Orlando night club shooting

howie

On another note, here's a thought.

For the last few days, Beloved and I were planning on having a 'first date repeat', where I took her to the range and then out to dinner.

I'm wondering now, how many ranges and in-store shooting points will see a noticeable 'up-tick' in attendance today.

Anyone going to their local ranges? It might be interesting to ask around and see if the range officers see a lot more shooters and 'firstie's' on the line.

Prayers to the friends and family of the injured and dead.,

Now my rant: I am not surprised this psycho chooses a GFZ to do this mass killing as he walks in there with a rife knowing no one in this area would have a gun.

Now my rant to those reading this who are trying to remove my right to bear arms: If people had been allowed to carry concealed in this place, this psycho would have been stopped before he was allowed to kill and injured that many people.

Given their stance on gays I'd say he chose the location because it's a gay club and he knew there would be a ton of people there.

Not to sound like I support the other side but there was an off duty armed cop there as well - didn't stop the 50 people from being killed.

There are few statutory gfzs in Florida, this place was certainly one of them, no posting required. Posting in Florida is a trespass to property if they ask you to leave and you don't. Regardless, this was a Muslim from Afghanistan shooting up a gay bar during Ramadan. Unless you're a Hillary Clinton supporter, you know exactly what this was.

He was US born from Florida not Afghanistan and wasn't even under investigation or known to police.

He was just homophobic guys. He saw two gays kissing in public. This has nothing to do with religion.

Like these Isis guys. https://news.vice.com/article/gruesome-photos-allegedly-show-islamic-state-throwing-gay-men-off-a-tall-building

Nothing at all to do with religion, just homophobia. You're an islamaphobe if you say otherwise.

Prayers to the friends and family of the injured and dead.,

Now my rant: I am not surprised this psycho chooses a GFZ to do this mass killing as he walks in there with a rife knowing no one in this area would have a gun.

Now my rant to those reading this who are trying to remove my right to bear arms: If people had been allowed to carry concealed in this place, this psycho would have been stopped before he was allowed to kill and injured that many people.

Given their stance on gays I'd say he chose the location because it's a gay club and he knew there would be a ton of people there.

Not to sound like I support the other side but there was an off duty armed cop there as well - didn't stop the 50 people from being killed.

There are few statutory gfzs in Florida, this place was certainly one of them, no posting required. Posting in Florida is a trespass to property if they ask you to leave and you don't. Regardless, this was a Muslim from Afghanistan shooting up a gay bar during Ramadan. Unless you're a Hillary Clinton supporter, you know exactly what this was.

He was US born from Florida not Afghanistan and wasn't even under investigation or known to police.

Patents foreign born. News articles reporting he was on law enforcement radar for previous threats.

The shooter had a Class G firearms license which enabled him to not only carry concealed but also to carry in State buildings and places that regular CCW holders would be prohibited. The nonsense that we hear right after the shooting about more gun control and "too many guns entering our community" is the same old ignorance being perpetuated on and on. The question should be how our intelligence community can do a better job keeping an eye on all people of Islamic origin and think like they do. The 911 terrorists took flight lessons and got licenses. This shooter got a firearms license which gave him even more access to public places. The terrorists must laugh at us for our "political correctness" and stupidity.

Fox News has said the the FBI investigated this guy twice, in 2012 and 2014 I think they said. He was a known ISIS sympathizer, if not more than that.

There was a congresswoman from the district where it happened on TV. She was already talking about the guns, "assault" rifles, and no background checks at gun shows.

None of which has a single thing to do with this. This guy was a security guard, and licensed by the state. Background checks out the wazoo.

Fox News has said the the FBI investigated this guy twice, in 2012 and 2014 I think they said. He was a known ISIS sympathizer, if not more than that.

There was a congresswoman from the district where it happened on TV. She was already talking about the guns, "assault" rifles, and no background checks at gun shows.

None of which has a single thing to do with this. This guy was a security guard, and licensed by the state. Background checks out the wazoo.

The one thing that jumps out at me here is that ignoring this man's radical associations when approving his licensing was a grave mistake.

The religion of islam does not play well with freedom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The senior law enforcement source reports that Mateen became a person of interest in 2013 and again in 2014. The Federal Bureau of Investigation at one point opened an investigation into Mateen but subsequently closed the case when it produced nothing that appeared to warrant further investigation.

“He’s a known quantity,” the source said. “He’s been on the radar before.”

The senior law enforcement source told The Daily Beast that Mateen was born in New York and was married for a time to a woman from New Jersey.

That woman told the Washington Post that he repeatedly abused her during their marraige, which lasted from April 2009 to July 2011.

“He was not a stable person,” the ex-wife said. “He beat me. He would just come home and start beating me up because the laundry wasn’t finished or something like that.”

Mateen's parent are from Afghanistan but he was not very religious, she said, adding that he "seemed like a normal human being."

FBI Agent Ron Hopper told reporters Mateen may have had leanings toward Islamic extremism. The law enforcement source told The Daily Beast there is no immediate indication that Mateen had any direct connection to ISIS. Rep. Adam Schiff, the ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, said Mateen had pledged allegiance to ISIS, according to officials from the Department of Homeland Security.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/12/omar-mateen-id-d-as-orlando-killer.html#/articles/2016/06/12/omar-mateen-id-d-as-orlando-killer.html

If you search his name, it shows that he has a "Statewide Firearms License" and another "Security Officer license"

https://licensing.freshfromflorida.com/access/individual.aspx?TYPE=INDIVIDUAL&CATEGORY=&COUNTY=00&LICENSE=D%202723758&STATUS=IND_DETAIL

However, I have a Florida CCL too. When I perform a :New Search" from that page using my own name, nothing comes up. Therefore it isn't just some dude with a CCL, it's a much more specialized license.

I used the Site Map on that website to figure out how to get to that search page. You have to use "Individual Search" from the link below...

Individual Search
Check to see if a person is licensed (or has applied for a license) as a private investigator, private investigator intern, security officer, security officer instructor, recovery agent, recovery agent intern, recovery agent instructor, or an agency manager pursuant to Chapter 493, Florida Statutes.

That's probably what the "Class G" license is that bsmith3 metioned above.

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Consumer-Resources/Search-for-a-Licensee

This wasn't a terrorist attack. It had NOTHING to do with Islam or extreme religious ideology at all.

This was clearly an attack on America by the evil "assault rifles" and "high capacity magazines" funded and backed by the NRA, conservatives and Donald Trump voters.

O yeah and also all white people, Republicans, pro second amendment supporters and anyone who doesn't generally agree with that narrative.

So lets be clear about it huh guys....ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE. That is all.

This wasn't a terrorist attack. It had NOTHING to do with Islam or extreme religious ideology at all.

This was clearly an attack on America by the evil "assault rifles" and "high capacity magazines" funded and backed by the NRA, conservatives and Donald Trump voters.

O yeah and also all white people, Republicans, pro second amendment supporters and anyone who doesn't generally agree with that narrative.

So lets be clear about it huh guys....ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE. That is all.

I don't know his motivations but people can do crazy **** without it being motivated by anything. According to the latest reports, this person hated gays.

As for his religion. Well - Christians have done some pretty atrocious things and still do. We don't blame Chrsitianity do we?

So, this should be in Purple, Correct?

Archived