Pro-2A Resolutions - Game Plan and Resources thread

GarandFan

I just noticed one of the sponsors of LTC bill HB0367 is Thomas Holbrook from St. Clair County. Whoever was working on that county, it might be worth getting him involved to put pressure on the board about the Pro 2A Resolution.

Coach, I sent you a similar email about another sponsor, Chapin Rose, who might be able to help you with the Champaign county board.

It might be worth the time to write a letter to them as its obvious both of these guys support LTC in Illinois. Something tells me they won't like their home county boards resisting the 2A.

I just noticed one of the sponsors of LTC bill HB0367 is Thomas Holbrook from St. Clair County. Whoever was working on that county, it might be worth getting him involved to put pressure on the board about the Pro 2A Resolution.

Coach, I sent you a similar email about another sponsor, Chapin Rose, who might be able to help you with the Champaign county board.

It might be worth the time to write a letter to them as its obvious both of these guys support LTC in Illinois. Something tells me they won't like their home county boards resisting the 2A.

Chapin might be able to help us in Douglas Co too. Never thought of that avenue! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Okay, I do not know about anyother Dupage residents, but I am getting tired of our county officals ignoring us! I have made contact via phone/email with three county board members. All three that I have had contact with said that they supported the resolution, but then they mysteriously disappear when it comes time to bring up the measure.

The past couple of elections for board have been razor thin. If we can get a pettition going and present it to them, that could change minds. When you only win by a couple of hundred votes and you get a petittion of a few thousand you tend to act.

So would anyone in Duapge be intrested in collecting some signatures? Maybe I should also collect signatures to get on the ballot while Im at it? :thumbsup:

It wasn't on the agenda! He reminded a friend last night, who hand carried it in to the meeting, and they passed it!!!!

Amazing!

Confirmed! Marcella Cisna, the Henderson County Clerk confirmed it 10 minutes ago!

It sounds so easy when you say it like that! lol

Thanks for confirming this Coach!

Yeah, we do know better, don't we!

Took a lot of effort, prior to the "reminder!"

Seriously ... we should change Champaign back to white. The full board has NOT voted down the resolution.

The Pro2A folks can color their various counties red if they want, as they have done when the resolution failed to move to full board vote. But at least they do so consistently. The only county we have red is Champaign, and that's a bit misleading.

Seriously ... we should change Champaign back to white. The full board has NOT voted down the resolution.

The Pro2A folks can color their various counties red if they want, as they have done when the resolution failed to move to full board vote. But at least they do so consistently. The only county we have red is Champaign, and that's a bit misleading.

Yeh, The legend says that Red is "failed". But, the resolution has not "failed" before the full board, it's just not been presented to the full board yet!

C'mon Coach, kick that baby back to white!!

AB

Yeh, The legend says that Red is "failed". But, the resolution has not "failed" before the full board, it's just not been presented to the full board yet!

AB

T'ain't up to me anymore...Chris handles that. I just do the stats.

AB

Sorry, I missed the changing of the guard!!

OK, C'mon Chris, kick that baby back to white!!!

AB

AB

Sorry, I missed the changing of the guard!!

OK, C'mon Chris, kick that baby back to white!!!

AB

Will do first thing in the morning, (No Photoshop at home)

Remind me if I don't remember by noon tomorrow, we're pretty busy at work.

I thought we had agreed to paint Champaign Red due to all the hard work Coach and others have done to no avail. That red blight should rile up the sensible folks in Champaign county.

I thought we had agreed to paint Champaign Red due to all the hard work Coach and others have done to no avail. That red blight should rile up the sensible folks in Champaign county.

Problem is we seem to have a lot of talkers and not many doers. But we're working to recruit some.

That red blight mainly riles up Ol'Coach (and rightly so).

Look ... we want a consistent map, or not? If we want Champaign red, and we want consistency, we need to paint more counties red.

To me it seems that unless a full board votes down the resolution, it has not been defeated.

That red blight mainly riles up Ol'Coach (and rightly so).

Look ... we want a consistent map, or not? If we want Champaign red, and we want consistency, we need to paint more counties red.

To me it seems that unless a full board votes down the resolution, it has not been defeated.

I questioned the logic of these red counties when I first started getting involved as I thought they should remain white until failed by vote. Yet, their refusal to allow the resolution on the agenda is far worse than rejecting the resolution by vote. They are actually working AGAINST the resolution and, in the process, abusing their political position, reorganizing the structure of democracy in their committees, failing to live up to their public oath, purposefully denying board members to represent their districts, etc. I think keeping those counties red is like the "scarlet letter"...it's a mark of shame they need to wear. It not only shows them being in an extreme minority in the state, but it just might anger citizens enough to do something about it.

Just my 2 cents...

Update:

Just got the call from Mr. Glenn.

Douglas Co is GREEN

And to boot they passed it 7-0 with the endorsement for LTC in Illinois

There are some people that need to be recognized for this victory but they are not members of this board so I'm a bit hesitant to make it public. But a special thanks to Mr. Tom Glenn, he was most helpful and is primarily responsible for getting the previously fence sitter and the opposed to reconsider and cast a yes vote.

WoooHoooo #90!

Update:

Just got the call from Mr. Glenn.

Douglas Co is GREEN

And to boot they passed it 7-0 with the endorsement for LTC in Illinois

There are some people that need to be recognized for this victory but they are not members of this board so I'm a bit hesitant to make it public. But a special thanks to Mr. Tom Glenn, he was most helpful and is primarily responsible for getting the previously fence sitter and the opposed to reconsider and cast a yes vote.

WoooHoooo #90!

FANTASTIC!! You see ... Douglas county had been coded RED by the Pro2AResolution folks.

Good turnaround!

Coach ... maybe a little more pressure to apply to Champaign!

BTW, Chris, the map looks GREAT!

I did extend appreciation on our behalf to Mr. Genn. I will tell the others. also Mr. Glenn said he would email me the exact context of the resolution they voted on just so you all can see how they phrased it.

I wasn't sure if any other county included an attatchment about LTC....

Archived