Call to Action 3/10/2019 - Phone Calls & Witness Slips Needed!

mauserme

Junglebob said, in part, Maybe the list of Senators to call should have their district and party behind their name. I'm calling upstate democrats first.

I agree. Furthermore, where they stand on an issue would make it easier to know whether to thank or admonish them when you call.

On a different subject, is there a way to be notified when there is a "Call to Action, Phone Calls and Witness Slips Needed", i.e. text, email, etc? I don't spend a ton of time on the message board. Luckily, I caught this one and set in all of the witness slips.

On a different subject, is there a way to be notified when there is a "Call to Action, Phone Calls and Witness Slips Needed", i.e. text, email, etc? I don't spend a ton of time on the message board. Luckily, I caught this one and set in all of the witness slips.

I assume this still works to subscribe to alerts. If not, mauserme should be able to get you on it.

http://illinoiscarry.com/subscribe_donate.html

I assume this still works to subscribe to alerts. If not, mauserme should be able to get you on it.

http://illinoiscarry.com/subscribe_donate.html

Funny timing, I just donated after asking my question.

Funny timing, I just donated after asking my question.

Thank you.

On that same page, make sure you subscribe to our email list, too. Other options would be to follow us on Facebook or on Twitter.

Thanks man. Did the email. I'm not on FB or Twitter enough to receive timely notifications. In a perfect world, text would be best.

Thanks Again.

BD

I filed for all of them. It's looking like it ranges from the 804 to over 1,262 opponents for every one of those bills, and between 1 (HB3510) and 242 proponents (HB2254), with only two of the bills having more than 10 proponents (HB 3553 has 237 proponents to 1,084 opponents).

Those 200+ proponent bills are, in my recollection, an extreme anomaly, because usually all of the anti-firearm bills get only a couple of handfuls of proponent witness slips, whereas the opponent witness slips always number in the hundreds if not well above a thousand.

That being said, with literally often as much as a thousand times more opponents to these egregious Constitutional violations of legislative garbage, how much weight does filing witness slips actually have? Especially in a political environment where there are anti-firearm super-majorities in both the state Senate and House, as well as a Democratic governor?

Are witness slips actually counted for anything at all?

I filed for all of them. It's looking like it ranges from the 804 to over 1,262 opponents for every one of those bills, and between 1 (HB3510) and 242 proponents (HB2254), with only two of the bills having more than 10 proponents (HB 3553 has 237 proponents to 1,084 opponents).

Those 200+ proponent bills are, in my recollection, an extreme anomaly, because usually all of the anti-firearm bills get only a couple of handfuls of proponent witness slips, whereas the opponent witness slips always number in the hundreds if not well above a thousand.

That being said, with literally often as much as a thousand times more opponents to these egregious Constitutional violations of legislative garbage, how much weight does filing witness slips actually have? Especially in a political environment where there are anti-firearm super-majorities in both the state Senate and House, as well as a Democratic governor?

We’ll find out soon enough.....

We’ll find out soon enough.....

But seriously, do opponent witness slips in the hundreds and hundreds, and the overwhelming majority of times out pacing proponent slips by orders of magnitude, have ANY influence on this kind of legislation?

I fear that they do not, and if that's the case, then I think something should be done about this, legally if possible.

On a different note, there is a member here who is actively working to subvert the efforts of IlCarry in promoting the filing witness slips. This member is NOT a friend of the Second Amendment and is active in the anti crowd including moms demand action.

I'm aware of what you're speaking of. Let's leave those sorts of problems to the moderators.

I called the first three on the list. Left voicemails for Mulroe, and Crowe. I got through to Gillespie's office. Spoke with a nice lady and explained my opposition to the AWB. Everyone else here please start calling if you haven't already. To those here that have never called to express opposition to a bill, in my experience the assistants answering have been more than happy to listen. I was half expecting to be arguing with anti-gun zealots, but that hasn't been the case.

I called the first three on the list. Left voicemails for Mulroe, and Crowe. I got through to Gillespie's office. Spoke with a nice lady and explained my opposition to the AWB. Everyone else here please start calling if you haven't already. To those here that have never called to express opposition to a bill, in my experience the assistants answering have been more than happy to listen. I was half expecting to be arguing with anti-gun zealots, but that hasn't been the case.

I called everyone and most have assistants on voicemail. Did get to talk to a couple 'live' people and all 4 were very courteous and wanted to know more. Took awhile going through the list but well worth it.

I think that a lot of folks think that the phones are answered by anti gunners, and fear making calls. Typically, the people that answer the phones are just there to feel out the constituents, not to push an agenda.

Posted · Hidden by mauserme, March 12, 2019 at 07:31 PM - No reason given
Hidden by mauserme, March 12, 2019 at 07:31 PM - No reason given

I must have missed the list of bills to be a proponent of. They are here along with the bills to be an opponent listed again

https://www.gunrights4illinois.com/blog/2019-active-witness-slips-your-action-needed/?fbclid=IwAR3YlBKd_lwjl3mLPiPwmo3jD4P4UDE2NXswdOFIB2EoVfc5lJOy7LHHHXo

Archived