CZ 75 series Pistols---talk to me

BCC

CZ Rami BD

Cz PCR

CZ P-01

All have had kits from Cajun Gun Works installed as well as light polishing to help trigger pulls.

I prefer the P-01 but have been carrying the Rami lately. All of mine are decockers (personal preference for carry)

My PCR has a serrated trigger face that I sanded down for comfort.

I don't have any experience with the polymer series.

I love'em but get the What the hey!!! face from people as most have never heard of them. I read some people don't like the smaller slide (rides inside the frame).

I went shooting today... Just the CZs. And I weighed them before I left home... The P-01 is a full 7 ounces lighter than the 75 Compact. Since I shoot equally well with each, the P-01 will visit Cajun Gun Works for a tune-up (Defensive Carry Package) in January and become my EDC. I can hardly wait! Already planning for the possibility of doing the same to the 75 Compact if I love it... Or maybe the Pro Package? I'm very excited.

Just shot the full size 75 SP-01 Tactical and was very nice. WAY to big for carry, but very nice trigger. Looked at the P-01 compact and OMG wwhat a feel in the hand with rubberized grips--honestly never felt a better fit pistol !!! Very impressive for sure....

Shop did not have the PCR compact--can anyone comment on the difference between that and a P-01 compact ??

I carry the SP01 daily. sure it's heavy as heck....but I got 19+1 plus another 19 in spare mag. when the BLM stuff was going on in Chicago...it sure felt good to have that on me.

Just shot the full size 75 SP-01 Tactical and was very nice. WAY to big for carry, but very nice trigger. Looked at the P-01 compact and OMG wwhat a feel in the hand with rubberized grips--honestly never felt a better fit pistol !!! Very impressive for sure....

Shop did not have the PCR compact--can anyone comment on the difference between that and a P-01 compact ??

I carry the SP01 daily. sure it's heavy as heck....but I got 19+1 plus another 19 in spare mag. when the BLM stuff was going on in Chicago...it sure felt good to have that on me.

Hats off to you---that's a lot of steel on the hip !!!!!

Talked to cz today and they are not releasing ANY until the end of month. They are delivered to their dealers and if the dealers have a name on them , then they also will be pre sold as they come in. Grab a gun said they have not sold the CZ P-01 OMEGA CONVERTIBLE IN OVER 90 DAYS. Good luck w/ that.

I'm late to the party, but will echo the CZ love. They are the most ergonomic handgun I've held, which is why I own two. I own a CZ-75B and a CZ P-07 (second generation) and really like both. The 75B has the classic look, full size, and I really like the reduced recoil from a heavier, all metal frame. If I were able to and decided to open carry, it would be my first choice. The P-07 is sized to be a jack-of-all-trades, akin to the Glock 19. It's definitely doable for concealed carry. However, for carry is it is a bit wide for my taste, which is why I prefer a S&W Shield at the moment, but it is not that bad. I used it for my CCL class and qualification. One other perk is the P-07 is interchangeable between a safety and decocker, so you can experiment and figure out which manual of arms you prefer. I know there are other CZ's being released with the same ability, but they are newer and not quite as available.

Both the 75B and P07 are in my bedside safe, I'd probably grab the P-07 first but would have no qualms using the 75B.

Made my mind up on the 75D PCR---seems it would fit my needs perfectly !!!!!

Just need to FIND one..........

thanks for all the input.......

Rinks didn't have it?

No...didn't have a PCR it was a 75 Compact steel frame with safety.

Maxons had at least 1 CZ Compact model yesterday. That cool green one.

I am a new CZ PCR owner. It took years to come across one in person as they were always out of stock when I had the cash and inclination to purchase one. I had to pay the going rate with the small bonus that a fiber optic sight had already installed on my used (practically new) pistol. Coincidentally I only found the PCR because I had been looking for a CZ P-07. When the P-07 was first released I handled a P-07 Duty model and did not care for it but found the newer model improved and liked it a lot, plus they are significantly cheaper and easier to find than a PCR.

So far I have only had a single range visit with the PCR and I confess that I am a bit underwhelmed after years of looking forward to it. The P-07 had a better trigger right out of the display case. All the CZ-75 pistols I've handled were better too. Admittedly my gun is still very stiff and still breaking in but I did not shoot it very well in my initial tests. The pistol functioned flawlessly with a wide range and weight of FMJ and 25 rounds of 124gr jhp +p. Unfortunately I pull my shots noticeably left in single action, at least and inch or two left at 7yards. This is very unusual for me in single action and doesn't happen with micro .380s, XDs, or snub nose revolvers. Also, my trigger finger is uncomfortably short to shoot double action unless I begin from the half-cocked position, which I suppose is how they were designed to be used anyway. I specifically wanted a PCR and not a P-01 because I have no use for a rail on a carry pistol and didn't want an all steel or safety model for that matter either. The alloy frame is surprisingly light with the slide removed. Magazines are high quality, snap in audibly, and eject forcefully. Factory rubber grips feel great. The factory test target indicates very good accuracy at 25 meters using 115gr S&B ammo. Apparently I'm just not up to snuff yet because I shoot most my guns much better than this.

So, I may end up buying some parts from Cajun Gun Works to customize my PCR, and in retrospect I may have been more immediately happy with the P-07 as it comes right out of the box for immediate gratification. I haven't given up though.These are supposed to slick up pretty well and there's no replacement for the feel of metal in your hands either. The balance and ergonomics of this gun are still superb.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks but found the PCR.......

You'll be happy! I'm late to the party too, but I push the CZ pistols to everyone that's looking for a handgun. My SP-01 (safety model) is hands-down my favorite 9mm pistol to shoot. The weight and ergonomics make it almost unfair.

I'll admit that the p-07 didn't suite me, but only due to the slab sides, the new p-10c looks like they added some palm swell so I'll give it a look.

For those looking in the future, KY Gun company usually keeps some in stock. I haven't dealt with them but they get good reviews.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a base 75 B. Sure, it has a safety and it's metal. But it's proven! I prefer the BD model, just because I'm not a safety fan but I do have a Czechoslovakian pre-B model. The 75 is the most accurate handgun I've shot and I've shot few! LOL!!!! Seriously though, I've moved away from striker-fired polymer guns for the most part because of the 75. I do eventually want to grab the SP-01 Tactical (again, metal but has a decocker and rail).

Buy a 75. BUY A 75. BUY A 75, NOW!!!!!!!!

Sorry, got a little carried away there. I'm a CZ fangirl, after all. ;)

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a base 75 B. Sure, it has a safety and it's metal. But it's proven! I prefer the BD model, just because I'm not a safety fan but I do have a Czechoslovakian pre-B model. The 75 is the most accurate handgun I've shot and I've shot few! LOL!!!! Seriously though, I've moved away from striker-fired polymer guns for the most part because of the 75. I do eventually want to grab the SP-01 Tactical (again, metal but has a decocker and rail).

Nothing wrong with a little enthusiasm :clap:

Nothing wrong with a little enthusiasm :clap:

:frantics: :frantics: :frantics:

Eagle Gun Range in Oak Forest has a very good selection of CZs. The other night they had a PCR, P-01, Compact, and a few others. They were trying to introduce me to them until they find out that I have 3. The P-01 was my first pistol. I loved that pistol but traded it (for a S&W Model 66-1, so no regrets there). I've had at least a dozen pistols in between but compared them all to my CZ. They were mostly great guns but for me CZs for me best. I finally decided to trade into two (Rami BD and matte stainless 75B) a few months ago and just picked up a steel compact with rail (looks like a P-01 but it's all steel and has a safety) a few days ago. That one's my favorite (once these sights go). They're just great guns, as all here stated.

Sent from my Note 5, which thinks it can spell better than I can...

Loads of CZ's here......just saying

Checked this morning and no PCR's (is that correct) in stock.

I did have the pleasure of being the first to shoot the new rental offering on the range...a CZ 75 SP-01 in 9mm

I got a little crazy and stayed with it for 200 rounds

And I can say this is a very nice shooter, my first encounter with a CZ

Didn't like the nite sights inside, sure it would be better outside or at nite

After a bit (100 rounds) I did get sore a bit in the hands

I could see getting some different grips maybe

Consistent shooting at 6" and 3" shoot n see's from 15 out to 45 feet.

I did shoot a little late w to start then figured out the sight pattern, for me!

Sorry, no pics

Nice firearm

I really wanted an SP-01 when I bought mine, but the only ones I could find were insanely overpriced. Ended up with my 75B and do like it, but sometimes wish I could have found a reasonably priced SP-01. Grips can make a load of difference. I know alot of people replace the stock ones with the rubberized ones from CZ for comfort. I personally went with wood just because I like the look.

I would recommend the po7 for who cares if it rusts and gets wet.the po7 is about best of the bunch..its also the fastest color as its black..i have a bunch of cz's laying around that are all my go 2's....i still have a couple hk's in the box and they have been that way for over 20 yrs now as i just cant bring myself to ever grab them...i am not a rami fan though....still like cz to give us a compact steel framed single stack 10mm with decocker...id be all over that....not sure what to make of cz's new striker fired variant either...really dont see the point with that..if you really wanna drink cz grape kool aide pick up a 552 22lr...everything else but grandpas 22lr you will sell....they are that good

Ps..the cz sights suck...the rubber grips i am not a huge fan of either for edc...both these issues though have easy remedies...cajun or cz custom are the go 2's for all things cz

Loads of CZ's here......just saying

Checked this morning and no PCR's (is that correct) in stock.

I did have the pleasure of being the first to shoot the new rental offering on the range...a CZ 75 SP-01 in 9mm

I got a little crazy and stayed with it for 200 rounds

And I can say this is a very nice shooter, my first encounter with a CZ

Didn't like the nite sights inside, sure it would be better outside or at nite

After a bit (100 rounds) I did get sore a bit in the hands

I could see getting some different grips maybe

Consistent shooting at 6" and 3" shoot n see's from 15 out to 45 feet.

I did shoot a little late w to start then figured out the sight pattern, for me!

Sorry, no pics

Nice firearm

And where is this?

Archived