IL Attorney General Sues Aurora Sportsmens Club For $18 Million

Lou

If the property was titled to another entity, isn't the new title holder now responsible? They surely not only get the benefit of the property, but its liabilities.

Yes, but the suit is because of lead shot that left the property and landed in a county forest preserve.

I really wanted to join this range soon.

shame :(

Join. This is the not end of ASC. Even if it were the end, it could be years in litigation.

I'm in Bloomington, so it's kind of a moot point.

HOWEVER, it is my understanding that there's a hefty initiation fee (hundreds of dollars, right?) along with lots of required "work days".

Am I going to do all of that just to see the place go belly up in a year or two?

I don't think so.

My momma didn't raise no fool and I didn't just fall off the turnip truck.

Part II: Would individual members bear any liability to pay that if the fine stands?

I don't need that sort of liability.

Technically, the board could vote to levy an assessment to cover a fine, should it materialize. It would be payable on renewal, not immediately. This is not a HOA where your membership is tied to property ownership. You can simply walk away by not renewing. I suspect most simply won't renew if came with a $10,000+ assessment.

As Paul Harvey would say; Now here's the rest of the story. This is from Dave Lombardo the ASC president.

If you hear a rumor, call and ask about it. So far everything I've read about various issues has been wrong yet no one bothered to call and ask for an explanation. Let's work together for the betterment of Aurora Sportsmen's Club.

David Lombardo, President

Preach!

Technically, the board could vote to levy an assessment to cover a fine, should it materialize. It would be payable on renewal, not immediately. This is not a HOA where your membership is tied to property ownership. You can simply walk away by not renewing. I suspect most simply won't renew if came with a $10,000+ assessment.

Any assessment would have to be voted on by the members, just as we do now for the current assessment.

Yes they can, but how many members show up to vote? The Board has a proxy for members not present. If that did happen, I won't be renewing..

The board does not have proxy.

The vote is based on the members present. I'm sure if there was to be a vote on a substantial assessment there would be many more then the usual 40-50 people that show up at the monthly meeting.

Archived