disarm a free person is so they can enslave that person or force that person... ..we are being disarmed to remove the possibility of resistance. It seems philosophical and rhetorical right now but if these bills become law we will have a choice to resist and be felons or hide and be Resistance.

I have already sacrificed and I'm not standing up with my chest puffed up and thumping to die telling them I will resist. I'm not dying for this...I'll run away to fight another day. I'll mourn ya'll that need to thump yer chests and avenge you later.

Good luck.

VooDoo

So you'll be really proud of yourself after the heavy lifting has been done by others. That's ok. There's always a curve on any human activity. We will need resistance at many levels. If you can bring up the rear resistance that is significant. Living to fight another day will be extremely important for those whom we early soldiers will leave behind. But please, don't mock us. And if the skepticism card gets dealt, I think it's in your hand. Good luck to you, too, Sir. We all need that.

VooDoo

What Soylentgreen stated!

Good luck.

VooDoo

Fight another day? How? With what? If you won't fight now, you never will. Read Solzhenitsyn. Guys like him who ended up in camps were mad at themselves for not fighting when they could....

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., February 12, 2019 at 12:08 AM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., February 12, 2019 at 12:08 AM - No reason given

Let me guess ... Air Force ?

LMAO! Oh man that's harsh!

Anyway, if any of us chooses to resist, we cannot do it alone. We need to have organized groups, defined goals and a leader.

It's that "Well regulated militia" thing that's in the Constitution.

Going it alone is just going to get you dead.

The goal isn't to live. So get that straight right away and make your peace with God. I, for one, have no allusions that I'm going to win a firefight at 3AM against a team of six or eight SWAT officers. I'm not Rambo.

The goal is to make it painful for the aggressors. If you can seriously injure or kill one or more before you're killed, the goal has been met...and the surviving officers will start to worry about their own safety next time. Perhaps some will give a second thought to following orders they know they can't accomplish before the entire team is dead or in the hospital.

Oh, and how many houses of otherwise normal law-abiding citizens are they going to raid before society says "no more!"? How many kids will die in these raids that wouldn't have died had the raids not happened?

Compared with the men who made this country free, we are a bunch of vaginas. Seriously. We are unfit to perform fellatio on their dead rotten corpses...much less inherit the liberty they've given us. No spine at all. None.

I'm not looking for trouble. I just want to be left alone. But when trouble comes to me, I pray I have the fortitude to face it head-on and give my life for liberty if necessary. There will be one chance. Once we allow ourselves to be intimidated and disarmed, it's over. The government can do whatever they wish and you have zero ability to fight back. I've heard many people say they have a special hiding place to stash their guns. They say the cops will never find their guns in a search. Well, damn, dude! If you won't FIGHT when cops raid your house looking for guns...WHEN will you??? The answer is never.

I'm willing to fight and die to make a future for my children that includes FREEDOM. Understand? Too many generations have fallen back and compromised and given away cherished freedoms...and here we are. I blame them for not holding the line. For being coerced. For being wrapped up in professional sports and other distractions to CARE about freedom. For buttering up tyrants.

Rant over.

If a man won't fight when necessary, and he just wants to sit back and wait while making excuses such as "I have family" then he'll NEVER stand up for what's right when it's needed.

Leading by example will give others strength, so the loss of one's life may not be in vain when all is said and done. Not only that, but it will serve as a warning to others of what the government really desires, when they see people nationwide being gunned down for refusing to comply with unconstitutional laws. IF it happens to enough people to create a larger movement..

What if the men of the American Revolution had sat back and did nothing because "I have family" ????

(soylentgreen has hit the nail on the head - it's fight at the first whiff of major tyrannical action (forced disarmament) or be forever enslaved - and the lesson your children learn from it will be that "my dad was weak when we were all being enslaved" - and they'll follow the example you set - however, should you be gunned down standing up for the future rights of those children, those children will hold a lifelong grudge that will give them strength to resist for the rest of their lives - again, much like what occurred during the American Revolution)

If you have a family, you did your job in making sure your legacy lives on. Not saying start a fight and cause trouble, but running will only get you temporary relief.

We are not there and hopefully never will be, but it’s time everyone gets ticked off and as loud as the antis are. Play their game, but be peaceful (no rioting and that stuff)

Yep, that's what governments do to the people when they're afraid of the people wanting to take the power back.. They don't care one bit about human lives, as long as they remain in power.

Just history repeating.. Move along.. Nothing to see here...

And youre d@mn right JB wouldnt hesitate to deploy the ISP snipers should IL rise up

Yep, that's what governments do to the people when they're afraid of the people wanting to take the power back.. They don't care one bit about human lives, as long as they remain in power.

And you’re d@mn right JB would hesitate to deploy the ISP snipers should IL rise up

"Would"? Shouldn't that be "would not hesitate"?

And you’re d@mn right JB would hesitate to deploy the ISP snipers should IL rise up

"Would"? Shouldn't that be "would not hesitate"?

edited

I'm concerned that they (the Anti Gun People including our Representation) are not gonna push this button and fire this thing up - there isn't going to be a "spark" and a "Revolution". I'm concerned of being dragged out of the house in my underwear at 3 am because I'm a felon for not turning in my Social Media Accounts or didn't register my AR or my Precision Rifle etc.

I'm all about defending Family and Country as much as the next guy. I'm sure you think you know me because of Internet Verbiage and stereotyping but you do not know me.

I do not think this pending legislation is likely to culminate in a situation like we see in France right now with people taking to the streets and fighting if it passes into law. It's going to be a slow squeeze on a small. controllable cross section of the population. And when they catch me cheating them via non compliance they'll charge me with a felony and send a specialized group to kick my door down in the wee hours and arrest me if they can or catch me with a gun in my hand when the door crashes open and gun me down like a dog.

This scenario, I believe, is how this is gonna play out. So every time I hear folks advise me that it's time to thump my American Manly Chest and take to the streets I just have to shake my head and look elsewhere for perspective. I appreciate folks wanting to start that spark and put me in my place by questioning my loyalty and manhood and resolve but I do not believe this is gonna go down like you think it is.

I appreciate the advice but unfortunately I cannot comply. With you *or* them. In the meantime I have joined the ISRA, I'm an NRA member, and I'm putting money towards fighting this legislation. I have written and called my Representation and will continue to be articulate and adamant and resist this legislation without being threatening, obtuse, or getting my hackles up because this will not help us or our cause and will definitely make me a target when the Police State really does get to the point of eliminating all opposition which will likely be one tough guy at a time. I appreciate the shots at anyone's manhood who doesn't wanna go down in a hail in gunfire but I'm not taking that bait.

You guys fight this your way and good luck. I'll contribute time, energy, and money to try and circumvent this with a minimum amount of manly chest thumping and flagging about violence. It's not time for that. Hopefully it never will be. I think it could be fixed.

VooDoo

Vodoun, I think it's great that you're active in the politics of our gun rights. Joining the ISRA, NRA and calling your reps is definitely something that needs to be done and I appreciate that you're doing it.

I can understand why not everyone would want to fight the government directly and I think you're right when you say that it's going to be a slow squeeze. In fact that's what they're doing now. Eventually, it will get to the point where innocent gun owners are going to start getting shot and killed by police when their houses get raided. When enough incidences like that occur, there may be a tipping point and then we'll see what happens.

Vodoun, I think it's great that you're active in the politics of our gun rights. Joining the ISRA, NRA and calling your reps is definitely something that needs to be done and I appreciate that you're doing it.

I can understand why not everyone would want to fight the government directly and I think you're right when you say that it's going to be a slow squeeze. In fact that's what they're doing now. Eventually, it will get to the point where innocent gun owners are going to start getting shot and killed by police when their houses get raided. When enough incidences like that occur, there may be a tipping point and then we'll see what happens.

And, VooDoo, just to be clear, if and when that happens, where will you stand? (you need not answer that, but please think hard about it.)

Archived