HB4112 (Opponent)

Tracked here

Trigger Mod/Pre-Packaged Explosive

HB4117 (Opponent)

Tracked here

National Concealed Carry

HJR70 (Proponent)

Tracked here

I'm getting "error" messages from ILGA from all the witness slip links. Is it working for everyone else?

Here are some links:

Assault Weapons Ban

HB4107 (Opponent)

Tracked here

Bump Stock Ban

HB4112 (Opponent)

Tracked here

Trigger Mod/Pre-Packaged Explosive

HB4117 (Opponent)

Tracked here

National Concealed Carry

HJR70 (Proponent)

Tracked here

I'm getting "error" messages from ILGA from all the witness slip links. Is it working for everyone else?

I am getting the same message as of this morning. Links were working last night and it looks like a few of the antis' started submitting their own too.

Sent the following email to the aforementioned committe and my Rep (and Senator)

Esteemed Representatives,

I am writing this as a concerned citizen of Illinois and a Veteran of our armed forces. We are all shocked, angry and upset by recent events in Las Vegas, as well as every criminally caused death. However, that shock and anger should not make us create futile laws that will not stem these kind of criminal acts, and worse unconstitutionally curtail law-abiding citizen's inalienable right to bear arms. This is how fascist regimes start.

I speak directly to HB4107 primarily, but also HB4117, HB4112, HB4120 and SB1657. These bills will do nothing to stop criminal acts, only make legitimate lawful acts, criminal. Evil will find a way to do evil, plain and simple. A Truck was used to take and injure more lives in France, than the deranged shooter in Las Vegas did.

HB4112 is so poorly and loosely written, that it makes innocuous changes to a semi automatic rifle a felony. For instance, replacing a weapon's trigger with one with an easier pull, makes for a faster trigger pull, but nowhere approaching the rate of fire of an automatic weapon. But, as written in this bill it would be illegal. Installing a muzzle break on a weapon, which reduces the amount the barrel travels up after firing, and thus increases one's ability to get back on target quicker, which also means a more rapid rate of fire as a result, would also be illegal under this bill. Both of these items are used by competitive firearm shooters, target shooters, hunters and many law-abiding firearm owners. This bill is so easily open to misuse and application, it simply can't be passed.

HB4117 shares the same problem as HB4112. To whit, the verbiage in I-5, because of the following: "including, but not limited to:" means any change that allows one to pull the trigger faster could be illegal under this bill. Again, if I replace parts, or the whole trigger assembly to reduce the trigger pull strength needed, it would be a felony. This actually is sexist and discriminatory towards women, in that regard.

Both of those bills, I believe are well-intentioned, but they show a severe lack of knowledge of legitimate, legal uses of firearms, as well as their fundamental workings. They also make illegal much more than what I want to believe they aim to stop, i.e. making a semi-automatic rifle perform like an automatic weapon. They, as written, make illegal, legitimate, practices, changes and parts that just make a semi-automatic rifle easier to use for particular legitimate uses, while still being semi-automatic.

HB4107 is so rife with issues, that it essentially, makes all semi-automatic weapons illegal. This, IS completely unconstitutional. Like the other bills, it also shows a complete lack of understanding of firearms. Unlike the other bills, I don't think the consequences I'll speak of are unintentional. First it adds the same problematic trigger change clauses as the prior mentioned bills. But it goes further. Almost any semi-automatic shotgun, can take an extension magazine to extend it's capacity beyond 5 rounds. Thus this bill makes any semi-automatic shotgun, illegal. It also makes any handgun, with primarily all metal parts, i.e. no polymer, potentially illegal, as they all have a 'shroud' that protects the hand from the barrel, and could potentially weigh more than 50 oz unloaded. Mostly Polymer handguns, unloaded can weigh 32-40 oz. This bill also directly aims at making weapons known as AR15s, AK-74s, all semi-automatic weapons, just completely illegal. 10 round limits are useless. Switching magazines takes negligible time. Thus, this is not about safety, but about curtailing people's rights. Like many laws of it's kind, it will put these weapons only into the hands of criminals. And, for what good? It is also completely unconstitutional.

The 2nd amendment guarantees our right to bear arms, i.e. the right to defend our home and hearth, This also includes being the final check and balance to our Government, should it become tyrannical. Both, the first and 2nd amendments were put in for this purpose. As such, attempts to outlaw, directly, or indirectly, classes of firearms, like an AR-15, or AK-74 and similar, is patently unconstitutional. It is also not the government's place to tell citizens how they can exercise their 2nd amendment rights.

SB1657 appears to be an end-around attempt to just completely remove the ability of people to buy firearms. As written, it can easily be abused to make it so that there are no legal dealers in the state, plain and simple.

These bills must not pass. They will not stop criminal acts involving guns. They only serve to infringe on law-abiding citizen's constitutionally guaranteed and protected inalienable rights to bear arms.

Cybermgk (and other folks too)

I sure appreciate your taking initiative and sending letters to our representatives. That said, poking holes in bad law, and explaining why it's bad sometimes is contrary to the fight. It gives the opposition time to fix the holes and language instead of it becoming toxic in committee under discussion. Please, allow our trusted leadership (ISRA,NRA,IC,GSL) to do the hole poking and explaining at the right time. We've been as successful as we have been because of our ability to coordinate measured responses to threats facing our rights.

Going forward give them the mushroom treatment...feed them crap and keep them in the dark...while expressing support or dissent with our representatives.

I'm not staff here, so yeah, I need to stay in my lane...but this is so important I can't just say nothing either.

Thanks again for being active in our fight.

Cybermgk (and other folks too)

I sure appreciate your taking initiative and sending letters to our representatives. That said, poking holes in bad law, and explaining why it's bad sometimes is contrary to the fight. It gives the opposition time to fix the holes and language instead of it becoming toxic in committee under discussion. Please, allow our trusted leadership (ISRA,NRA,IC,GSL) to do the hole poking and explaining at the right time. We've been as successful as we have been because of our ability to coordinate measured responses to threats facing our rights.

Going forward give them the mushroom treatment...feed them crap and keep them in the dark...while expressing support or dissent with our representatives.

I'm not staff here, so yeah, I need to stay in my lane...but this is so important I can't just say nothing either.

Thanks again for being active in our fight.

Point taken

Archived