Moving

Ukiechef

That sucks. I took the IL class it should still stay valid. I still have family here so I would be coming back. What should I expect from the craphole of a state

You are escaping the asylum bankrupt mess of ILLannoy, and you're worried about this? Count your blessings! Escape is ONE. There will be many more!

That sucks. I took the IL class it should still stay valid. I still have family here so I would be coming back. What should I expect from the craphole of a state

You are escaping the asylum bankrupt mess of ILLannoy, and you're worried about this? Count your blessings! Escape is ONE. There will be many more!

"Escape in=s ONE" and a big one... In may, we will be leaving Illinois and all of its financial and political issues for sunny, Seabrook Island South Carolina. I will be more tghan happy to give up mu IL license for a SC license.

BTW

Q. How can I find out if my state's laws are considered "substantially similar?"

A. The Illinois State Police sent a survey to each state to determine which of them has laws that are substantially similar. Currently, the only states considered to be substantially similar are Arkansas, Mississippi, Texas and Virginia

We will be moving to the foothills of the Smokies in eastern Tennessee in a few months. Lifetime CCL is $300 and the state legislature is almost 80% GOP, along with top state offices. Oh.....and no income tax.

Just hoping we can get out before ILLannoy starts charging exit fees........

It will be Florida. Which is pro 2a. But my family will stay here and I'll be coming back at times to visit them. So I'd still like to carry when I'm here. That's why I was asking
Yep I'm in the same boat. I have a condo in Florida and family here. 10 years I'll be a permanent resident of FL. Unless constitutional carry comes about, I'm also stuck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

When I got my FL drivers license the State of ILLnoise wasted precious little time telling me I had to mail my CCL and FOID to Springfield. They didn't ask for my wife's FOID but I sent it anyway.

IIRC they threatened local LE enforcement arrest if I didn't comply within a certain time period.

Isn't it wonderful Gestapo reasoning that I was OK to carry daily as a resident but they would not entertain the idea of allowing me to carry as a non resident? The short answer is they don't have to so they don't.

Get out while you can friends. You don't have to live with stupid gun laws and high taxes.

Illinois highest export is Currently people. Pure and simple when I moved to town I live in now little over 3 Years ago from Pontiac that's turning into Democratic city btw. I couldn't get a dang uhual for almost anything I put in my order for local move 2 months in advance and they still couldn't get me one. Wasn't until I called Bloomington/Normal Uhaul place they said I could use it but it had to be clean fueled back by a certain time or charge me a weeks rental on it. Tell you what its hard to load up uhaul and unload in under 12 hours with just me and the wife.

When I got my FL drivers license the State of ILLnoise wasted precious little time telling me I had to mail my CCL and FOID to Springfield. They didn't ask for my wife's FOID but I sent it anyway.

IIRC they threatened local LE enforcement arrest if I didn't comply within a certain time period.

Isn't it wonderful Gestapo reasoning that I was OK to carry daily as a resident but they would not entertain the idea of allowing me to carry as a non resident? The short answer is they don't have to so they don't.

Get out while you can friends. You don't have to live with stupid gun laws and high taxes.

I can second this. Once we got our Kansas DL's after our move, Illinois wasted no time.

Bri

I can second this. Once we got our Kansas DL's after our move, Illinois wasted no time.

Bri

I thought you could surrender them to Local PD? Is that not the case anymore?

On my way out of IL I stopped by the DMV to turn in my IL State ID, as I had already changed my DL. They looked at me and said we don't take those back here, it will just expire. That was at the Belvidere IL DMV. When I got my IA CCW I asked the IA sheriff if per IL they would take my FOID, they laughed and said the next time I was in IL I should stick it up Madigan's a** and consider it returned.

On my way out of IL I stopped by the DMV to turn in my IL State ID, as I had already changed my DL. They looked at me and said we don't take those back here, it will just expire. That was at the Belvidere IL DMV. When I got my IA CCW I asked the IA sheriff if per IL they would take my FOID, they laughed and said the next time I was in IL I should stick it up Madigan's a** and consider it returned.

That's funny If I ever leave this state I am personally go to the State house and ask for 5 min of floor time or ask one of the republicans to get me it. I will then state Madigan can suck a big apple in the nicest of terms......

Bri

I thought you could surrender them to Local PD? Is that not the case anymore?

Maybe, not really sure if that was in the letter, but I doubt my county sheriff wants anything to do with it because as far as they're concerned it is BS. My local sheriff encourages carry.

I heard a figure bantied about that Illinois looses 8000 people a month. At first I thought that seemed a little high but with the inrush of illegal aliens, that may indeed be the case. Once the bond rating crashes, credit will be non existent. Property taxes will skyrocket and values will tank. Get out while you still can get a fair price for your property.

BTW my Illinois drivers license, foid and ccl are in a drawer in the dresser. No one ever requested any of it. Here in Michigan, we have reasonable property taxes, favorable gun laws, and term limited politicians.

Archived