Added another 'evil' rifle to my collection

cybermgk

Posting about my new addition to my "Military war rifles' Collection. It goes into that collection with the M1 Garand and Mosin Nagant, code named/nick named 'Ugly Sister'. AR15 and 1911 don't qualify, because unlike these 3, who COULD have seen action, they definitely didn't, being modern manufacture. Found her in an LGS Saturday, bought her, waited the (for now) Il 24 hour 'cooling off' period, and picked up, cleaned and then shot her Sunday (150 rds) with my son (we also shot the 10/22 Ruger, working on off hand shooting skills).

I have wanted one for awhile. I had wanted one for the reliability under most any condition, CHEAP ammo, semi-auto. I also, have nothing in 7.62x39. I also want rifles that can likely evade any AWBs, So, SKS has been on my radar. But, I kept coming across rifles with corroded to heck and back barrels, or worm eaten stocks, or both, or modified to take detachable magazines, or Yugo ones with grenade launcher stuff (which violates a lot of AWBs out there). I wanted a Russian WWII era, but this Chinese one will do . I am glad I finally found a good one. They are slowly raising in value/price, since the off-shore supply dried up.

It has matching serial numbers on all the non stock parts. Has a triangle 326 Factory mark. Serial number puts it as a 1970 made. Barrel looks completely unfired, chrome lining is shiny and the rifling like new. In fact all but the stock is in great condition, looking barely or unfired. Stock has a few small dings. In fact, when I disassembled the bolt, it still had cosmaline in the firing pin channel. Good thing I checked and cleaned. Pin wasn't moving freely, could of had a slam fire. This may have been issued, but if it was, it wasn't fired much, if at all. In fact, I suspect it was stored for a long time, covered in cosmaline until recently. Even has the original cleaning tool kit in the stock. I also have the bayonet, but haven't re attached yet. I prefer the look without.

For me all my rifles need to be shooters, and get shot. Son and I, managed, off hand, to get 6-7" groups at 50 yards first time out. That will do.

So, here is my new/old 1970 Type 56 Chinese SKS.

QIo8YB.jpg

hquTmo.jpg

Archived