Pocket holster advice needed

ArmedWithKnowledge

Hey all, I could really use some recommendations for a pocket holster for my P238 SAS. Im going to be working nights for a while and due to the dress code I cant carry IWB like I normally do (its not impossible, just impractical for me). As such Im looking for a high-quality pocket holster that would work well in a standard pair of Dockers khakis. The holster needs to be all-leather and of quality construction (personal preference). For an idea of the quality Im looking for my IWB holster is a High Noon Holsters Down Under (decent, but not crazy expensive). Also preferably no stitched-in sight track, my Down Under had one and it sucked (had because I removed it...made the gun fit much better).

Thanks!

i use a Remora for my P938. If by "dress code" you can wear a jacket the Remora and Sig will just drop into a pocket. You can also low appendix/crotch the Remora and outside of not being able to draw fast it's pretty comfy and secure.

While I do genuinely appreciate your alternative suggestion, I’m only looking for a leather pocket holster.

I use Galco Pocket Protectors for ALL my pocket guns. It isn't "high end," but it acts like a leather holster should. It's suede with a formable retention support around the opening, and a single deep hook under the trigger guard to catch your pocket. It is also the thinnest pocket holster I've laid my hands on. It kinda defeats the purpose of carrying small if you add 3/8" to your pocket gun's thickness. Might as well drop a G26 in your pocket.

• 2 weeks later...
In my continued searching I came across two pocket holsters that have piqued my interest, the Alabama Holster pocket holster (its not leather like I was initially looking for, but seems to be of a very high quality) and the Don Hume 001 Front Pocket Holster. For anyone reading this, do you have any experience with either of these two manufacturers pocket holsters? If so, Id love to hear your opinion on one or both of them. Thanks in advance!

Braids Pocket / Wallet Combo

https://www.braidsholsters.com/store/c2/Wallet_and_pocket_combo_holsters.html

With the wallet flap left in place and worn in the front pocket the outline of the firearm is not visible - quality is quite good and price is very fair

s462466524370859916_p21_i1_w1600.jpeg

With the wallet flap left in place and worn in the front pocket the outline of the firearm is not visible - quality is quite good and price is very fair

That looks like it's a back pocked holster and looks like it would be hard to pull your pistol out if it was in your front pocked but if it works for you

That looks like it's a back pocked holster and looks like it would be hard to pull your pistol out if it was in your front pocked but if it works for you

it's a combo holster works for either back pocket or front. I find the leather flap to not hinder the front pocket draw in any way. The flap also breaks up the outline better than not having it

It's certainly not a quick draw and re-holstering requires removing the holster from the pocket but this is true of all pocket holsters

I've read good things about the Alabama holster; but I really like the design of that Braids holster.

I currently, often carry a Sig 938 in front pocket in Nemesis https://www.desantisholster.com/THE-NEMESISand it works well; but it does show the outline unless I put badge case on outside of it (which I normally do). That adds to thickness.

I think I may order one of those Braids to try out.

FWIW: I'm not some gung ho tactical operator who lives and breathes this stuff; but I figure I won't be able to do a really fast draw out of my pocket anyway so... If I'm feeling the situation is not so good, there is a good chance my hand will be in my pocket and I will already have at least a basic grip on the pistol.

FWIW: I'm not some gung ho tactical operator who lives and breathes this stuff; but I figure I won't be able to do a really fast draw out of my pocket anyway so... If I'm feeling the situation is not so good, there is a good chance my hand will be in my pocket and I will already have at least a basic grip on the pistol.

I use the DeSantis Super Fly holster. It has a flap on the outside that is adjustable to your needs.

Archived