Walmart Concealed Carry prohibited sign

mjw45

Not a real abduction? I put my kids in the trunk to teach them how to escape but somehow, I don't think this is the same.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/21/woman-seen-trying-to-escape-from-trunk-at-virginia-walmart-before-men-force-her-back-in.html

Police in Virginia say a woman believed to have been abducted outside a Walmart was found safe Monday night after what officers are calling a "planned hoax."

Chesterfield County Police tweeted that the female, who was seemingly kidnapped in the parking lot of a Supercenter Sunday night, "walked into the Hull Street Police Station this evening (May 21) after seeing herself on local media outlets," and was "safe and unharmed."

Police said surveillance footage captured the female, who's now "safe and unharmed," escaping the vehicle and running away from a group of men, who seemingly forced her back into the car.

She showed up at the station with "one of the men involved in this incident," police said.

Authorities previously alerted that around 9 p.m. on Sunday witnesses reported seeing what appeared to be an abduction.

Bystanders said that a four-door seafoam green sedan with Virginia license plates and two different kinds of hubcaps pulled up outside the store. As a man approached the car and opened one of its doors, "a female jumped out of the trunk and fled."

The department wrote on Facebook that two men got out of the car and chased after the woman, described as black and between the ages of 15 and 20 years old with her hair pulled back.

The men caught the woman, "who struggled as they forced her through the parking lot and back into the vehicle," police said, before they drove quickly from the scene.

• 3 weeks later...

I was afraid this thread died.

Unpossible. That's a "word" I heard at Walmart while checking out with the self scanner rig. The guy on the next one over had to call for help because the barcode wasn't legible on something he had and it was "unpossible" to scan. I'm blaming public schools for that one.

Unpossible. That's a "word" I heard at Walmart while checking out with the self scanner rig. The guy on the next one over had to call for help because the barcode wasn't legible on something he had and it was "unpossible" to scan. I'm blaming public schools for that one.

With everything going on, I almost FORGOT about it. Must make a sacrifice to the WM Gods and Godesses!

I was blaming society and modern culture for the devolving of the english language into text style shortcuts, ie LOL, WTH, TEOTWAWKI, and then I heard myself telling my wife "M R 2 snakes!"

I was blaming society and modern culture for the devolving of the english language into text style shortcuts, ie LOL, WTH, TEOTWAWKI, and then I heard myself telling my wife "M R 2 snakes!"

L I B M R snakes !

Man suspected of defrauding more than 1,000 Walmarts arrested

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/06/16/man-suspected-defrauding-more-than-1-000-walmarts-arrested/707691002/

A man suspected of defrauding more than 1,000 Walmart stores across the country by purchasing computers, stealing parts, then returning them was arrested in Yuma, Arizona on suspicion of trying to pull off the same scam at a store there, officials said

2 shot in Walmart lot in Homewood

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-walmart-shooting-20180625-story.html

Homewood Police said they have persons of interest in custody following a shooting Sunday outside a Walmart in that suburb in which two people were injured.

Police, in a news release, said the shooting happened following a “physical fight” that involved “several individuals” outside the gas station at the store, 17550 S. Halsted St.

Officers responded shortly after 8 p.m. to Walmart for a report of a disturbance with shots fired and found two people with gunshot injuries. Police said the injuries did not appear to be life-threatening.

• 3 weeks later...

A Walmart customer wanti to buy ammo takes matters into his own hands.

You know the feeling when you need something from the ammo case and no one is there to help you.

This customer grabbed the intercom in a Walmart and made viral history.

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/walmart-sporting-goods-section-customer-takes-matters-into-his-own-hands/amp/

• 3 weeks later...

http://abc13.com/sheriff-man-stuffed-steaks-in-pants-fled-walmart-on-moped/3855094/

A police report states the man said he was too poor to pay for the food and wanted to have a cookout. Jordan claimed he planned to sell rest of the steaks.

When officers asked why he didn't put the steaks back when a loss prevention officer caught him stealing, Jordan answered, "I was embarrassed and didn't want to have to pull all of those steaks out of my pants in front of everybody."

• 2 weeks later...

Dangerous to shop there too. Glad he's a poor shot and a worse driver.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2018/08/15/several-injured-shootings-after-dispute-pennsylvania-walmart-checkout-line

WYNCOTE, Pa. — An armed Walmart customer opened fire during a dispute with another customer while checking out, wounding several people before fleeing the store near Philadelphia.

The suspect was later arrested after crashing into a squad car, police said Tuesday night.

The victims suffered injuries that weren't life-threatening in the shooting, reported just after 6 p.m. Tuesday in the crowded store at the Cedarbrook Plaza Shopping Center, Cheltenham Township Police Chief John Frye said.

Frye said the gunfire started after some type of argument between customers in separate lines near the cash register, when "words were exchanged" and the suspect pulled a gun from his female companion's waistband and fired "at least 10 shots."

Two women in their 40s and a man in his 40s were wounded in the legs and another person had a graze wound, while a fifth person later went to a hospital with unspecified injuries. In addition, a pregnant woman was taken to the hospital after a fall, the police chief said.

Frye said it wasn't immediately clear whether the person the man was arguing with was among the victims.

The male suspect and his female companion fled, tossing the gun from the car, but then ran into a police vehicle. Two officers whose vehicle was rear-ended were taken to hospitals along with the woman in the suspect's car, while the male suspect was also arrested after being hit with a stun gun when he tried to break the window of the police vehicle, a Philadelphia police spokesman said.

The officers, suspect and female passenger were in stable condition, he said.

Frye called the shooting a "very dangerous situation," given that it was a "very crowded Walmart, a lot of shots were low, the floor is hard ... there's a risk of ricochet."

More than 22 police departments were called to the scene, Frye said.

"We are relieved that an arrest has been made and thankful that injuries sustained by three of our associates and a customer are non-life-threatening. Local authorities acted quickly and did an outstanding job. Our focus remains on supporting our associates and continuing to assist law enforcement," Walmart spokesman Randy Hargrove said.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived