SBR engraving near St Louis?

dukemason

Congratulations on receiving your stamp. Understand your looking for local vendor but for what it is worth I have had excellent results using :

https://www.veritasmachiningllc.com/nfaweapons

While it is probably true that "any engraver" can apply the required nfa markings, shops such as the one above that are familiar with the atf requirements and have jigs for various weapon platforms may be worth considering. I have used Veritas Machining for 4 sbr projects and am extremely pleased. Depending on your platform, they can engrave in locations which are atf compliant but are inconspicuous.

Congratulations on receiving your stamp. Understand your looking for local vendor but for what it is worth I have had excellent results using :

While it is probably true that "any engraver" can apply the required nfa markings, shops such as the one above that are familiar with the atf requirements and have jigs for various weapon platforms may be worth considering. I have used Veritas Machining for 4 sbr projects and am extremely pleased. Depending on your platform, they can engrave in locations which are atf compliant but are inconspicuous.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't ship off an SBR now that its an SBR. It has to remain in your possession or under your control at all times. Which is why hes gonna have to use a local place and be present while its being done.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't ship off an SBR now that its an SBR. It has to remain in your possession or under your control at all times. Which is why hes gonna have to use a local place and be present while its being done.

Incorrect. The weapon must be in the SBR rifle configuration to be considered a SBR/nfa firearm. The owner in the original post cannot legally assemble the rifle in the SBR configuration until the marking is complete. As an example, a AR lower may be shipped to the referenced shop because it is not a nfa firearm and is being shipped by the owner to a FFL. After it is marked and returned the lower may be mated to a upper with a barrel less than 16." This is the actual act of "making a nfa firearm" Also, only the serial number must be marked on the receiver. The caliber, maker and location may be marked elsewhere, typically the barrel. In the AR platform most individuals mark the lower so they may switch uppers without having to pay for another tax stamp. However there are certain instances where marking the barrel may be preferable.

Thank you. I will check them out.

Archived