TopGunSupply - ordering/shipping magazines to Chicago

Illini2A312

Was looking at some magazines on topgunsupply.com (thankfully they have that tool that you can verify where they can ship to and from what I've read on here they don't seem to give much hassle for Chicago addresses). I was wondering, is there a way on their site where you can upload a copy of your FOID and/or DL, or do they simply ask for it via email after you place your order (not clear either if they require it for non-firearm/non-ammo purchases)?

Thanks all.

Thanks all, this was helpful. I was making sure since I've placed an order with Target Sports USA (another retailer listed on IC) before and they asked for my FOID right when I created my account/have an area on their site where you can upload it. Pretty good service too, I ordered on a Tuesday and received it that following Friday.

Thanks all, this was helpful. I was making sure since I've placed an order with Target Sports USA (another retailer listed on IC) before and they asked for my FOID right when I created my account/have an area on their site where you can upload it. Pretty good service too, I ordered on a Tuesday and received it that following Friday.

I am a non-retail FFL 5 miles south of Midway Airport and have a few Sig magazines for sale if that's what you are interested in. I mention it because many TopGunSupply shoppers look for Sig accessories on their website.

Was looking at some magazines on topgunsupply.com (thankfully they have that tool that you can verify where they can ship to and from what I've read on here they don't seem to give much hassle for Chicago addresses). I was wondering, is there a way on their site where you can upload a copy of your FOID and/or DL, or do they simply ask for it via email after you place your order (not clear either if they require it for non-firearm/non-ammo purchases)?

Thanks all.

Why would they want a FOID or DL?

Thanks all.

Why would they want a FOID or DL?

They didn't ask when I placed the order as others here have said, just I'm new to buying gun parts online so wasn't sure.

Unrelated, but does anyone know of a good site for S&W parts in particular? A lot of the retailers I've browsed seem to cater to more popular brands such as Sig and Glock.

Unrelated, but does anyone know of a good site for S&W parts in particular? A lot of the retailers I've browsed seem to cater to more popular brands such as Sig and Glock.

Jack First in Rapid City, SD will probably have what you need: https://jack-first-gun-parts.myshopify.com/

Thanks, had a look and it didn't have the S&W model I needed though (M&P). Replacement recoil springs in particular have been hard to find for some reason.

I will give a +1 for TopGunSupply though, I ordered on a Wednesday night, they processed it without hassle and I received my magazine the following Saturday.

Archived