HB4715 - Firearms Registration

Glock23

It works now. I can't imagine that this is going to float, but I'm sure we're gonna have to stay on top of it.

And, Rep. Cassidy? We effectively get a new background check rerun EVERY NIGHT whether we own a firearm or not. WE DON'T NEED more background checks. And no, the state has no compelling interest or need to know which firearms were lost in that tragic boating accident last year.

In the immortal words of Bill the Cat: "THPTPTH"

Wow. That's rich. So, if I read it correctly, after I have gone through the background check to get a FOID, and yet another when I bought the firearm. I have to go through another in order to register firearms I already have. To boot, If I go to the range with a buddy and he has a .45, I can't buy ammo to shoot for it because I don't own a .45. This lady is a piece of work.These people have no clue.....how do they continue to get ELECTED!!!!!

You guys seem to miss THIS: "...has applied to register a SIUTABLE firearm under the Act".

How much you wanna bet she wants to start a LIST, like Chicago had, of "unsafe firearms" meaning you can only buy handguns, etc. that are on their "good list".

So how many votes to make this law?

...I'm good with readin', bad with legalin'...!

You guys seem to miss THIS: "...has applied to register a SIUTABLE firearm under the Act".

How much you wanna bet she wants to start a LIST, like Chicago had, of "unsafe firearms" meaning you can only buy handguns, etc. that are on their "good list".

The suitability refers to the ammunition matching the firearm.

Todd's post nailed it , though.

As I understand it would have a LONG way to go to even be considered for law. I think there is 0 chance this will fly, but it just gets under my skin that they think this garbage would even remotely make this a "safer" place. In my opinion there are some issues that I can understand why the antis feel their way. I don't agree with them but i can draw the conclusion that they think it will make a difference even though they are wrong. Then there are bills like these that seem like they are just blatantly disregarding the 2A as if it never existed..

The suitability refers to the ammunition matching the firearm.

Todd's post nailed it , though.

Oh, so Todd's not yawning at ME, rather at this subject? Ha, ha...!

no the bill. Buys, relax. be nice. be nice until I tell you it time NOt to be nice. . . .

do thr youtube search, I don;t want to post it here

roadhouse be nice. look for the 1:07 version

The Backroom may be good for posting that?

Nope assume the enemy also reads here. Just wait until Todd says he needs our help with sumptin and then jump in and cover his 6.

Creates the Firearms Registration Act. Provides that every person in the State must register each firearm he or she owns or possesses in accordance with the Act. Provides that a person shall not purchase or possess ammunition within this State without having first obtained a registration certificate identifying a firearm that is suitable for use with that ammunition, or a receipt demonstrating that the person has applied to register a suitable firearm under the Act and that the application is pending. Provides that the Department of State Police must complete a background check of any person who applies for: (1) a registration certificate for a firearm that was lawfully owned or possessed on the effective date of the Act, was brought into the State by a new resident, or was acquired by operation of law upon the death of the former owner; or (2) a renewal of a registration certificate unless, within 12 months of the date the renewal application is submitted, the applicant passed a background check conducted by the Department in connection with the applicant's acquisition of another firearm. Provides exceptions. Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Provides that it is a Class 2 felony to sell or transfer ownership of a firearm to another person without complying with the registration requirement of the Firearms Registration Act.

So basically it's redoubling the BGC we already go through being FOID holders.

Good old Kelly.

Why is she trying to further restrict the best self defense devices available to LGBT folks?

Posted · Hidden by mauserme, February 7, 2014 at 06:23 AM - No reason given
Hidden by mauserme, February 7, 2014 at 06:23 AM - No reason given
They are just _issy Wet from us Winning Concealed carry . Before I register anything already registered to me I would rather become a Felon and Take my Chance in court . Kind of like what is happening in Connecticut Most have ignored the law .
If anyone will be against this it will be ISP, they got so much heat from the FOID mess, now it's trying to get the CCW licenses out and the last thing they will want to do is dive right into is registering EVERY gun in the whole state which will be near impossible. Kelly Cassidy is trying to earn some Rahm / Madigan brownie points with this garbage. Still we need to make sure her push towards a gun free communist utopia gets nowhere fast.

Archived