Volunteers Needed to Monitor New Bills (2014 Spring Session)

mauserme

I found some bills that relate to the F.O.I.D. act. HB4849 HB4850 HB4851 HB4852 HB 4853 HB4854 they all have the word Tech after them and the text seems identical. Someone more knowledgeable than me will need to look them over, it may be nothing, I just do not know.

Yikes, he's been a busy guy. In addition to those, which I'll add the our neutral list pending amendments, there are maybe a couple dozen more I'll be watching.

Thanks for spotting these.

Here's a synopsis after a quick overview of SB3001-3100

SB3010 CONCEALED CARRY-DOT REST AREA

Amends the Firearm Concealed Carry Act. Provides that nothing in the prohibition on carrying a concealed firearm into any building under the control of an officer of the Executive Branch of government, prohibits a licensee from carrying a concealed firearm onto the real property or building at a Department of Transportation rest area. Effective immediately.

It looks like SB3010 is a pro-CCW bill if I'm reading it correctly.

SB3018 CRIM CD-3D FIREARMS-PROHIBITS

Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Creates the offense of unlawful use of a three-dimensional printer to create a firearm. Provides that a person commits the offense when he or she uses a three-dimensional printer to create a firearm, or any piece or part of a firearm, unless the person possesses a license to manufacture firearms under the federal Gun Control Act of 1968. Provides that a violation is a Class A misdemeanor.

This one looks bad.

SB3094 FIREARMS REGISTRATION

Creates the Firearms Registration Act. Provides that every person in the State must register each firearm he or she owns or possesses in accordance with the Act. Provides that a person shall not purchase or possess ammunition within this State without having first obtained a registration certificate identifying a firearm that is suitable for use with that ammunition, or a receipt demonstrating that the person has applied to register a suitable firearm under the Act and that the application is pending. Provides that the Department of State Police must complete a background check of any person who applies for: (1) a registration certificate for a firearm that was lawfully owned or possessed on the effective date of the Act, was brought into the State by a new resident, or was acquired by operation of law upon the death of the former owner; or (2) a renewal of a registration certificate unless, within 12 months of the date the renewal application is submitted, the applicant passed a background check conducted by the Department in connection with the applicant's acquisition of another firearm. Provides exceptions. Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Provides that it is a Class 2 felony to sell or transfer ownership of a firearm to another person without complying with the registration requirement of the Firearms Registration Act.

This one looks bad too.

SB3101-3133

SB3120 CONCEALED CARRY-STANDING

Amends the Firearm Concealed Carry Act. Provides that a person licensed under the Act has standing to bring an action in circuit court against a unit of local government challenging the validity of an ordinance or regulation of that unit of local government that purports to regulate any activities under the Act that are declared exclusive powers and functions of the State under the Act. Effective immediately.

Looks like a pro-CCW bill to me.

SB3101-3133

SB3120 CONCEALED CARRY-STANDING

Amends the Firearm Concealed Carry Act. Provides that a person licensed under the Act has standing to bring an action in circuit court against a unit of local government challenging the validity of an ordinance or regulation of that unit of local government that purports to regulate any activities under the Act that are declared exclusive powers and functions of the State under the Act. Effective immediately.

Looks like a pro-CCW bill to me.

That'll open the floodgates against Highland Park.

I found some that fall under the criminal/conservation/wildlife numbers...Possibly file under neutral?

I'm going to leave those out of the list for these reasons:

SB3007 - Deals with criminal procedure instead of criminal code more generally.

SB3034 - Interesting on a personal level, but not 2A related

SB3049 - I would probably list it if it was a hunting bill, but I don't think we have seasons for wolf, bear, or cougar so it shouldn't affect us too much

But thanks for posting those. If there's a choice between too much and too little I'll always take too much so, when it doubt, post it up.

No, it was only up to HB5419 when I looked.

Sheesh, I'm trying to make a point here. Work with me a little.

Nice bill, isn't it????

I found some that fall under the criminal/conservation/wildlife numbers...Possibly file under neutral?

I'm going to leave those out of the list for these reasons:

SB3007 - Deals with criminal procedure instead of criminal code more generally.

SB3034 - Interesting on a personal level, but not 2A related

SB3049 - I would probably list it if it was a hunting bill, but I don't think we have seasons for wolf, bear, or cougar so it shouldn't affect us too much

But thanks for posting those. If there's a choice between too much and too little I'll always take too much so, when it doubt, post it up.

Sorry about that. Still learning :drool:

SB3229

This was posted over on AR15.com Illinois

Did not see it mentioned here , could have missed it

http://www.ar15.com/..._registry_.html

http://12.43.67.2/le...cSess=&Session=

Archived