2017 Fall Veto Session Bills

mauserme

• 2 weeks later...

SB50 FOID Revocation Silencer is neutral? When it says . . .

"Amends the Firearm Concealed Carry Act. Provides that a person may not carry a concealed handgun equipped with a silencer."

This should be opposed vigorously, since a concealed carrier would benefit greatly from having a silencer on a concealed weapon used during a self-defense shooting, both to reduce recoil and muzzle blast for necessary follow up shots to stop a threat, and to protect against hearing damage that could result from shooting a handgun in a defensive use. Lose your hearing if you have to preserve your life?

Oh H ell no. This should be shot down definitively.

SB50 FOID Revocation Silencer is neutral? When it says . . .

"Amends the Firearm Concealed Carry Act. Provides that a person may not carry a concealed handgun equipped with a silencer."

This should be opposed vigorously, since a concealed carrier would benefit greatly from having a silencer on a concealed weapon used during a self-defense shooting, both to reduce recoil and muzzle blast for necessary follow up shots to stop a threat, and to protect against hearing damage that could result from shooting a handgun in a defensive use. Lose your hearing if you have to preserve your life?

Oh H ell no. This should be shot down definitively.

Can't have silencers here any way. It's a thing that doesn't matter until silencers are allowed here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SB50 is the NRA suppressor bill. If we get suppressors we also get the language Ronin objects to.

I'm at a solid "meh" on his objection. When's the last time you saw a holster for a pistol with a silencer? Nobody's walking around with a suppressed AR pistol under their coat.

I have both a Wilderness Tactical Safepacker and an OWB Level 2 retention custom Kydex holster that are set up for silencers. I absolutely would carry one with a suppressor, for the reasons I mentioned above.

Representative Ford never tires of task forces. I added this one to our neutral list.HR648 Firearm Awareness Task Force

Guess he did not get the memo...(arent they gone after the SA/RRA gun dealer mess?)

That the Firearm Public Awareness Task Force shall be comprised of the following members, all of whom shall serve without compensation:

(11) a representative from the Illinois Firearms Manufacturers Association appointed by the head of that organization; and be it further

Guess he did not get the memo...(arent they gone after the SA/RRA gun dealer mess?)

That the Firearm Public Awareness Task Force shall be comprised of the following members, all of whom shall serve without compensation:

(11) a representative from the Illinois Firearms Manufacturers Association appointed by the head of that organization; and be it further

lol It's like orange juice - eventually it all gets reconstituted.

Our list has been updated today to show our opposition to Representative Wheeler's bump fire stock ban: HB4120 Crim Cd Ban Bump Fire Stock

Our list has been updated today to show our opposition to Representative Wheeler's bump fire stock ban: HB4120 Crim Cd Ban Bump Fire Stock

It getting a ,lot of Republican co-sponsors too. SMH.

I added HB4160 Local Protection of Rights Act to the list of bills we support, even though I doubt they meant us:

Synopsis As Introduced

Creates the Local Protection of Individual Rights Act. Provides that a unit of local government, an agent of a unit of local government, or a person acting on behalf of a unit of local government shall not engage in a pattern or practice of conduct by law enforcement officers that deprives any person of rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States or Illinois. Provides that the Attorney General may bring a civil action in the name of the people to obtain appropriate equitable and declaratory relief to eliminate the pattern or practice if the Attorney General has reasonable cause to believe that a deprivation of any person's rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States or Illinois has occurred.

I added HB4160 Local Protection of Rights Act to the list of bills we support, even though I doubt they meant us:

Synopsis As Introduced

Creates the Local Protection of Individual Rights Act. Provides that a unit of local government, an agent of a unit of local government, or a person acting on behalf of a unit of local government shall not engage in a pattern or practice of conduct by law enforcement officers that deprives any person of rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States or Illinois. Provides that the Attorney General may bring a civil action in the name of the people to obtain appropriate equitable and declaratory relief to eliminate the pattern or practice if the Attorney General has reasonable cause to believe that a deprivation of any person's rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States or Illinois has occurred.

Oh yesssss! This definitely needs to pass! I can imagine how much pain this would cause the city of Chicago and specifically the politicians! I wonder if this would, as it seems to imply, that the individual politicians would be subject to the civil action?

• 2 weeks later...

I added HB4168 Firearms Fingerprinting to the list of bills we oppose today:

Synopsis As Introduced

Amends the Firearm Owners Identification Card Act. Provides that on and after the effective date of the bill, each applicant for the issuance or renewal of a Firearm Owner's Identification Card shall provide a full set of his or her fingerprints in electronic format to the Department of State Police. Provides that fingerprints collected shall be checked against the Department of State Police and Federal Bureau of Investigation criminal history record databases now and hereafter filed. Amends the Firearm Concealed Carry Act. Removes the option of not providing a set of fingerprints with a concealed carry license application (rather than the Department may accept an application submitted without a set of fingerprints in which case the Department shall be granted 30 days in addition to the 90-day period to issue or deny a license). Makes other conforming changes.

Archived