Are The Lawyers Ready?

BigJim

It's looking more and more like Illinois is going to get hit by a blue tsunami next week. This will most assuredly lead to more common sense gun laws such as AWB, mag cap limits, safe storage requirements, more GFZs and other onerous restrictions on our 2A rights. This got me wondering does anyone (NRA, ISRA, GSL IC 2AF, etc.) have our backs? Does any pro-2A organization have lawyers ready to file suits to block these infringements on our rights? We really need to be ready to combat these assaults on our freedoms the day the antis pass a bill and send it to Jaba's desk.

Does Illinois even have an NRA lobbyist any more? The one we had was a HUGE loss. I know he's still around but it isn't the same coverage shown on the site here. The girl they hired didn't last a couple months maybe less.

Yes, NRA still has a lobbyist for the state, John Weber, but he is not dedicated to IL and is split with 3 states IIRC.

Todd V is still around in his capacity with the new IL FFLs group, but no NRA association.

New governor and legislature are not inaugurated until mid January so unlikely anything before then unless lame duck legislators get a veto proof passage of some bills submitted during veto session. Also with a new governor a new CCL review board will be appointed.

IL Lobbyists:

NRA: John Weber

IllinoisCarry: Mike and Valinda Rowe

ISRA: Richard Pearson, William Potts Jr, James Vinopal, EO Sullivan consulting

FFLs of IL: Todd Vandermyde consultants

Springfield Armory: MORRILL & FIEDLER, LLC contracted firm with 5 registered lobbyists

So in the meantime...vote and encourage others to vote. for Rauner. For pro state Reps and Senators.

In the state legislature, I think Idstein has a good chance of ousting YIngling. My son thinks otherwise, but, I see a LOT of Idstein signs in yards (Mine included), and YIngling's sending of almost a card a day in the mail has the sense of desperation to me.

Yingling has never won by a huge margin so I believe Idstein has a very good chance if the Republican base gets just that much more energized, and yes those daily Yingling mailers are getting old and to me shows his desperation, but hey he has to spend Madigan's money somehow. FYI: My yard has two 4x4 Idestein signs :)

I think it's time for common sense laws regulating idiots' ability to vote

That whole landowner thing doesn't sound all that silly anymore, I'd go for anyone who has at least paid 3 consecutive years of taxes.

At the rate people are coming and going, I'd be happy if they just signed the lease today. Having any skin in the game should qualify. Having no earned income because you are too lazy to work but still have time to make babies, party daily, but do nothing for society should not qualify.

I think it's time for common sense laws regulating idiots' ability to vote

That whole landowner thing doesn't sound all that silly anymore, I'd go for anyone who has at least paid 3 consecutive years of taxes.

Renters still pay property taxes indirectly and are bound by all the other state taxes, so they are still invested...

Have any of those laws been blocked by injunctions in other states where those lawsuits where filed ? Because they have been filed in a few states and no victories come to mind off the top of my head. Seems like they can pretty much just ban most semi automatic rifles, limit magazines to 10 rounds and add safe storage requirements with impunity. Along with a host of other things.

The lower courts have all been ruling in the states favor that those laws are just fine.

Aside from the Supreme court taking up one of these cases eventually I don't think we will see any reversals in the lower courts.

And realistically by that time, years and years after its been made into law and lawsuits filed, you will have already long since had to get rid of all that stuff that you own or risk becoming a felon.

Have any of those laws been blocked by injunctions in other states where those lawsuits where filed ? Because they have been filed in a few states and no victories come to mind off the top of my head. Seems like they can pretty much just ban most semi automatic rifles, limit magazines to 10 rounds and add safe storage requirements with impunity. Along with a host of other things.

The lower courts have all been ruling in the states favor that those laws are just fine.

Aside from the Supreme court taking up one of these cases eventually I don't think we will see any reversals in the lower courts.

And realistically by that time, years and years after its been made into law and lawsuits filed, you will have already long since had to get rid of all that stuff that you own or risk becoming a felon.

These clowns need to learn that "Ex Post Facto" does NOT mean when they mail their alimony checks to their discarded trophy wives!

You are welcome to give up, but I will go on record that I will not be getting rid of any stuff, until and only if the Supreme Court fails us and every state prohibits the items. There are multiple ways to maintain ownership while not becoming a felon, I plan on exercising them if need be.

I’m telling you we have been to the mountain top of gunrights in Illinois. We are going to pay dearly for being residents of this state. This is why I’m selling the part of my collection that is on other states ban lists. Ever since FOID was enacted the antis have been waiting for this opportunity. There will be thousand of new felons in this state soon having run afoul of new UUW laws.

I’m telling you we have been to the mountain top of gunrights in Illinois. We are going to pay dearly for being residents of this state. This is why I’m selling the part of my collection that is on other states ban lists. Ever since FOID was enacted the antis have been waiting for this opportunity. There will be thousand of new felons in this state soon having run afoul of new UUW laws.

Yep, we get it you have given up before the start bell has even rung. Your choice, but I'm certainly not joining you until the Supreme Court has their say.

You should really sell your items here, I'm sure there are plenty of members here that will offer you a premium over what Cabelas is tossing you.

I imagine there will be many tragic boating accidents and much DIY home remodeling in Illinois should this come to pass.

You depress the crap out of me. I'm just saying.

I imagine there will be many tragic boating accidents and much DIY home remodeling in Illinois should this come to pass.

A large out of safe deposit box will hold many things especially if disassembled and or just the taboo parts, and they are quite reasonably priced.

Posted · Hidden by Molly B., November 25, 2018 at 04:35 AM - No reason given
Hidden by Molly B., November 25, 2018 at 04:35 AM - No reason given

Fight em anyway you canhttp://i.imgur.com/ykhk6a7.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/FP7XDFP.jpg

I do admire your sense of humor.
Portable President made an appearance as well. Too bad the culprit will never be found. They probably escaped through the manhole

http://i.imgur.com/id3U5xn.jpg

Portable President made an appearance as well. Too bad the culprit will never be found. They probably escaped through the manhole

I knew it, those damn pesky Russians are interfering in the election again!!!!!!!!!!

I knew it, those damn pesky Russians are interfering in the election again!!!!!!!!!!

Better get Mueller involved in McHenry county.......

Don't forget all those "no questions asked" gun buy backs. That's where all my banned guns went.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget all those "no questions asked" gun buy backs. That's where all my banned guns went.

Is there anything prohibiting a police agency from tracking the serial numbers of any turned-in firearms? I would think that could prove to be a valuable database to someone.

Is there anything prohibiting a police agency from tracking the serial numbers of any turned-in firearms? I would think that could prove to be a valuable database to someone.

The biggest hurdle to overcome is getting a nationwide database of guns. Everything is on paper or in various media. Law prohibits this database because too many tin foil hat wearing gun owners are afraid the government will come after them .

Archived