Instructor Audit - What I learned today

AuroraInstructor

Thanks, I have nothing at all against the ISP, and I have great respect for you. BUT there is a big difference between demand or ask. I can`t help but have the feeling that we are training the ISP at our expense. If asked for help I might comply. If demanded to surrender my records I might object. I`ll cross that bridge when I get there, but the ISP is a PITA and I ask myself if its worth the effort.

Thanks, I have nothing at all against the ISP, and I have great respect for you. BUT there is a big difference between demand or ask. I can`t help but have the feeling that we are training the ISP at our expense. If asked for help I might comply. If demanded to surrender my records I might object. I`ll cross that bridge when I get there, but the ISP is a PITA and I ask myself if its worth the effort.

I appreciate that. I have to say that I don't have anything against the state police checking to make sure instructors are doing what the law requires. I think that if I was in their position I would do largely the same thing. I would want to verify that instructors were not pencil whipping the certificates and make sure that they were providing good training and complying with the law. Some of the questions they asked me demonstrated their desire at least the guys in the firearm Service Bureau, is sincere in wanting to make the program as good as it can be within the constraints of the statute. They did not write this law....

I appreciate that. I have to say that I don't have anything against the state police checking to make sure instructors are doing what the law requires. I think that if I was in their position I would do largely the same thing. I would want to verify that instructors were not pencil whipping the certificates and make sure that they were providing good training and complying with the law. Some of the questions they asked me demonstrated their desire at least the guys in the firearm Service Bureau, is sincere in wanting to make the program as good as it can be within the constraints of the statute. They did not write this law....

They did not write this law hits it on the head, problem is they are stuck with it. Me protesting the process has nothing to do with the ISP. It`s that 4 O`clock in the morning crap our legislators dumped on them. Just how many people interrogated, I mean interviewed you?

They did not write this law hits it on the head, problem is they are stuck with it. Me protesting the process has nothing to do with the ISP. It`s that 4 O`clock in the morning crap our legislators dumped on them. Just how many people interrogated, I mean interviewed[/size] you?
Two troopers interviewed me. One was a sergeant.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived