Taurus design flaw their TSS (Taurus Security System) lock can be picked in less than 1 minute.

borgranta

Taurus design flaw their TSS (Taurus Security System) lock can be picked in less than 1 minute. I have long suspected that it could be picked by the right sized tool but will not elaborate on the tool that I used on mine except to say a determined criminal that steals one that is locked can simply unlock it by simply picking it with the right sized tool. Anyone that is relying on the lock to prevent their kid(s) from using it or to prevent another prohibited person from using are risking a lot since it was first lock I have ever picked and it was too easy.

Welcome to reality... You're no longer a Liberal if you recognize the truth. Here is another truth. The regular trigger locks, guess what. They are incredibly easy to get off too. Keyed locks in general are there to keep only the honest people from getting into them. The guy that has no issue with breaking into your house, will have no problem with stealing your firearm. Then he will have next to no problem getting the trigger lock off. Criminals don't obey laws and they don't stay out of locked areas.

Taurus design flaw their TSS (Taurus Security System) lock can be picked in less than 1 minute. I have long suspected that it could be picked by the right sized tool but will not elaborate on the tool that I used on mine except to say a determined criminal that steals one that is locked can simply unlock it by simply picking it with the right sized tool. Anyone that is relying on the lock to prevent their kid(s) from using it or to prevent another prohibited person from using are risking a lot since it was first lock I have ever picked and it was too easy.

I'm not greatly concerned.

I have a Taurus revolver, with the lock in the hammer. I locked it once. "Oh, that's how it works." Then unlocked it and it's been in the down position ever since.

I don't think any of the build in gun locks are considered as absolute secuity.

Archived