IGOLD Live Feed

Slappy

GunsOfChiburbia says:

Lots of people left rally by Lincoln early. Some speakers weren't clear that they should stay for cameras. (3 minutes ago)

Announced inofficial numbers are 5100 (10 minutes ago)

Typos are from Twittererer.

I am liking Twitter and instant updates. :clap:

this is true. the crowd dissipated quickly.

according to pearson, the packet count was over 5100 so its fairly solid and that will most likely be the official number

GunsOfChiburbia says:

Lots of people left rally by Lincoln early. Some speakers weren't clear that they should stay for cameras. (3 minutes ago)

Announced inofficial numbers are 5100 (10 minutes ago)

Typos are from Twittererer.

I am liking Twitter and instant updates. :smile:

this is true. the crowd dissipated quickly.

according to pearson, the packet count was over 5100 so its fairly solid and that will most likely be the official number

Twitter is really handy. I think an Official IGOLD twitter feed should be created, ready for next year. It's a good way to get information out to a lot of people with very little effort, almost instantaneously (since many people may have twitter alerts set up on their phone through SMS or a mini-twitter program, but may not have email).

An IllinoisCarry Twitter feed would also be handy. Imagine a few dozen people notified to contact their legislators shortly before a vote, and they all started calling in?

How do you think the Obamanites organized so well during the election?

Just something to think about... :clap:

5000 people?

man I missed a good event. i knew it was going to be big.

All I got from today was a busted computer I needed to get runing, and a $60 cab ride from Glen Ellyn, :clap:

Great work guys, wish I could have been there, yell extra loud for those of us cheering at home.

5000 people?

man I missed a good event. i knew it was going to be big.

All I got from today was a busted computer I needed to get runing, and a $60 cab ride from Glen Ellyn, :clap:

And I was so hoping to meet you!!!

I was too man. I even had my last yrs IGOLD shirt. I did send some cash down with the 4 other guys I was going with to get a T-shirt.

We will meet soon. There is always events coming up.

Sorry I couldn't make it there folks! 5100 is outstanding! I have no idea that there were that many people planning to show up. 10,000 next year's goal? Maybe more Pocket Constitution should have been ordered. If you did not get one, search for the Heritage Foundation and order one to hang on to, they are very resourceful documents to have in you glove box or anywhere else for that matter! The Heritage Foundation sent us ~3500 to be handed out at IGOLD. Be sure to drop them a line and say "Thanks" if you get the chance. Same goes to the rest of our sponsors this year! Great Work!

EDIT: Here's the link to order a Pocket Constitution for yourself. These are free of charge, and what they do not mention is that all amendments to the Constitution are in the guide as well. Link:

declaration-of-independence.jpg

Heritage Foundation Pocket Constitution

(Looks like they are charging for them now...unless there is a different site to order from now than what I used. Either way, it's worth it to me.)

I believe Governor Pat Quinn will veto any license to carry legislation. The only way to pass such a law in Illinois within a reasonable period of time is to exclude Chicago from the law and to have enough votes to override the veto. That is the tough reality of Illinois politics.

Too many Illinois lawmakers know everything without knowing anything, which is the reason gun control laws do not reduce gun violence.

You guys did a great job keeping us that were unable to attend up to date. Great to hear about the numbers too. I have been watching the news all day and have yet to hear so much as one sound byte on IGOLD. But every channel had at least one story on the new murders of Chicago school students, how there are 70 thousand gang bangers in the city that are killing their kids and how something needs to be done. Jesse J. O. slurring his usual drivel.

Ashley and I had a great time and I'll post photos on here and post a link to another site so everyone can have access to them. We were everywhere and we didn't see the illinois carry banner until we were already at the steps of the capitol so sucks we didn't get to meet anyone. Everyone did a superb job of putting it together and doing their part. Even after all that I still couldn't believe how bad the reps were about hiding, etc.

I just got back home from IGOLD. I agree that we all left the rally too soon. No-one really said to stay, and everyone started lining up for the metal detectors to get into the capital.

I didn't see any counter-protesters...

I'm seriously p***** about the legislation that was passed from committee this morning, and a little disappointed that no-one seemed to be in their office or able to meet with us (although hopefully other people had different experiences.)

But if they killed the carry bill in the Senate yesterday but passed 2 anti-gun bills, we’re evidently not doing enough. What more can be done to stop the morons in Springfield?

5,132 was only the packet count. I walked out early to smoke before we lined up, and there were still huge groups of people walking up, and late busses pulling in.

We blew it out. Everyone was well behaved, well informed, and no tinfoil hat idiots that I saw. It was a well run event, and I'm proud of all that attended. We had the capitol building slam packed on every floor, including the basement. I stopped by the illinoiscarry.com table twice, but it was being manned by ISRA volunteers.

I'll post links to the pics I took, just gimmie a minute to host them on Photobucket.

I wasn't able to make it for the first time, obviously since I'm at lackland AFB, TX. I did, however, walk around base and San Antonio with my 09' Igold shirt. I got a lot of questions and positive feedback. I even had an officer from Scott AFB stop me and talk to me about how he wished he could have made it too.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/kc9fje_the_guitarist/IMG_2814.jpg

Archived