• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 02:07 PM

Thanks for the  info.

#1892 Xwing

• Members
  • 9,125 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 07:30 AM

I can't look through 63 pages of this thread, but I went to the Naperville Dick's today and it's NOT posted ! Has it never been or is this something new ? I purposely carried and was surprised.

Dicks usually isn't posted.  While they have taken an anti-gun stance (in regard to tactical rifles), I've never seen one that actually prohibits carry.  And instead of looking through 63 pages, check out the app in Android or iPhone / iPad, or use the online / lite version.  There are thousands of active entries, this thread is just one minor source.

NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
CCW - 50 State Firearm Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Gun Range Tools & Logs: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#1893 jawman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:58 PM

What are the penalties if someone is carrying in a place that is posted? I'm sure the penalty varies depending on the place: e.g. School, federal building, park, or a posted restaurant can't all be the same penalty.

Edited by jawman, 15 May 2019 - 07:59 PM.

Welcome to the internet, where everyone is an expert except you.

#1894 Euler

• Members
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:12 PM

What are the penalties if someone is carrying in a place that is posted? I'm sure the penalty varies depending on the place: e.g. School, federal building, park, or a posted restaurant can't all be the same penalty.

Except as otherwise provided, a licensee in violation of this Act shall be guilty of a Class B misdemeanor. A second or subsequent violation is a Class A misdemeanor. The Department may suspend a license for up to 6 months for a second violation and shall permanently revoke a license for 3 or more violations of Section 65 of this Act. Any person convicted of a violation under this Section shall pay a $150 fee to be deposited into the Mental Health Reporting Fund, plus any applicable court costs or fees.

Federally prohibited places gets you a felony first time.
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.

- Albert Camus, Resistance, Rebellion, and Death, 1960.

#1895 Euler

• Members
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:19 AM

Federally prohibited places gets you a felony first time.

Update: The Federal law is 18 U.S. Code § 930. Possession of firearms and dangerous weapons in Federal facilities

Otherwise legal carry in a Federal facility that is not a courthouse is a misdemeanor.
Otherwise legal carry in a Federal courthouse is a felony.
Otherwise illegal carry in a Federal facility is a felony.
The welfare of the people in particular has always been the alibi of tyrants, and it provides the further advantage of giving the servants of tyranny a good conscience.

- Albert Camus, Resistance, Rebellion, and Death, 1960.

#1896 raymond963

• Supporting Members Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 01:33 PM

Stopped in the Jimmy John's at 2301 E Washington St in Bloomington yesterday. There are no longer any GFZ signs posted. Hoping that's true at all Bloomington/Normal stores.

Edited to add that I entered the above info into the Posted! app.

Edited by raymond963, 02 August 2019 - 01:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users