Renewal Process - GSL

Craigcelia

Noticed that renewing early from a March 2019 expiration date short-cycles us; I'm now active as of 6 Dec 2018 and expire on 6 Dec 2023. I had hoped for early renewal and keeping my March date, rather than losing 3 months just for taking the precautionary measure of applying early. I might as well have just applied the day before my expiration...

Good to see they are going active in the short amount of time. Unfortunately we live in a state that you never know when things will go south when it comes to gun rights. Delay, technical issue, lawyers, cpu crashes, politicians etc... I would rather get my renewal in 3 months before expiration and give a big sigh of relief when its in my hands...... Its very sad, but true.

Applied for Concealed Carry License renewal online on 11/12/2018

Renewal license issue date is 12/06/2018 and expires 12/06/2023. My original license had a march expiration date, so applying for renewal prior to the end of your current license term will end your current license term on the day ISP processes your license renewal and marks it active.

Envelope from ISP Division of Administration Firearm Services Bureau containing my new license was postmarked 12/07/2018

New license received in mail today, 12/12/2018

Comeon guys -- what you want a scan or something??? If no one else gets their's today I'll do it.
I'm just mostly kidding because I wouldn't have put it past the ISP to deliver a letter saying expect your new license in a couple of months.

Unfortunately for me, my mail carrier has a mental defect that constantly delivers to wrong addresses. On top of that, I must be among the last houses on the route because my mail doesn't arrive until after dark.

Or maybe reason one has something to do with reason two.

As long as it arrives today and isn't found burning in a pile of mail underneath someone's porch, I'll be happy.

Congrats on being first.

Just a follow up- What is everyone going to do with their original license? Frame it, shred it? I’m thinking of keeping mine locked in my car’s gun box as a backup for the next 3 months. If someone wants to start a forum on this question, please feel free

It can't be a backup. Once your new one goes active the original will be void.

I received my new license today, and got screwed out of 3 months by applying early. I might as well have just applied the day before I expired. Any explanation why early appliers get shorted just by being cautious? I don't believe we do in early applications for a driver's license, so why the difference? Seem like a petty deterrent to applying ahead of time to be on the safe side...

I just received my renewal CCL in the mail today.

• Application date - 11/04/2018
  • Received in mail date - 12/12/2018

I am very impressed at the ability of the ISP to turn this around so fast!

Just a follow up- What is everyone going to do with their original license? Frame it, shred it? I’m thinking of keeping mine locked in my car’s gun box as a backup for the next 3 months. If someone wants to start a forum on this question, please feel free

Wifes new ccl has same number as original. Why would the original not still be good?

A lost or stolen CCL must be reported within 10 days of discovering the loss. A card that is reported as lost or stolen immediately becomes invalid. That "backup" would be of little value.

I do not see any mention on whether the licensee could continue to CC. One can carry on an expired card, if an application has been made prior to the expiration date. I think that the same right would apply

to a lost or stolen card, but am not sure.

"(430 ILCS 66/55)

Sec. 55. Change of address or name; lost, destroyed, or stolen licenses.

(a) A licensee shall notify the Department within 30 days of moving or changing residence or any change of name. The licensee shall submit the requisite fee and the Department may require a notarized statement that the licensee has changed his or her residence or his or her name, including the prior and current address or name and the date the applicant moved or changed his or her name.

(b ) A licensee shall notify the Department within 10 days of discovering that a license has been lost, destroyed, or stolen. A lost, destroyed, or stolen license is invalid. To request a replacement license, the licensee shall submit:

(1) a notarized statement that the licensee no longer possesses the license, and that it was lost, destroyed, or stolen;

(2) if applicable, a copy of a police report stating that the license was stolen; and

(3) the requisite fee.

(c ) A violation of this Section is a petty offense with a fine of $150 which shall be deposited into the Mental Health Reporting Fund.

(Source: P.A. 98-63, eff. 7-9-13; 99-29, eff. 7-10-15.)"

Sec 70: "

(c ) A license is invalid upon expiration of the license, unless the licensee has submitted an application to renew the license, and the applicant is otherwise eligible to possess a license under this Act".

Did the new FOID come automatically or did you separately apply for renewal?

Apparently the ISP is sending out new FOIDs with the new design and new hologram when we renew our CCL. The new FOIDs and CCLs have the same number.

The issue date for both is the same, 12/06/2018 in my case. The expiration date of the new FOID is the same as the replaced card, 2020 for mine. It is not a renewal of the FOID.

My renewed CCL and redesigned FOID came in separate mailings a couple of days apart. I do not know if the ISP will automatically replacing FOID cards for those holders who

do not have a CCL renewing.

Archived