Madigan anti gun mailers?

InterestedBystander

You can bet he will push through an AW band and mag cap bill as soon as Jaba becomes governor and you know Jaba will sign it the moment he gets his hands on it. Time to find a good hiding place for your contraband stuff.

JBP has already called for AWB and magazine bans. Time to get out the vote for Rauner and the pro 2A state Senate and Representative candidates!

This ad isn't targeted at people who know the picture is ridiculous. Those people, if any exist in his district, won't be voting for him, anyway.

A more cynical point of view would consider the possibility that Madigan is actually ridiculing his target audience by demonstrating their ignorance while soliciting their votes.

Another possibility is that whoever made the poster is subversively demonstrating Madigan's ignorance. How many people, including probably Madigan himself, approved the flyer, including the picture, for public circulation after reviewing it?

I'm sure every person involved in creating and approving this mailer is throughoughly anti-gun. They don't know nor care what an AR-15 looks like. They just wanted to find a picture of "scary gun", and this silly example works for them. Anyone swayed by it probably never saw a real AR-15 in their lives either...

Just destroyed a Yingling door to door campaigner this weekend. Yingling, my current rep, who never saw a Madigan initiative he didn't like, who voted for every single gun control bill proposed in the house this year. He kept saying he was out with Yingling and could have him over to discuss my concerns, Of which I agreed to, yet he never did show up. Guy tried to say Yingling had an NRA A rating in 2016. Yes, I told him because he campaigned then on lies. When he stuttered, I listed off 6 of the bills, this year, he voted yes on, and added that, there were more, but those were the only ones I could remember without looking up. "Well, I can have him come over and discuss this with you". Again, I said sure, and he never did. "But, he had an A NRA rating in 2016". I asked if he wanted me to list off those bills again, better yet, asked him if we should pull up his full record this year. I also listed off 3 Madigan bills he voted yes for. "But he voted against the Madigan Tax hike". I just laughed.

He left after getting actually angry. But the anger, I could tell, was he was starting to doubt what he 'knew' about his candidate.

This is why I started selling my guns months back. It’s over in my llinois.

That is the stupidest thing you can do if you intend to stay is this God forsaken state. Let's say you sell your AR now and then a AWB becomes law. How will you be able to buy another AR? Had you kept your AR and an AWB is passed you will still have your AR.

That is the stupidest thing you can do if you intend to stay is this God forsaken state. Let's say you sell your AR now and then a AWB becomes law. How will you be able to buy another AR? Had you kept your AR and an AWB is passed you will still have your AR.

Agreed. That being said, I am starting to make plans to make like the old hockey goalie joke and "get the puck outta here" !!

Neither AZ or WY tax SS benefits, both are open carry (WY is "residents only"), but WY also doesn't have a state income tax and it has a lower level of state sales tax than AZ.

Just destroyed a Yingling door to door campaigner this weekend. Yingling, my current rep, who never saw a Madigan initiative he didn't like, who voted for every single gun control bill proposed in the house this year. He kept saying he was out with Yingling and could have him over to discuss my concerns, Of which I agreed to, yet he never did show up. Guy tried to say Yingling had an NRA A rating in 2016. Yes, I told him because he campaigned then on lies. When he stuttered, I listed off 6 of the bills, this year, he voted yes on, and added that, there were more, but those were the only ones I could remember without looking up. "Well, I can have him come over and discuss this with you". Again, I said sure, and he never did. "But, he had an A NRA rating in 2016". I asked if he wanted me to list off those bills again, better yet, asked him if we should pull up his full record this year. I also listed off 3 Madigan bills he voted yes for. "But he voted against the Madigan Tax hike". I just laughed.

He left after getting actually angry. But the anger, I could tell, was he was starting to doubt what he 'knew' about his candidate.

I have received probably half a dozen Yingling mailers this election cycle already, toss all them out in the can before I even get in the house.

Last election cycle I had to literally kick Yingling's own dad (and I believe brother) off my property when he was trespassing and illegally attempting to put up his son's campaign signs on my property, he argued to the end that he had a right to put signs on my property because "no one else follows the campaign sign laws, thus he didn't have to either" I informed him he was dead wrong in that regard as I pulled out the phone to snap photos/video of him trespassing/littering while I demanded he vacate, he finally conceded and said "Oh, you are one of those people" and I replied "Yes, I'm a law-abiding citizen that obeys the laws unlike you."

Just waiting for him or one of his other ignoring the law volunteers to come back this cycle.

The ban bills that were proposed last time did not include any grandfathering. Sell 'em outta state, turn 'em in to the police, or become a felon.

Gotta admit I'm more than a little concerned about all this myself.

If they turned that carry handle around, it would at least look a bit like an angled foregrip.....hmmmm.....they might be on to something.

But there are a couple other issues they might want to look at.

Since there is no riser on that optic....and they are running an old fashioned A2 front iron sight.....I guess that is the new and less improved "completely obstructed" co-witness?

Also.... I see that they are running the "no safety" option to make it extra dangerous.

Also.... I see that they are running the "no safety" option to make it extra dangerous.

No worries, it's a DE-M83A2 (or rebrand) airsoft and thus does have a grip safety button.

They probably saw it advertised as a 256 in 1 tactical kit and just couldn't resist the warm and fuzzy feeling coming over them.

https://www.amazon.com/256-Clone-Electric-Airsoft-Rifle/dp/B01M01OVCA

No worries, it's a DE-M83A2 (or rebrand) airsoft and thus does have a grip safety button.

They probably saw it advertised as a 256 in 1 tactical kit and just couldn't resist.

https://www.amazon.com/256-Clone-Electric-Airsoft-Rifle/dp/B01M01OVCA

That thing is pretty bad-a**. And it will still be legal if it hits the fan here :cool:

Agreed. That being said, I am starting to make plans to make like the old hockey goalie joke and "get the puck outta here" !!

Neither AZ or WY tax SS benefits, both are open carry (WY is "residents only"), but WY also doesn't have a state income tax and it has a lower level of state sales tax than AZ.

And Az is slowly turning blue, as more and more Californicators leave Cali for Arizona.

I have received probably half a dozen Yingling mailers this election cycle already, toss all them out in the can before I even get in the house.

Last election cycle I had to literally kick Yingling's own dad (and I believe brother) off my property when he was trespassing and illegally attempting to put up his son's campaign signs on my property, he argued to the end that he had a right to put signs on my property because "no one else follows the campaign sign laws, thus he didn't have to either" I informed him he was dead wrong in that regard as I pulled out the phone to snap photos/video of him trespassing/littering while I demanded he vacate, he finally conceded and said "Oh, you are one of those people" and I replied "Yes, I'm a law-abiding citizen that obeys the laws unlike you."

Just waiting for him or one of his other ignoring the law volunteers to come back this cycle.

Idstein lists YIngling's Uncle as supporting him, lol https://electkenidstein.com/our-mission/

Archived