NRA Supports Red Flag Laws

Came across a couple of videos about the NRA supporting red flag laws at the state level and now at the Federal level. The first video is representatives from four states gun owners rights organizations from Iowa, Minnesota, Ohio and Georgia exposing the NRA support for red flag confiscation laws and at one point Patrick Parsons who is executive director of Georgia gun owners asks if the NRA is in bed with Bloomberg.

https://youtu.be/MBMJD2wy3u4

https://youtu.be/1PR40QtoUOA

Haven’t supported NRA for a couple years now. My yearly focus will be GOA and IC. I may start supporting ISRA yearly too. NRA is complacent and just seems to want to be seen as the “good guys” now and go along with feel good BS. maybe someone should tell Cox that none of these laws will fix the violence problem. Especially since the predators see there is very little consequence to their actions. Heck, the police cant even chase carjackers anymore.

I came here with a petition from the Firearms Policy Coalition a week ago and no one wanted to sign it because "I don't want tha gubment havin mah email address"

Even though ALL emails are no longer private to begin with. Not after the NDAA being signed in to law..

The GOA and the FPC are both fighting these red flag laws. The sharks smell blood in the water with the NRA supporting these infringements..

Larue is also getting ready to file their lawsuit on the bump stock issue..

All people want to do these days is b*itch about legislation and not actually sign anything in the attempt to stop it. In that case, they all deserve exactly what they get. We have to stop arguing about what group does what and just start supporting and funding who is actually fighting on our behalf.

The NRA has lost a HUGE amount of money for the next decade over this stuff. Both the bump stock issue and the red flag laws.

When you find out that Wayne Lapierre's salary for 2016 was over 5 million dollars after retirement benefits and bonuses, it's easy to see the problem.

These laws are clearly unconstitutional. Period. They violate the fourth, fifth, and sixth amendments...not to mention the second. They also violate habeas corpus.

American citizens are guaranteed possession of their property. They're guaranteed the right to be faced with their accusers, to be told what crimes they're supposedly being accused of, and the right to mount a defense against the accusations. These laws violate all of those rights.

I honestly can not wait until the first police officer is killed trying to enforce one of these orders against an innocent person who has been falsely accused of being a "danger" and has no idea that the secret order has been issued. And, I don't feel sorry for the police who enforce these unconstitutional orders. They deserve what they get. They've sworn an oath to uphold the constitution.

Unfortunately, I think this is the way the country is headed. We will continue to see restrictions on our 2A rights a little at a time until they are completely gone and this is basically what's been happening for years. It's true that we finally got CC in IL, but look what's coming. Gun dealer licensing, "Assault Weapons" bans, magazine bans, bans, bans and more bans.

I also hope to see resistance by the people if the government decides to enforce one of those unconstitutional orders. However, you know any citizen who resists a raid will be portrayed in the media as a crazed killer gun owner and the cops will be praised for doing the right thing by ending his life. The cards are stacked against us no matter how you look at it, especially in this state.

Unfortunately, I think this is the way the country is headed. We will continue to see restrictions on our 2A rights a little at a time until they are completely gone and this is basically what's been happening for years. It's true that we finally got CC in IL, but look what's coming. Gun dealer licensing, "Assault Weapons" bans, magazine bans, bans, bans and more bans.

I also hope to see resistance by the people if the government decides to enforce one of those unconstitutional orders. However, you know any citizen who resists a raid will be portrayed in the media as a crazed killer gun owner and the cops will be praised for doing the right thing by ending his life. The cards are stacked against us no matter how you look at it, especially in this state.

Any ban that doesn't involve militarized police going door-to-door to search for an confiscate weapons is going to be largely ignored. Ban whatever you want. You don't have the resources to enforce it. The people who own contraband will just go underground.

Yes, you're right about how the media will portray you if you resist. But, the truth will be revealed for those who actually want to know truth. And, what the media says won't bring back the dead. Cops who get killed will be a wake up call for other cops who want to go home to their wife and kids at the end of their shift. Perhaps some of them will start refusing these orders if enough cops die for nothing.

Any ban that doesn't involve militarized police going door-to-door to search for an confiscate weapons is going to be largely ignored. Ban whatever you want. You don't have the resources to enforce it. The people who own contraband will just go underground.

Yes, you're right about how the media will portray you if you resist. But, the truth will be revealed for those who actually want to know truth. And, what the media says won't bring back the dead. Cops who get killed will be a wake up call for other cops who want to go home to their wife and kids at the end of their shift. Perhaps some of them will start refusing these orders if enough cops die for nothing.

If youre going to resist when/if they come for your weapons, use twitter and periscope the whole ordeal. Itll be live for the whole world to see and the media cant spin it. Once you stop the live periscope, itll still be on your timeline as well, giving people time to download the video beforentwotter nukes your account

^^^ I am just not comfortable with online petitions Bird

You surely realize that the NSA (and possibly the department of homeland security and FBI) probably has an extensive profile on you already... They know more about you than you do.

They already know your real name, your email address, all of your phone numbers, age, height, weight, hair and eye color, your home address and other properties owned, your family members names, your political affiliation, etc.. Nothing is secret anymore.

So it's a little late to be paranoid about the federal government having your info. They know full well who owns the guns in this country. Especially the ATF, since they're digitizing all of the records turned in by firearms dealers that have closed up shop. And since the FBI started it's life as a lying, corrupt organization, you really think they haven't retained background check information on every gun purchase?

Come on man. It's time to see all of these agencies for what they really are, and what they really do. They've always existed as information and dirt gathering organizations for the federal government.

It's too late to be worried or paranoid.

You surely realize that the NSA (and possibly the department of homeland security and FBI) probably has an extensive profile on you already... They know more about you than you do.

They already know your real name, your email address, all of your phone numbers, age, height, weight, hair and eye color, your home address and other properties owned, your family members names, your political affiliation, etc.. Nothing is secret anymore.

So it's a little late to be paranoid about the federal government having your info. They know full well who owns the guns in this country. Especially the ATF, since they're digitizing all of the records turned in by firearms dealers that have closed up shop. And since the FBI started it's life as a lying, corrupt organization, you really think they haven't retained background check information on every gun purchase?

Come on man. It's time to see all of these agencies for what they really are, and what they really do. They've always existed as information and dirt gathering organizations for the federal government.

I am not paranoid at all. I just get sick of spam email and robo calls. I could give 2 poops at who knows what about me.

If all of that is true, I wonder why the government is so powerless against gangs, corruption, drug trafficking, prostitution, kidnapping, terrorism, murder, mayhem, violence, etcetera. You mean they're collecting all that data for the sole purpose of subjugating law-abiding gun owners and innocent citizens?

If all of that is true, I wonder why the government is so powerless against gangs, corruption, drug trafficking, prostitution, kidnapping, terrorism, murder, mayhem, violence, etcetera. You mean they're collecting all that data for the sole purpose of subjugating law-abiding gun owners and innocent citizens?

Presumably its all just war with Eastasia

If all of that is true, I wonder why the government is so powerless against gangs, corruption, drug trafficking, prostitution, kidnapping, terrorism, murder, mayhem, violence, etcetera.

Job and financial security, without a war, conflict, or criminals they lose power and control and more importantly lose a huge revenue stream. It's no secret that police departments and municipalities depend upon the revenue from criminal activities to sustain them and allow them to grow in size with every growing perks.

Ok, I won't bother anyone on this forum anymore with petitions.

Enjoy your rights while they last.

:geek:

If rights are going to be lost or preserved an online petition isn't going to make a difference

The facts is, you don't know that, and you never will. None of us can predict the future or what will actually make a difference, but one can surmise that if we don't let our voices be heard in whatever way we can, we won't have our rights for long..

Ok, I won't bother anyone on this forum anymore with petitions.

Enjoy your rights while they last.

:geek:

If rights are going to be lost or preserved an online petition isn't going to make a difference

The facts is, you don't know that, and you never will. None of us can predict the future or what will actually make a difference, but one can surmise that if we don't let our voices be heard in whatever way we can, we won't have our rights for long..

Petitions are one thing, but online petitions aren't worth the paper they are printed on

"If all of that is true, I wonder why the government is so powerless against gangs, corruption, drug trafficking, prostitution, kidnapping, terrorism, murder, mayhem, violence, etcetera. You mean they're collecting all that data for the sole purpose of subjugating law-abiding gun owners and innocent citizens?" - Soylentgreen

All of those items you list above - Are EXACTLY where the Government wants them to be.

Do you really believe that if the Government 'wanted' to stop the gangs, that they wouldn't? But they don't. The gangs existence gives the Government more fuel for their fleecing of the productive citizen through ever-increasing taxes, for an ever-increasing, bloated, Governmental entity. Federal/State/City/County, they are all the same. Same for almost everything you listed, If the government had ANY interest in stopping that crap, it would be stopped.

Just my humble opinion. I hope everyone is having an Outstanding Evening.

I came here with a petition from the Firearms Policy Coalition a week ago and no one wanted to sign it because "I don't want tha gubment havin mah email address"

Even though ALL emails are no longer private to begin with. Not after the NDAA being signed in to law..

The GOA and the FPC are both fighting these red flag laws. The sharks smell blood in the water with the NRA supporting these infringements..

Larue is also getting ready to file their lawsuit on the bump stock issue..

All people want to do these days is b*itch about legislation and not actually sign anything in the attempt to stop it. In that case, they all deserve exactly what they get. We have to stop arguing about what group does what and just start supporting and funding who is actually fighting on our behalf.

The NRA has lost a HUGE amount of money for the next decade over this stuff. Both the bump stock issue and the red flag laws.

When you find out that Wayne Lapierre's salary for 2016 was over 5 million dollars after retirement benefits and bonuses, it's easy to see the problem.

Can you post the petition again? Signing a petition is the least we can do. Gun owners in this state should be united now more than ever and get more involved. A lot of gun owners in Ohio got involved and were able to stop Bloomberg's confiscation law.

I also posted that I beacame a member of GOA and it's only $20 a year and everyone should become a member and they're the only no compromise lobby but got no replies.

The NRA will loose a lot of members and donations for compromising away our rights a piece at a time. We urgently need new leadership and they should stop running it to the ground and treating it like a corporation and squandering member's dues with multi million dollar salaries and expenses. Where is 400 million a year going when they don't have the money to even have a lobbyist for Illinois and Bloomberg is beating them at the state level? There's rumors of bankruptcy, really pathetic.

Who would have thought that the NRA would advocate for gun confiscation laws under the guise of safety. Do Cox and LaPierre comprehend what they're doing and the consequences and what will happen in the future? What happened to stand up and fight?Are they collaborating with Bloomberg? They have set a precedent and AR-15 rifles will be banned by a Democrat administration in the future, like bumpstocks with a change of definition and without Congress and red flag confiscation laws will be expanded to include neighbors and coworkers and social media posts and even starring now in Washington state after two years of being enacted.

They already falsely classify rifles and anything semi automatic even pistols and shotguns as machine guns "assault weapons" and have banned them in many places and have already proposed laws which will make gun purchase dependent on social media posts.

The legal system and the Constitution and your rights don't matter anymore and you're guilty until proven innocent now in America with secret proceedings and without having done anything wrong and or having been arrested or charged or found guilty. Hearsay is all it takes to get raided and killed like the guy in Maryland. And the NRA has the nerve to push this Unconstitutional laws and say is about safety with due process.

All someone or police have to say is "you're a danger to yourself or others" or you're suspected of being a danger to yourself self or others without proof. How do people defend themselves against the catch-all and tyrannical accusation of "being a threat to yourself and others" when they have guns? The people behind these laws are domestic enemies of the US Constitution and part of a conspiracy to deprive Americans of their rights and leave them defenseless and hate freedoms and want to control the people. They own the Federal Reserve and control the media and politicians and secret societies and want open borders etc. They are desperate to take the guns so they can complete their agenda and are turning this country upside down.

About 25 years ago, I had the opportunity to go from "annual" to Life", then, about 10 years later, to "Endowment". Because of their stance on CC vs. OC, I have not contributed any more to them, despite their frequent "raffles" and upgrade offers. I realize they are the "800 lb. gorilla" but their attitudes have let me down over the last 10 years. They "bend" too frequently for my taste but I'm not sure the SAF, GOA, etc., would be any better.

Archived