INTRO TO DEFENSIVE CARBINE (Rocco) 4/16

Rockdiver

INTRO TO DEFENSIVE CARBINE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=A0JoGdYCVRM

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/ROCKDIVER338/MIKEBRASS2-1.jpg

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/ROCKDIVER338/20140622_185952.jpg

WE NOW ALSO RENT "CHICAGO AR" PISTOLS!!!!!!!

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/ROCKDIVER338/Mobile%20Uploads/20150412_210801_1.jpg

YOU DO NOT NEED A RIFLE. WE HAVE 11 RENTAL RIFLES AVAILABLE IN DIFFERENT CONFIGURATIONS AND WITH DIFFERENT OPTICS. YOU DO NOT NEED ANY RIFLE EXPERIENCE BEYOND SAFETY.

VENUE:

BLACK FLAG FIREARMS TRAINING

PRIVATE RANGE

OSWEGO IL

8:30AM TO 5:30PM

**THIS COURSE IS LIMITED TO 10 PERSONS**
PREPAYMENT IS REQUIRED

Course will cover:
  • BREAKDOWN AND FUNCTION
  • OPTICS CONSIDERATIONS
  • ESTABLISHING COMBAT ZERO
  • VARIABLE DISTANCE DRILLS
  • RAPID RELOAD/ MALFUNCTION DRILLS
  • MOVEMENT
  • USE OF COVER
  • TRANSITIONS TO SIDEARM
  • ADDITIONAL MOVEMENT DRILLS (ABILITY DEPENDENT)
********We will provide Lunch, Water, Gatorade, Shade, tarps for prone, and spiral bound course handouts.********

For IC members:

WE WILL ALSO PROVIDE WEAPON RENTALS @ 50.00 PER DAY TO ANY STUDENT/ W MAGAZINES + SLING + BELT MOUNTED MAG POUCHES.

YOU WILL NEED:

RIFLE AMMO>>>>>300 ROUNDS .223REM OR 5.56MM (factory only for rentals) (no tracer or incendiary, AP must be declared and cannot be used on steel reactive targets)

PISTOL AMMO>>>>50 ROUNDS
  • SUNBLOCK
  • PERSONAL SEATING
  • AR-15 RIFLE WITH 3 MAGS AND A SLING
  • SIDEARM W/ STRONGSIDE OWB HOLSTER
  • ABILITY TO CARRY 2 SPARE MAGS ( BDU POCKETS OK, VEST/ BELT POUCHES ARE EASIER)
  • ANY OTHER PERSONAL EQUIPMENT

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/ROCKDIVER338/HUSBANDLOWPS%20copy.jpg

REGISTER AT WWW.BLACKFLAGTRAINING.COM

OR

EMAIL AT: ROCCO@BLACKFLAGTRAINING.COM

CALL: 847-561-6030

Rocco

send all these people to infantry basic training they will get what they need there lol.

No they won't. I'm a former Marine 0311. We also weren't taught it in SOI (School of Infantry). SOI, as I recall it, was a lot of hikes, MOUT training (now referred to as CQB/CQC), learning how to setup claymore mines, cover, concealment, camouflage, how to dig a proper foxhole, the importance of staying awake all night (so that your rifle isn't grabbed and thrown, and you then end up having to find it without a flashlight), what to do if an airplane swoops down at you and shoots, and how to lift a teammate onto an elevated position. I've also been through Rocco's defensive rifle course. Some of the things Rocco teaches isn't taught until you get to your unit and there is time to slow things down so that you learn how to do it properly. Oh, and you don't have to worry about airplanes and claymores in Rocco's course. They're daytime only courses, too.

send all these people to infantry basic training they will get what they need there lol.

What 4 days worth of rifle training is all you need?

4 days? must be some POG training. go to infantry school and report back on how many weeks you train with a rifle lol.

Yes, yes. We can see that you are super cool.

A tier 1 operator, no doubt. But, alas that is not the path for some. Most combat soldiers who have been off FOB would be appalled at the thought of standing on line with folks who did not want to be there.....

I have trained MANY prior military, and have trained MANY young men and women who would be tossing that particular ball around in their near future through my local lodge.

By and large, the handling skills of prior service members were not exceptional. There was a great variance in demonstrable ability, and with pistols.....well....you were presumably there so you know where that is going.

Overall, no guarantees....you assuming so is like someone ASSUMING that all LE are door kicking, fence jumping, ninjas because they went through the acadamy.

Lol

Plenty of threads for you to crap in pal...

Thank you for your service.

? must be some POG training. go to infantry school and report back on how many weeks you train with a rifle lol.Yes, yes. We can see that you are super cool.

A tier 1 operator, no doubt. But, alas that is not the path for some. Most combat soldiers who have been off FOB would be appalled at the thought of standing on line with folks who did not want to be there.....

I have trained MANY prior military, and have trained MANY young men and women who would be tossing that particular ball around in their near future through my local lodge.

By and large, the handling skills of prior service members were not exceptional. There was a great variance in demonstrable ability, and with pistols.....well....you were presumably there so you know where that is going.

Overall, no guarantees....you assuming so is like someone ASSUMING that all LE are door kicking, fence jumping, ninjas because they went through the acadamy.

Lol

Plenty of threads for you to crap in pal...

Thank you for your service.

didn't realize your feelings could be hurt so easily. I was simply joking. obviously the infantry is not for everyone.

1st of all it was my feelings that where hurt. But not for the reasons you think. I shoot 3gun all summer long and some of the very best guys in 3gun are former or current MIL/LE. The Army Marksmanship Unit is just truly awesome to watch. So some of the very best shooters I have seen and know are former MIL. Having said that none of them learned that in in infantry basic training.

Also most of the people who have graduated from those schools of thought tend to think they are advanced with a rifle, which in most cases is not true unless they took additional training. So maybe 3% are some of the best I have ever seen and 97% are no better then most people who come to a class. All of them have my respect for risking their lives for our country.

Also for everyone who says 3gun has no relationship to the MIL the current best overall 3gun shooter is an AMU instructor and has won the Army sniper competition 3 years running. His job is to train MIL to shoot better and he is paid to shoot full time. It is truly a pleasure to watch him shoot and I will never even be close to his skills.

Joking or not, threadcrapping on a business thread is not right. It's one thing if I post a thread about getting better with a rifle, and someone posts something sarcastic or joking, but doing it on a thread where a person is trying to conduct business is pretty unthoughtful.

Sorry for the derail Rocco. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

Ack....I'm so tempted, but I don't have an OWB for my Shield. Maybe next year.

I can loan you a gun for this as well. I have many choices but the only SW I have is a .22. On the other hand I have a very nice XD with a good OWB holster and mag pouches. heck I will even lone you a rifle as well I have a very nice 16 inch. Just let me know.

I may be able to make the 16th I have no 3 gun that weekend so I should be good.

Ack....I'm so tempted, but I don't have an OWB for my Shield. Maybe next year.

I can loan you a gun for this as well. I have many choices but the only SW I have is a .22. On the other hand I have a very nice XD with a good OWB holster and mag pouches. heck I will even lone you a rifle as well I have a very nice 16 inch. Just let me know.

I may be able to make the 16th I have no 3 gun that weekend so I should be good.

Rocco said he's OK with me going IWB so I'll stick with my Shield. Thank you for the offer, though!

Your rifle, on the other hand...I know next to nothing about them. Is your 16" light?

Archived