FOID showing expired?

Hello, My name is Jordan I am new here, excited to have found this resource . I have a situation currently but I am wanting to run past you guys see if you have ever heard of something like this . I currently have a Foid valid until 2023 and a CCL valid until April of 2020. Just this week I purchased a few new handguns only to have the FFL call the next day and say that there was a problem with my FOID.

He says that when he runs it it comes back expired . I have not purchased a gun in over five years so I can't speak to Not having any other issues previously. I have tried contacting the FSB but that seems nearly impossible. I registered online hoping to see the status of my Foid, but it says my registration is pending review currently . This makes me wonder if there is an issue as I know other people who have signed up for the online and we're good to go instantly .

The FFL said that he thought I should have been issued another FOID card when I got my CCL but I am pretty confident that I never received such a thing . Sorry for the drawn out story just wanted to get all the facts that I could out . Has anybody ever dealt with a similar situation or have any ideas as to what I could have going ? Seems I'm kinda dead in the water until I am somehow able to make contact in Springfield.

Appreciate any ideas or response.

Jordan

I had the exact same issue. When I renewed my CCL, my foid card number changed to the same number as my CCL. But the ISP never sent me a new foid card (only a new CCL). When I went to purchase a gun, my card came back as expired. The FFL was really good and let me use my CCL (since it's the same number as my foid), but I had to call the ISP (It took my a few weeks of calling to get through and then 2 hours on hold). I spoke with someone and they told me that for whatever reason, my new foid card did not get printed (but my foid number was changed in the system to my CCL number). You will need to get a hold of the ISP to find out what is going on. I would say that either your new foid got lost in the mail, or like me, for some reason they never printed it. Once I spoke to the ISP, I had my new foid card in about 2 weeks. Good luck!

Edited by cnwfan3

You need to set aside an hour of time and commit to calling consistently until you get through to somebody.

That's how I did it. I actually got through after about 30 minutes of constant calling. But you won't get through to a person, you just don't get hung up on and you go into the hold queue. Once in the hold queue, be prepared to wait another 1-2 hours on hold. Eventually, a live person will come on.

Edited by cnwfan3

Thanks for the responses. So I was able to login online and confirm that my foid is indeed active. According to the website it shows my foif as being issued the same date that I got my CCL. However I am confident that I never received a second foid card. I tried calling 48 times that first day and approx 20 the next. Sounds like I will just need to continue the calling until I get lucky. Again thanks for the input, appreciate it all.

Thanks for the responses. So I was able to login online and confirm that my foid is indeed active. According to the website it shows my foif as being issued the same date that I got my CCL. However I am confident that I never received a second foid card. I tried calling 48 times that first day and approx 20 the next. Sounds like I will just need to continue the calling until I get lucky. Again thanks for the input, appreciate it all.

In the mean time , just remember to use your carry license till the new card comes. If you ever get a hold of someone that is. LOL Laughing is better than crying for you.