St Louis Protests

harley1955

With the protests that have happened in St Louis over the weekend and various other places this year, I was wondering what most people would do if they all at once found themselves in their car in the midst of hostile protesters? Say you're caught at a light and they start jumping on your car, does the gun come out? At what point does it?

Well first of all I would say you would have to be pretty oblivious to the world around you to just happen into a large group of protestors in the middle of the street and get so close to them that you get trapped. Seems like most of these instances have occurred with people being bull headed and not wanting to back down vs actually getting trapped and enveloped by a mob so suddenly they can't reverse or react.

That being said you're in a 3000lb + motorized machine that is capable of moving at high speeds. You hit the gas and back up or go forward and you get the bleep out of there.

Pulling out a gun is probably the last thing I would think to do in that situation. A gun is not gonna scare off crazy people that are out for violence and destruction attacking random people driving down the street.

And what if someone has a gun in the crowd (which is very likely) and pulls it out and shoots you because they see you have a gun ?

We are far enough behind the curve at this point that protesting crowds are probably ready and waiting for this exact scenario to occur. They will shoot you and can claim it was justifiable self defense because you tried to shoot them for standing in the street. And you already know the media will certainly spin it to be on their side, especially if the ethnicities fit the narrative.

The objective should always be to get out of the situation and end the threat as fast as you can. In a car that's almost always gonna be achieved by pressing the pedal down.

Pulling out a gun in that situation would be a last resort IMO. Like if you're truly stuck and getting pulled or burned out of the car and you try to shoot a couple of them and maybe get away on foot.

Well first of all I would say you would have to be pretty oblivious to the world around you to just happen into a large group of protestors in the middle of the street and get so close to them that you get trapped. Seems like most of these instances have occurred with people being bull headed and not wanting to back down vs actually getting trapped and enveloped by a mob so suddenly they can't reverse or react.

That being said you're in a 3000lb + motorized machine that is capable of moving at high speeds. You hit the gas and back up or go forward and you get the bleep out of there.

Pulling out a gun is probably the last thing I would think to do in that situation. A gun is not gonna scare off crazy people that are out for violence and destruction attacking random people driving down the street.

And what if someone has a gun in the crowd (which is very likely) and pulls it out and shoots you because they see you have a gun ?

We are far enough behind the curve at this point that protesting crowds are probably ready and waiting for this exact scenario to occur. They will shoot you and can claim it was justifiable self defense because you tried to shoot them for standing in the street. And you already know the media will certainly spin it to be on their side, especially if the ethnicities fit the narrative.

The objective should always be to get out of the situation and end the threat as fast as you can and in a car that's almost always gonna be by pressing the pedal down.

Pulling out a gun in that situation would be a last resort IMO.

i mean he has won the thread

Probably whenever they start hitting the doors or windows with a weapon or blunt object. Jumping on the roof of your car might be a good time too, since that could bust your windows. Essentially before anyone is at true risk of being drug out of the car, or car set on fire. I saw a video of a motorcycle gang in New York City following a family in an SUV, and they finally caught up to them in traffic. One of the riders started beating on the drivers side window with his helmet. Probably would have been a good time to draw if he was allowed to carry.

Oh - I also love the way the left deconstructs the English language. Protesters who force people to stop their car and then basically keep them there against their will - are not "peaceful" protesters, but the left continues to call them peaceful protesters.

The leftist definition of a peaceful protest when leftists are protesting, is everything up to killing someone, and even then it might still be considered peaceful if the person who was killed said something hurtful, insensitive or otherwise not politically correct and had it coming to them, in which case that wouldn't be called "not peaceful" it would just be justice.

Of course when groups on the right march or protest its never peaceful, because they're gun toting reactionaries and violence is always simmering just beneath the surface...

It is time to put a stop to these protests, in any manner that it takes, and I do mean ANY manner. Stop them quickly and with force. This BS has been going on long enough. This started to escalate when obama got into office and he and his DOJ did NOTHING to quell them. And you notice that 'his group' and especially him, has not ever said a word against the rioters .The damage that person did to this country will take decades to repair.

As soon as I was stuck, the gun would be in my lap and I'd do what I could, short of running people over, to get away.

If people start climbing/jumping on, I'm driving through 'em.

And if someone makes the mistake of breaking my driver's side window, they're catching a bullet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Hypothetically I would do what my exact situation calls for when the time comes or the situation presents itself. So that's my answer. If you answer what you would do they could bring that up later as premeditation. Are you sure you want to go there?

Hypothetically I would do what my exact situation calls for when the time comes or the situation presents itself. So that's my answer. If you answer what you would do they could bring that up later as premeditation. Are you sure you want to go there?

What's wrong with premeditated self defense? Some would consider that the basis for training.

What's wrong with premeditated self defense? Some would consider that the basis for training.
What are you talking about? I said nothing about not defending yourself I just said not to state how you would react to a situation specifically. Each situation has many variables introduced by that situation.

What are you talking about? I said nothing about not defending yourself I just said not to state how you would react to a situation specifically. Each situation has many variables introduced by that situation.

And you don't think it's useful to talk about hypotheticals and thereby help develop our thoughts about the best ways to react to specific situations?

A couple from Wentzville stopped by our house to visit friday night. Stayed later than they wanted to and were really concerned about the best and safest route to go home. They were certain they would not take any roads with less than two lanes and wanted to take outside routes as much as possible. They had no opinion on the cause of the latest riots, just didn't want to be a victim because of it.

Then Saturday I'm over by Bowling Green, Mo at a black gentlemen's home. He lives out in the county on about 40 acres. It was a social/business gathering of about 150 people, about half black. Lots of pleasantries and a good time was had by all. No tense or awkward situations, no political blathering, muttering or attitudes. Just good food, drink and sunshine. My impression was that not of lot of people there had time to keep up with all the latest "breaking news" and alerts.

Use of violence is a fluid and dynamic situation. There is no "right time". There is a demarcation that has been brought up in this thread and I am of the same school, when my life or the lives of my loved one's come into harm's way it's fighting time.

It's all well and good what WE would do if confronted by these mobs. BUT , the question is ,why are these illegal aholes allowed to go on night after night with no reaction from law enforcement or government ? These thugs are breaking the law and should be arrested and jailed without any other thought. This BS of 'oppressed people" getting away with disrupting society for no legitimate reason has to stop ! No more black lives matter how about wake up blacks, learn how to live in society and obey the law ?

It's all well and good what WE would do if confronted by these mobs. BUT , the question is ,why are these illegal aholes allowed to go on night after night with no reaction from law enforcement or government ? These thugs are breaking the law and should be arrested and jailed without any other thought. This BS of 'oppressed people" getting away with disrupting society for no legitimate reason has to stop ! No more black lives matter how about wake up blacks, learn how to live in society and obey the law ?

Good grief man, have you not heard? Arresting rioters is an exercise in white supremacy! Oh, wait, sorry, the arresting of looters after hurricanes was deemed to be the exercise of white supremacy......... Wow, this is confusing! Maybe ordinary run of the mill rioters are exempt.

I would not let myself become the next Reginald Denny. Keeping windows rolled up and doors locked seems prudent. Gently driving away if at all possible, not so gently if need be. Drawing a firearm is the last resort but certainly reasonable in lieu of getting dragged out of my vehicle.

Good grief man, have you not heard? Arresting rioters is an exercise in white supremacy! Oh, wait, sorry, the arresting of looters after hurricanes was deemed to be the exercise of white supremacy......... Wow, this is confusing! Maybe ordinary run of the mill rioters are exempt.

Over the 3 days of unrest in St Louis, more than 130 people were arrested. The folks organizing the peaceful daytime protests cancelled further protests because of the violence that followed.

If you have ever been to a looting spree after a hurricane (or ANY looting spree), you might know the difficulty in arresting looters. In New Orleans we were threatened at knife point by a fella exiting a Walgreens because the cops were trying to stop looting. We "filmed" another cop leveling his shotgun at looters with a huge TV... "Drop it!"... and they did.. He asked if it was gonna be on TV and we said probably. He thanked us, hoping his wife would see it and know he was alright. We also shot cops "relocating" valuable goods.

Violence and theft and such are wrong.

Archived