TriggerFarm

GeekDad

• 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Looks like Trigger Farm is going to start FCCL renewal courses in September. I'll be taking that from them in October. No idea on pricing yet, but I sent out an email looking for detail. Anybody else going to get their renewal from the Farm?

Quoting myself to add the answers I got in my email to them.

"The cost is gonna be $75.00. All instruction will be at the Range. We will cver the verbal refresher items and discussion under the tent and then shoot. The shooting will be from the holster and will include much of the same Basic Defensive Pistol Shooting items along with the State Qualification Shoot. I'm estimating you will need about 300 rounds for the class.

I've done the basic class twice now and both times I extremely enjoyed myself and learned a lot. But I must say both classes were drastically different. The first class the main instructor, forgive me I forgot his name, I think John(trained paramedic , younger guy), was not there and the one older gentlemen taught. While I had no problems with him he was very hands-off and very little instruction. It was more of a glorified 3 hours of practice shooting. Which for $50, I wasn't complaining. But the second time around the other guy, John I think, was there and he took way more time to explain drawing from the holster, proper shooting stance, and key factors to think about with situational awareness, etc etc. I got way more out of the second class then the first, both were great though. I want to try and grab the advanced class before summer is over.

Sounds like they raised their price which is fine it's still worthwhile. I had made a recommendation they update their website, I think they could drive more traffic/attention tot heir class. Or make a facebook page. But upfront full payment would be nice so I don't have to remember to go to the ATM before class to pay in person.

I would recommend if anyone takes this class you plan a whole day for it. Bufflo Range is right nearby and arguably one of the best outdoor ranges in the state. Both times I took this class, after we went to bufflo range for some fun in the pit and skeet shooting and it makes for a full day of gun filled fun for sure!

FYI you do probably shoot through 300 rounds, have atleast 4+ mags and an external mag holster with a nice owb holster. Lot of glock fanbois in the class, myself and my CZ showed em whats what ;)

I've done the basic class twice now and both times I extremely enjoyed myself and learned a lot. But I must say both classes were drastically different. The first class the main instructor, forgive me I forgot his name, I think John(trained paramedic , younger guy), was not there and the one older gentlemen taught. While I had no problems with him he was very hands-off and very little instruction. It was more of a glorified 3 hours of practice shooting. Which for $50, I wasn't complaining. But the second time around the other guy, John I think, was there and he took way more time to explain drawing from the holster, proper shooting stance, and key factors to think about with situational awareness, etc etc. I got way more out of the second class then the first, both were great though. I want to try and grab the advanced class before summer is over.

Sounds like they raised their price which is fine it's still worthwhile. I had made a recommendation they update their website, I think they could drive more traffic/attention tot heir class. Or make a facebook page. But upfront full payment would be nice so I don't have to remember to go to the ATM before class to pay in person.

I would recommend if anyone takes this class you plan a whole day for it. Bufflo Range is right nearby and arguably one of the best outdoor ranges in the state. Both times I took this class, after we went to bufflo range for some fun in the pit and skeet shooting and it makes for a full day of gun filled fun for sure!

FYI you do probably shoot through 300 rounds, have atleast 4+ mags and an external mag holster with a nice owb holster. Lot of glock fanbois in the class, myself and my CZ showed em whats what ;)

Just in case I wasn't clear, the $75 is for the renewal of FCCL class, not basic defensive pistol.

Just in case I wasn't clear, the $75 is for the renewal of FCCL class, not basic defensive pistol.

Ah noted! great!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived