Why so many IL GOP politicians voting Anti ?

TomKoz

Weve seen recently that many Republicans in the IL Congress have been voting with the Anti-firearm folks.

Why the recent change??

My theory: Recent change of the IL Congress Republican Leader!!

Jim Durkin recently became the IL Congress Republican Leader.

He IS anti-2A - despite what he says!!

Is Jim Durkin, IL Congress Republican Leader pressuring fellow Republicans to vote Anti-2A???

Is Jim Durkin, IL Congress Republican Leader suggesting fellow Republicans will NOT get support OR funding from the IL Republican Party when it comes time for their re-election UNLESS they vote Anti-2A with Him ???

No proof. Just a theory. But it seems pretty coincidental huh !!!

Unfortunately Jim Durkin won his Primary a few weeks ago, so he will be remaining in office.

Can / Should all Pro 2A people (firearm owners) in IL Pressure the IL Republican Party to choose a REAL Pro 2A Leader ???? Perhaps THEN we can hold onto our Rights !!

Weve seen recently that many Republicans in the IL Congress have been voting with the Anti-firearm folks.

Why the recent change??

My theory: Recent change of the IL Congress Republican Leader!!

Jim Durkin recently became the IL Congress Republican Leader.

He IS anti-2A - despite what he says!!

Is Jim Durkin, IL Congress Republican Leader pressuring fellow Republicans to vote Anti-2A???

Is Jim Durkin, IL Congress Republican Leader suggesting fellow Republicans will NOT get support OR funding from the IL Republican Party when it comes time for their re-election UNLESS they vote Anti-2A with Him ???

No proof. Just a theory. But it seems pretty coincidental huh !!!

Unfortunately Jim Durkin won his Primary a few weeks ago, so he will be remaining in office.

Can / Should all Pro 2A people (firearm owners) in IL Pressure the IL Republican Party to choose a REAL Pro 2A Leader ???? Perhaps THEN we can hold onto our Rights !!

What I dont understand is why they think voting with the Madigan Democrats will win over more Democrat votes than Republican votes he will loses.

What I dont understand is why they think voting with the Madigan Democrats will win over more Democrat votes than Republican votes he will loses.

Will more conservatives vote for a Democrat than moderates vote for a Republican? If not, then a Republican candidate has nothing to lose by turning left.

Hi,

I guess that at some level, we have to absorb into our thinking the sad fact that these RINOs no longer consider us to be an important part of their base.

As the Chicagization of the state is progressively augmented by left-leaning trends in places like Dupage and other collar counties, they no longer see their personal and political power depending on our support.

Until a strategy emerges to counter this, color me significantly discouraged.

Rich Phillips

Hi,

I guess that at some level, we have to absorb into our thinking the sad fact that these RINOs no longer consider us to be an important part of their base.

As the Chicagization of the state is progressively augmented by left-leaning trends in places like Dupage and other collar counties, they no longer see their personal and political power depending on our support.

Until a strategy emerges to counter this, color me significantly discouraged.

Rich Phillips

Don’t be discouraged, take a page out of the left’s playbook (social

Media). It works.....

Steve said:

"Dont be discouraged, take a page out of the lefts playbook (social

Media). It works....."

You sure proved that it does indeed work.

Play their game.......

Just look how this story from a small media outlet spread over social media in just a day. Twitter, Facebook, imgur, etc are weapons. The left uses it, so should we.

http://i.imgur.com/fkak8cD.jpg

Perfect example is this: The left realized they were not going to get anywhere on the Federal level on gun control, they switched the focus on the state levels and got a lot of victories. They evolved their tactics quickly to get what they want. If we want to defend and eventually go on the offense, we must evolve as well.

So, put pressure on these legislators by posting stuff for the public to see on their Facebook pages, Twitter, and even the IL GOP pages. Emails are great, but they are private. Public exposure is better

Another example of using twitter as a weapon to get people to see your stuff

http://i.imgur.com/QTfewC6.jpg

And here are the stats in less than an hour of me tweeting that on a well known figures personal tweet

http://i.imgur.com/ZahpFst.jpg

Take pics of their votes that are not in line with the IL GOP platform, post on their social media. Make the sweat a little

Steve said:

Media). It works....."

Play their game.......

Just look how this story from a small media outlet spread over social media in just a day. Twitter, Facebook, imgur, etc are weapons. The left uses it, so should we.http://i.imgur.com/fkak8cD.jpg

Perfect example is this: The left realized they were not going to get anywhere on the Federal level on gun control, they switched the focus on the state levels and got a lot of victories. They evolved their tactics quickly to get what they want. If we want to defend and eventually go on the offense, we must evolve as well.

So, put pressure on these legislators by posting stuff for the public to see on their Facebook pages, Twitter, and even the IL GOP pages. Emails are great, but they are private. Public exposure is better

Another example of using twitter as a weapon to get people to see your stuff http://i.imgur.com/QTfewC6.jpg

And here are the stats in less than an hour of me tweeting that on a well known figures personal tweethttp://i.imgur.com/ZahpFst.jpg

Take pics of their votes that are not in line with the IL GOP platform, post on their social media. Make the sweat a little

You're right. There are lots of conservatives who don't use social media to further their cause. The result is we rarely stray outside our social circle, and basically "preach to the choir". I may just make a Facebook account after all.

Steve said:

Media). It works....."

Play their game.......

Just look how this story from a small media outlet spread over social media in just a day. Twitter, Facebook, imgur, etc are weapons. The left uses it, so should we.http://i.imgur.com/fkak8cD.jpg

Another example of using twitter as a weapon to get people to see your stuff http://i.imgur.com/QTfewC6.jpg

And here are the stats in less than an hour of me tweeting that on a well known figures personal tweethttp://i.imgur.com/ZahpFst.jpg

You're right. There are lots of conservatives who don't use social media to further their cause. The result is we rarely stray outside our social circle, and basically "preach to the choir". I may just make a Facebook account after all.

do you want to win? Fight them at their game. This BS needs to end now. They are taking away our rights. Fight back

As the OP, I again ask how can we change current IL Republican Party Leadership???

Jim Durkin is anti-2A and needs to be removed as Party Leader !!

Jim Durkin are you, or your staff, watching this thread??

Since, Jim Durkin, as Leader of the IL Republican Party, is voting with the Anti-2A crowd - he needs to be REMOVED from leadership position !!! NOW !!!

Let us (Pro 2A Citizens) focus on Party Leadership.

A STRONG 2A Republican Party Leader will be much better for our cause than what we currently have!!

As the OP, I again ask how can we change current IL Republican Party Leadership???

Jim Durkin is anti-2A and needs to be removed as Party Leader !!

Jim Durkin is not the party leader. He's the house minority leader. He was elected the house leader by house Republicans.

Tim Schneider is the Illinois Republican Party chair. He was elected state party leader by county Republican delegates.

Perhaps your perspective has been skewed by Mike Madigan, who is both the house speaker and the Illinois Democratic chair.

If you have a Republican rep in the house, let him or her know that you think they should support someone other than Durkin for house leader in 2018, if he wins the 82nd district election in November. You can also let your local county party know that you think the state party should not support Durkin, perhaps by finding a different candidate for the 82nd district in 2020. I would consider both of those things to be hard sells, but you could try.

If you're a registered voter in the 82nd district, you could vote for the Democratic house candidate in November, whoever that is. If Durkin loses in November, the house has to pick a different minority leader. Technically, the house has to pick a new minority leader, anyway, but if Durkin wins the 82nd district, he'll probably win house minority leader again, too.

You want fear from the republican party? From the democrat party?

Some work I did for Molly last weekend presumes that there are between 10 and 20 THOUSAND FOID cards issued per Illinois Legislative (House) district.

Depends upon the penetration of FOIDS in the County - from 11% low in Cook, to 40% or more in some small downstate counties.

I also looked up some vote totals for certain turncoat republicans in the last (2016) General Election.

~ 40 - 50,000 votes in unopposed HOUSE elections -

and in contested HOUSE elections the totals for BOTH sides never reached 60,000.

That's 20,000 to 25,000 on either side of a contested House election district.

also remember a senate district is TWO House districts - Double the numbers.

And while ALL the House is running, only part of the senate is... and one CAN'T swing an uncontested election...

AT WORST that voting block could represent 40% of EITHER candidates voters.

SO, if EVERY FOID holder in a district voted exclusively motivated by the 2nd Amendment - it could be an election nightmare that EITHER party will never forget, so the next time the demanding mom's tromp on in, they'll know the mom's are all bark and the gunnies are all BITE.

Our BEST use of our efforts will be to reach out to EVERY one of the 2,239,515 FOID card holder in the districts, and the 274,258 FCCL card holders.

Just staying inside of cook county has large numbers, the collar counties approach 50% of the state's totals.

They are WORRIED, and are HOPING that most gun owners are conservative republican voters that are NOT single issue 2nd amendment voters. If we ARE - THEY are TOAST!!!!

You want fear from the republican party? From the democrat party?

Some work I did for Molly last weekend presumes that there are between 10 and 20 THOUSAND FOID cards issued per Illinois Legislative (House) district.

Depends upon the penetration of FOIDS in the County - from 11% low in Cook, to 40% or more in some small downstate counties.

I also looked up some vote totals for certain turncoat republicans in the last (2016) General Election.

~ 40 - 50,000 votes in unopposed HOUSE elections -

and in contested HOUSE elections the totals for BOTH sides never reached 60,000.

That's 20,000 to 25,000 on either side of a contested House election district.

also remember a senate district is TWO House districts - Double the numbers.

And while ALL the House is running, only part of the senate is... and one CAN'T swing an uncontested election...

AT WORST that voting block could represent 40% of EITHER candidates voters.

SO, if EVERY FOID holder in a district voted exclusively motivated by the 2nd Amendment - it could be an election nightmare that EITHER party will never forget, so the next time the demanding mom's tromp on in, they'll know the mom's are all bark and the gunnies are all BITE.

Our BEST use of our efforts will be to reach out to EVERY one of the 2,239,515 FOID card holder in the districts, and the 274,258 FCCL card holders.

Just staying inside of cook county has large numbers, the collar counties approach 50% of the state's totals.

They are WORRIED, and are HOPING that most gun owners are conservative republican voters that are NOT single issue 2nd amendment voters. If we ARE - THEY are TOAST!!!!

While I find the numbers interesting, how exactly does one reach all these FOID card holders to encourage them to vote "the RIGHT way"? (see what I did there?)

Perhaps you could ask AG Madigan to release a list of names? Nope, that won't work . The people who are engaged in this all seem to frequent this page and/or GSL. Outside of that the rest of them are asleep at the wheel. I suspect they also make up the pool of folks who wanted a legal sock drawer revolver that maybe got shot once at the range and is loaded with the cheapest ball ammo the dealer had.

I'm of the opinion that the things we need to do include targeting our FFLs, who we can far more easily (and legally) identify and get them to start posting updates and flyers in shop, and/or include them with receipts for purchases.

We also should be campaigning against leaders like Durkin. There's cost associated, but mailing to his district a card that spells out his anti -second behavior and supports his opponent in the general election as a result might get his attention. If we're going to have a republican leader who votes with the democratic majority we might was well have a democrat in that seat. I will donate to this cause if someone starts a legitimate go fund me to create and mail cards like this to his whole district. IC can't do this (tax laws), but as individual friends of the second amendment we can. Maybe a graphic design guy could put something together for free. Maybe someone here works at a print shop and can get the cards made up at cost.

As the OP, I again ask how can we change current IL Republican Party Leadership???Jim Durkin is anti-2A and needs to be removed as Party Leader !!

Jim Durkin is not the party leader. He's the house minority leader. He was elected the house leader by house Republicans.Tim Schneider is the Illinois Republican Party chair. He was elected state party leader by county Republican delegates.Perhaps your perspective has been skewed by Mike Madigan, who is both the house speaker and the Illinois Democratic chair.If you have a Republican rep in the house, let him or her know that you think they should support someone other than Durkin for house leader in 2018, if he wins the 82nd district election in November. You can also let your local county party know that you think the state party should not support Durkin, perhaps by finding a different candidate for the 82nd district in 2020. I would consider both of those things to be hard sells, but you could try.If you're a registered voter in the 82nd district, you could vote for the Democratic house candidate in November, whoever that is. If Durkin loses in November, the house has to pick a different minority leader. Technically, the house has to pick a new minority leader, anyway, but if Durkin wins the 82nd district, he'll probably win house minority leader again, too.
Oops. My bad

That doesnt change the fact that Durkin votes with the Anti 2A people and he has to be voted out !

Archived