Shooting at Mercy Hospital

VannDaddy

The House is going to have tons of fun with this. How many of the soon to be incoming feel good laws would have prevented this?

"The Mercy Act" has a ring to it. I'd say our side strikes first, puts forth a bill by that name which removes Hospitals and hospital property from being automatic GFZs

I literally work DIRECTLY across the street from Mercy Hospital. The amount of police here is insane. I watched hundreds of cars from many agencies flying to the scene.

The scaner was so crazy it was hard to comprehend what was going on. The mobile command center was set up 40 ft away from my office.

Another GFZ

Insane.

I literally work DIRECTLY across the street from Mercy Hospital. The amount of police here is insane. I watched hundreds of cars from many agencies flying to the scene.

The scaner was so crazy it was hard to comprehend what was going on. The mobile command center was set up 20 ft away from my office.

Another GFZ

Insane.

Things are dynamic but it sounds like it may have begun as a Domestic; Someone called to report a man threatening to shoot people before the shooting began, sounds like BG may have shot someone in a parking area he was arguing with. Uniforms and detectives tried to engage the BG in the parking lot and somehow he made it inside; where an officer was shot, possibly in the head.

This is all fluid but the most I have been able to make sense of it.

From witness reports sounds like the CPD did their job and showed amazing bravery actively and aggressively engaging the shooter until he was down.

The reports I read said it was a 9mm.NBC-5 was reporting it was an "assault rifle". Even quoted some witness who said he was very familiar with firearms who said it was a rifle.

Probably the same guy who when asked how many shots he heard responded “Oh my God, Reloaded twice. So 32 bullets each."

Eddie Johnson said in the news conference that the shooter lifted up his shirt and displayed a gun to a friend of his ex (whom he fatally shot in the parking lot). Don't let the media con anyone into believing the shooter used a rifle of any kind. This is a narrative they're going to run with these days. It's nonsense. Unless proven wrong, I'm sticking with what Eddie stated to the press.

I heard Roe Conn talking about the shootout and he said a 9mm is deafening as is the 40mm.

To me the 40mm isn't that loud. It just kinda goes Boonk

Kind of off topic, but I shoot a lot of 40 and 9 at our club. To my ears (even with hearing protection) the 40 has a louder report??? Back to the discussion at hand.

I seen some black guy on news. He said he was in emergency room when he saw another black man with a pistol shoot the woman with a pistol and then stood over her and shot her. I also seen some trendy say it was a white guy with an assault rifle and he hid for 45 mind behind a van.He then want on a gun control bam rant.

Here is the real kicker, taken from the Chicago Tribune.........

The gunman, who sources say had a concealed carry license, then exchanged gunfire with Jimenez and other officers as he ran into the hospital. Jimenez was shot in the lobby as the gunman continued firing.

A squad car was hit, and a bullet lodged in the holster and gun barrel of another officer, according to Chicago police Superintendent Eddie Johnson.

Archived